Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Casting and Interval Cap

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well spark is just spark I can add a casting cap gs then add a casting cap gs + spark cooldown timer added if u like?

Reaction score
I think that would be best, otherwise high aps can still perma-spark, which was the problem at hand...

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

...I say "let them have their high aps (5.0) -- take away their ability to 'abuse' that by staying 'perma-sparked' all the time ;)

all the testing I've done, 60 seconds would be the best.

So I'd safely say to make the timer for both sage and demon (triple) sparks a duration of 60 seconds.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Controlling the cast can make imbalance as well if you release content the same respect PW does on official maybe a few extra stats you won't have a problem, when I have finished patching GS file you will realise the difference yes -25% cast but this will force people to begin using their classes for their correct purposes instead of relying on casting to be successful.

I don't see how it can be an imbalance if I control the cast. Anyhow, the next number from 69 cast up would be 72-73 (lunate), which would allow 97 EP/MG casters with demon sparks 25 cast. At 97 cast 5 Skills for a mage is instantly casted so limiting it to 69 max for base any server wishing to avoid instant casts. There is a set of principles to follow for example don't allow more than -6 per piece of gear, and no more than -3 on cape helm tome and no pants with casting. Before gear is added stats is analysed to ensure balance is being kept. Generally though the majority of casters can drop most classes with any cast 50% on a classic / relatively balanced server, Lets forget warriors sultra for a moment where a bit of crit luck is most welcomed.:love:

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Well, why not make it like -95? That way, they will still have some good casting times, and then they can't insta 2 spark skills and such. -99 is technically OP, but you gotta admit, 5.0 aps warrior kinda combats that. That is personally why I have -99 tomes and 5.0 base weapons. But yeah, I wish you all luck.

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
You realise -95 chan is basically the same as -99 right?

And facepalm at -99 tomes and 5.0 base weps but thats just imo

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
You realise -95 chan is basically the same as -99 right?

And facepalm at -99 tomes and 5.0 base weps but thats just imo

Look at my siggy, says it all :p

Its the first server of its kind ijs.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

And about -95 chan being equal to -99 - there is a HUGE difference. With -99 you click and skill and the casting animation doesnt even show, for all skills except like 2 on mg. EP has all skills insta with -99 im pretty sure, so yeah. WF - no clue. Never played one that was insta, ill have to get back to you with that :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
-99 has all skills except the 2 spark rock stun.
-98 has all skills except 2 spark and healing insta.
-97 has all your lower attacks insta, but 4 of them.
Anything lower, only has a few skills instant..and really sucks.
I, personally love instant casting characters..but I do think it should be hard to get. (Ex. 2-3 people on server having it, because it is so hard to obtain. Takes 100% luck to get one.(Kind of like how Devastation used to be.))
5.0, if used correctly can murder an instant mage/etc. Magic classes, should have to suffer the loss of the best gear, but not the best weapons to receive -99..this way they are super easy to kill, but hit hard. Keeping balance in mind, people should not be able to get 5.0 w/o a spark..because even with a 3.33 you can rip through a mage w/ rank 8 armor on. Simple enough..I think. If the server items are made correctly, with balance in mind..casting and intervals should not be an issue at ALL.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol instant cast was never hard to get on deva.
infact when i joined 60% of the server was an instant mage.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i am kinda curious abt one thing is there already a way to put the aps to 3.00 and chanting to 70% or is still in progress to find which part of the gs file contains that?
p.s. i am asking cause i saw this thread abt wanting to make it all balanced.
i know of an actual private server with 7.00 as aps

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
5.0 is the max APS you can get unless they extended it.

Also the gs hasn't been released yet I have been busy with a different project but I do plan on working on this soon.

Reaction score
5.0 is the max APS you can get unless they extended it.

Also the gs hasn't been released yet I have been busy with a different project but I do plan on working on this soon.

so it was posible to make limit max magic chaneling to 95%, coz if all magic have -99% or even -100% it will lose animation, so we cannot know if they atk. and i think if limit max chaneling to 95% it can block bot second.

Note: Bot Second, is a tool that can make all skill comes up in one press and one second. and it was fully working with magic chaneling -99% specialy mage / wizzard, most server PVP player use this tools.

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
That's just pathetic !!!
(of them of course)

Depends in wich side you are (Players/Admins).

Most players like it, they say that "need more experience to play in high cast servers"... The admins (the most experienced ones) don't like it, because it's stupid, and not funny... I hate instant cast, F1 + F2 = Down... there's no fun in PvPs and GvGs like this... You die and have to come to the battlefield fast, even without chi (that energy to use special skills that Idk if is 'chi' in english >.<) and buffs, just to hit someone, cuz that's the only thing you'll be able to do.

But it depends of the players... if most of em prefers insta-cast, it should be like that. You can't use normal casting just because you like it, the players will think that you play on your server, and want to have your own fun.

I may be wrong, and it depends of the country (If already had too many servers with insta-cast, the players will be accostumed).

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
sorry, first thing to popped into my head :lol:

OmG 343... :thumbup:

and...
first time i found no-cast-thing and superb-aps, just one word came out from my mouth, "wOw" then my finger did "rm -rf *"

Last edited:
Reaction score
bump... I finally see more now about -99% (not 100% just like NaMeLeS pointed out to me) -- I just tested casting and see the potential problems with any lack of or incorrect casting caps...

It would be REALLY nice to have what I figure a cap at -75% channeling MAX and change 5.0 APS to 2.5 or 3.0 APS... Maybe I will start looking in to this again sooner or later... What's your status on this Brian ?

Back