Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Website won't load when opened with public IP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I've had this issue for a few days now, and I think I've read over 50 posts in different forums but couldn't find the answer. My cms just doesn't want to load up when I use public ip to try and access it. What could possibly be wrong ? I'm using wamp server by the way...It loads just fine with localhost ip or internal network ip…

• Ports 80,8080,8484 are forwarded
  • Exceptions for software in firewall along with same ports as mentioned above are opened too
  • Latest apache version installed
  • Added exceptions and extra protocols to metwork adapter
  • Tried accessing website with my laptop at work...tried just in case it was a local network issue , but no luck.
  • Skype was installed automatically with winodows 10, but I uninstalled it straight away.
  • Torrent client is installed but, running on completely different ports
  • I do use Tor often but,i have a separate SSD with Kali installed and unplugged when I don't use it (Windows SSD is never unplugged)

Now the interesting thing is that, I can access the game server just fine with my public ip, im currently at work and my server is running at home and I tried accessing it on my laptop and it works like a charm...

My ISP doesn't block any of HTML ports (80,8080,443).

What could possibly be wrong with it? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I've had this issue for a few days now, and I think I've read over 50 posts in different forums but couldn't find the answer. My cms just doesn't want to load up when I use public ip to try and access it. What could possibly be wrong ? I'm using wamp server by the way...It loads just fine with localhost ip or internal network ip…

• Ports 80,8080,8484 are forwarded
  • Exceptions for software in firewall along with same ports as mentioned above are opened too
  • Latest apache version installed
  • Added exceptions and extra protocols to metwork adapter
  • Tried accessing website with my laptop at work...tried just in case it was a local network issue , but no luck.
  • Skype was installed automatically with winodows 10, but I uninstalled it straight away.
  • Torrent client is installed but, running on completely different ports
  • I do use Tor often but,i have a separate SSD with Kali installed and unplugged when I don't use it (Windows SSD is never unplugged)

Now the interesting thing is that, I can access the game server just fine with my public ip, im currently at work and my server is running at home and I tried accessing it on my laptop and it works like a charm...

My ISP doesn't block any of HTML ports (80,8080,443).

What could possibly be wrong with it? Any ideas?

In addition, you must change the settings of the wamp files for your public IP for this.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately, some ISP companies block the HTTP port.
I'd advice you to call them and ask them if it exists nor possible to remove the block.
It is very rare, but some do in fact block it.

Upvote 0
Back