Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web MapleBit Support Thread

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
So the issue is on your end? Because you modified the files?

Yes, indeed.
The guy with the problem must have put a phrase of code in a place that interferes with the php response of the login script.
It seems like putting anything after the end of the php tag in main.php for example, is added to the response... So I put the code in a different place (header.php) and it works fine now.

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
my site wont load how do i get it to load i dl wamp put in wamp folder and nothin!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to fix the issue where the server doesn't dump the Bit_ Tables and data into your database? All the other database stuff works fine.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey green.

Apparently, it seems like the problem that this guy posted (quote below) is still present in your latest released build. (Jan 1st)

I have been experiencing it personally, and here I wonder, is there any fix for that? I don't think that it occurred right after the install, but I am also quite positive that no files relating to the login system have been changed.

It's like login.js doesn't get the right response (in this case, it has to get 'success'), but that doesn't make sense..

Edit:

Fixed it.
In login.js, replace

PHP:
success: function (response) {
                if (response == 'success') {
                    $("#loginform").slideUp('slow', function () {
                        $("#message").html('<script>location.reload();</script><div class=\"alert alert-success\">Logged in. Reloading...</div>');
                    });
                } else {
                    $('#message').hide().html("<br/><div class=\"alert alert-danger\">Wrong username or password</div>").fadeIn('fast');
                }
                console.log(response);
            }

with

PHP:
success: function (response) {
                alert(response);
                console.log(response);
            }

For a moment, in order to check if the response is right. It seems like adding blocks for some other custom web stuff in places like the end of main.php can duck up the response.. lol

I had this exact same issue, different scenario though. We switched hosts, tried to restore the SQL tables from a backup to the tables (so I didn't have to redo all the pages, etc). The issue was with the web login's not matching up with the account ids. We wiped our database, so of course it wouldn't match up! With clean tables, logging in properly mapped out the account id, and the issue was solved.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello anyone can help me for the vote ? i try to fix but no luck

bump!!!!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any ideas how to solve the problem that in the rankings, the character equips dont appear? like it only shows the default outfit you create your char with

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi greenelf(x)!

I've been struggling to get the ranking pictures to show up properly.

I'm using the master version of MapleBit ( ) configured to use a v.62 database (particularly LeaderMS). Everything else works fine, but for some reason /assets/img/GD/create.php?name=CharName always generates an empty image.

Here's what I've done:
  • extracted 'GD v148.7z' as the installer stated, making my /assets/img/GD/ folder look like this:
    Code:
    xecuter@web:~/MapleBit/assets/img/GD⟫ ls
    Accessory  Cap  Cape  Characters  Coat  coordinates.php  create.php  Face  GD v148.7z  Glove  Hair  Longcoat  Pants  Shield  Shoes  Skin  Weapon
  • made /assets/img/GD/Characters writable, and confirmed that images are being saved in the form of 'CharName.png'.
  • enabled error logging for create.php and noticed the following in my nginx error log
    Code:
    2015/12/23 22:35:59 [error] 14181#0: *31 FastCGI sent in stderr: "in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 140
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 140
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 141
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 141
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Character::$vSlot in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 66
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 67
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 67
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 68
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 68
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Character::$vSlot in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 78
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 113
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 113
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 114
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.

If it helps, I'm on a clean Ubuntu 14.04 install running nginx, php5-fpm, and php5-gd (is there possibly another package I need?).

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here! Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hi greenelf(x)!

I've been struggling to get the ranking pictures to show up properly.

I'm using the master version of MapleBit ( ) configured to use a v.62 database (particularly LeaderMS). Everything else works fine, but for some reason /assets/img/GD/create.php?name=CharName always generates an empty image.

Here's what I've done:
  • extracted 'GD v148.7z' as the installer stated, making my /assets/img/GD/ folder look like this:
    Code:
    xecuter@web:~/MapleBit/assets/img/GD⟫ ls
    Accessory  Cap  Cape  Characters  Coat  coordinates.php  create.php  Face  GD v148.7z  Glove  Hair  Longcoat  Pants  Shield  Shoes  Skin  Weapon
  • made /assets/img/GD/Characters writable, and confirmed that images are being saved in the form of 'CharName.png'.
  • enabled error logging for create.php and noticed the following in my nginx error log
    Code:
    2015/12/23 22:35:59 [error] 14181#0: *31 FastCGI sent in stderr: "in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 140
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 140
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Character::$vSlot in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 66
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Character::$vSlot in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 78
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.php on line 114
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xecuter/MapleBit/assets/img/GD/coordinates.

If it helps, I'm on a clean Ubuntu 14.04 install running nginx, php5-fpm, and php5-gd (is there possibly another package I need?).

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here! Any help would be appreciated.
I haven't done this on Linux in a while, but have you gotten any images to generate? If not, make sure that the user who runs nginx has permissions to read and write the GD folder.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I haven't done this on Linux in a while, but have you gotten any images to generate? If not, make sure that the user who runs nginx has permissions to read and write the GD folder.

Went ahead and made the entire GD folder writable and it works now.
I guess I figured I only had to make GD/Characters writable.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Went ahead and made the entire GD folder writable and it works now.
I guess I figured I only had to make GD/Characters writable.

Thanks for the help!

I'm having the same issue.. Running on CentOS. I made the GD folder and all subfolders writable but the problem still persists. Any idea?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue.. Running on CentOS. I made the GD folder and all subfolders writable but the problem still persists. Any idea?

Make sure the GD extension is enabled, make sure that the user running Apache is able to write to the folder. You'll probably have to look at your PHP and Apache logs to get a better idea of what's going on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure the GD extension is enabled, make sure that the user running Apache is able to write to the folder. You'll probably have to look at your PHP and Apache logs to get a better idea of what's going on.

Apparently I didn't have GD installed. I did install it just now, restarted apache, but it still doesn't seem to work.. Do I have to enable GD somewhere? Thanks for helping btw

eb532cc2fb69c7d5fa33c955c0b16ef2 - MapleBit Support Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

I also just upgraded my php install to 5.6, this still does not make it work unfortunately..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Apparently I didn't have GD installed. I did install it just now, restarted apache, but it still doesn't seem to work.. Do I have to enable GD somewhere? Thanks for helping btw

eb532cc2fb69c7d5fa33c955c0b16ef2 - MapleBit Support Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

I also just upgraded my php install to 5.6, this still does not make it work unfortunately..

You will have to check your error logs (both php and apache) to understand what is causing the issue. The only other thing I can think of is a permission issue (eg the gd folder is not writeable by the user running Apache)

Attachments

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Hey,
You should first check that GD is loaded by simply printing your phpinfo()
If it is loaded, then the problem is most likely a permissions issue like Greenelf said, however if it is not loaded, you should load it using your php.ini/httpd.conf or in worst case scenario, recompile your Apache and PHP installation with the GD module, if applicable for CentOS.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,
You should first check that GD is loaded by simply printing your phpinfo()
If it is loaded, then the problem is most likely a permissions issue like Greenelf said, however if it is not loaded, you should load it using your php.ini/httpd.conf or in worst case scenario, recompile your Apache and PHP installation with the GD module, if applicable for CentOS.

Best of luck.

f5941cdfa613f4077134b9beea96dba7 - MapleBit Support Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm not sure what else it could be.. I even set the permissions to 777 just to make sure.

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What error do you get? Try turning on the error reporting and see what are the errors. If there aren't any, then well, it's just imposibru lol

php_errors.log
Code:
[05-Mar-2016 17:38:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  date() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /var/www/html/sources/misc/logout.php on line 7
[05-Mar-2016 17:39:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  date() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /var/www/html/sources/misc/logout.php on line 7 
[05-Mar-2016 18:19:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  date() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /var/www/html/sources/misc/logout.php on line 7

error_log (apache) doesn't show anything interesting, just starting/stopping apache. Is there anywhere I can change the error reporting level for apache?

Upvote 0
Back