Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AIPolicy Test Stuff

Reaction score
@ PWI 1.4.2 v402

sAIview aipolicy.data viewer

ronny1982 - AIPolicy Test Stuff - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score
i have wait long time for this realease. thanks ronny.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

btw, this only viewer? i cannot change anything :?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i've linked wrong files, links are now corrected and point to the correct files...

yes it's a viewer, no need for an editor...

It would good if be a editor, ronny. Normally aipolicy is in a foreign language and where the official language is not English, it would be useful.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its hard to do an editor because of the way the file is, the file isnt like most where it just reads arrays its actually statements etc that control this file.

Very nice work though ronny.

Reaction score
is now live...

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

I've discovered the links in tasks.data, but they are somehow translated maybe in a lookup table.

i.e. for 1.4.2 we have tasks.data AI Link 871 pointing to aipolicy.data control block 728

the problem is in 1.3.6 AI Link 871 is pointing to aipolicy.data control block 740

so if anyone knows where to find the mapping table would be nice to share it...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ronny, I cant think of any quest that links to an aipolicy block. Do you have an example ?

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The cube quest where you kill Myserious Pets every 1 you kill it +1 the item u gain at end.

Reaction score
Ronny, I cant think of any quest that links to an aipolicy block. Do you have an example ?

Twilight Temple quests where you choose the chapter, mode and settings are all linked to aipolicy, the aipolicy creates or removes npc's depending on your choice...

But Twilight Temple AI links are correct, i wanna find the correct links for Valley of Reciprocity and the new Frost City quests which are different in 1.4.2 compared to 1.3.6

like stated in my previous post, the quest to activate the health aura in Valley of Reciprocity (AI Link 871) points to AI control block 740 in v1.3.6 but it points to AI control block 728 in v1.4.2

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as I tested, the twilight quests don't use aipolicy, they use "events" as I call them, these thing in npcgen.data.

Reaction score
As far as I tested, the twilight quests don't use aipolicy, they use "events" as I call them, these thing in npcgen.data.

TT quests are connected to control blocks in aipolicy.data, each control blocks holds action sets, each action sets check for a condition and do some functions if the condition is fulfilled.
For TT a procedure called "NPC Generator" is fired. the procedure is called with two statements: first is the id for npcgen.data second is the state telling if the npc should be activated or deactivated

In tasks.data:
AI Control Link 202 -> AI Controller 147

in aipolicy.data:
procedures in this block trigger NPC_Generator i.e. 190

*this is also the id used by GM Command creature builder

in npcgen.data/triggers:
the aipolicy triggered NPC_Generator id 190 is mapped to a local NPC_Trigger 197

in npcgen.data/creature|dynamics:
the local NPC_Trigger 197 is connected to the creatures

Last edited:
Reaction score

That's it, you're right i was wrong, i figured out how tasks are linked to ai control blocks: they use a "dummy" monster

The following example will show the complete pipeline for the Twilight Temple Requiem of Wraith task:

1. first we look into the task for opening TT Requiem of Wraith, it's the task with id 9032 here we find the creature builder id 202

2. now we look into npcgen for the creature builder id 202, here we find a connection to the npc trigger link 209

3. the npc trigger link is associated with a "dummy" monster, this monster has only one usage: it executes the attached ai control block when activated by the task, i'll call it "task control monster". I'm sure some of you have noticed double coordinates on npc's when using command d_showpos, these coordinates belong to the invisible task control monsters. In our case the trigger activates the monster with id 14455

4. now it's time to lookup in element list 37 for the task control monster 14455 to find the ascociated aipolicy control block, here it is 147

5. at least we can look in aipolicy for the control block 147 to see what it does...

Finally we have figured out how task 9032 is linked (indirectly) to the aipolicy control block 147:thumbup1:

Last edited:
[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nice one mate.

One thing you should allow is editing of the text announcements though.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
they use a "dummy" monster

*from the category useless knowledges*

Last year you could find those trigger mobs on pwdatabase.com by searching for "chinese name" but it seems as they fixed the search engine...

p.ex.

And remember, never write a renaming tool for your elements that graps the names from PW database, otherwise all traps and trigger mobs will have a name ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out, hope i helped a bit to lead to the right solution =)

Last edited:
Back