Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web MapleBit - Gtop Pinkback voting

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been trying to find a guide on how to do this properly.

I've looked at some other posts but I'm having trouble implementing the code to my website.

I was wondering if anyone that knows how this work could help me.

So on my website, I obviously have a vote page.
But the guide says to create a new php file called pingback.php and put it in a directory.
And on GTOP website, update pingback url to the pingback.php directory.
I did all that.

I'm just having troubles understanding how the form from my vote page links with pingback.php

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Your vote form does not directly interact with pingback.php. If you've successfully enabled the Pingback option on GTOP's control settings, then GTOP will be the ones that will be interacting with pingback.php.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Your vote form does not directly interact with pingback.php. If you've successfully enabled the Pingback option on GTOP's control settings, then GTOP will be the ones that will be interacting with pingback.php.
So what would my voting page look like???

For example, would it be like

<form action="pingback.php">
... vote stuff...
</form>

??

Upvote 0
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
So what would my voting page look like???

For example, would it be like

<form action="http://forum.ragezone.com/pingback.php">
... vote stuff...
</form>

??

Your vote form would not submit to pingback.php at all--that would defeat the purpose of pingback voting. Your form would send the user to GTOP's page as normal, except with the pingUsername variable attached.
Example:
PHP:
http://www.gtop100.com/topsites/MapleStory/sitedetails/SERVERNAME?vote=1&pingUsername=USERNAMEHERE
GTOP themselves will then literally ping your pingback.php (assuming you've enabled everything correctly) and send any details necessary along with the pingUsername via a POST request so you know who to give it to. The example script they have on their site does almost everything for you except give the reward to the user, which you'll have to do yourself.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Your vote form would not submit to pingback.php at all--that would defeat the purpose of pingback voting. Your form would send the user to GTOP's page as normal, except with the pingUsername variable attached.
Example:
PHP:
http://www.gtop100.com/topsites/MapleStory/sitedetails/SERVERNAME?vote=1&pingUsername=USERNAMEHERE
GTOP themselves will then literally ping your pingback.php (assuming you've enabled everything correctly) and send any details necessary along with the pingUsername via a POST request so you know who to give it to. The example script they have on their site does almost everything for you except give the reward to the user, which you'll have to do yourself.

So I've made the form on my vote page to direct to

And it does correctly redirect to gtop with the proper account username.
Problem is, when I successfully vote on GTOP, it won't reward the account.
on Gtop it's set up so that it redirects to pingback.php and i'm using the pingback.php made by you that is specific to maplebit.
I've checked to make sure the MYSQL table names and row names are all correct.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You can try adding your own IP to the authorized IP list.
PHP:
$authorized = array("198.148.82.98", "198.148.82.99"); // authorized ips to prevent exploitation
and try giving yourself rewards. Add var_dumps and prints, and then check your network tab after sending the POST request to see what is returned to you. If you can't give yourself a reward, then it doesn't matter if GTOP is pinging the script or not, the issue is with the script.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I just found this thread and I am also trying to get this to work. However, my problem is with the MapleBit Voting it inserts the vote point command directly after clicking Submit for multiple voting sites.

My idea would be to add in a script like If SiteID is not I think the symbol is "!==" (# of site for GTop and others using Pingback/Postback). Then it'll give the points for vote sites that dont use pingback... Then an Else If where it doesnt do anything?

Upvote 0
Back