Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Casting and Interval Cap

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Owh guys Im working on a G18 items on my server and i hope its gonna duck up all those casters

Set really high reqs. for wearing accessories (For example 650 INT and 70 STR), no cast at all on the accessories, accessories must have a bit of +INT and +STR on it because armor reqs. gonna be even higher lets say 680 INT and 80 STR, next, wear the G18 armor 6 parts, it must have a bit of INT and STR on it too, for example set the armor to give the player 50 STR and 50 INT, now to wear the G18 weapon you have to have for example 720 INT and 90 STR. No cast AT ALL on the items. Then use the compleated effect thing and make the Full G18 armor + access give cast, this way they wont be able to abuse the weapon to get high cast, All those G13 -12ct access. Users will resign from using that poop because G18 armor's def will be high enough to tank insta mages, and they wont be able to get the weapon because of high reqs.

Something like that o.o Dunno if its gonna work im implementing the G18 either today or 2morrow on my server, its gonna be free to use for a week, so players can test it out and say what they think. I'll let you know how it went in few days

Last edited:
[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bump... I finally see more now about -99% (not 100% just like NaMeLeS pointed out to me) -- I just tested casting and see the potential problems with any lack of or incorrect casting caps...

It would be REALLY nice to have what I figure a cap at -75% channeling MAX and change 5.0 APS to 2.5 or 3.0 APS... Maybe I will start looking in to this again sooner or later... What's your status on this Brian ?

Im trying to find a decent debugger that will run on a Unix platform so it will give the results better when attached to the gs. I have been finding a lot of linked areas with casting and interval and its becoming rather confusing so with the debugger giving me the details when increasing and decreasing cast the records will be easier to pick out.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Im trying to find a decent debugger that will run on a Unix platform so it will give the results better when attached to the gs. I have been finding a lot of linked areas with casting and interval and its becoming rather confusing so with the debugger giving me the details when increasing and decreasing cast the records will be easier to pick out.

ida pro is available for linux, the only downside is that the hexrays plugin is windows only. maybe you get it to work with the help of wine, because basically its just an asm->cpp parser :D

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I dont really think capping is a nescessary thing.

You're gonna say "5.0 and -99% makes unbalances, hur dur"
Well, yes and no.

It all depends on the way you do it bros, really.

For example: At a lvl 150 cap server with custom armor and etc.
Make it so 5.0 is getable, but isnt worth it for PK. Like making the HH100 fists the only fists with -0.10. But make it so that all other weapons are a lot better than it. That shall make ppl only use them for chi getting. Or maybe tanking at PvE instances (sacrificing damage from spark heal).

EDIT: Sorry for bad english, not native speaker

EDIT: PS. sorry for bad english, not native ;)

Also make it so the only weapon that can possibly make you instant is the lunate, or worse. the HH70 Mag sword. (with way better weapons available)

That way ppl will use insta as an strategic way to achieve something. And thats not bad and doesnt makes PK unbalanced.
Like, a sage cleric that just have been debuffed by a veno. Could equip the insane casting weapon. Buff himself (ct buff) than swicth to the normal casting one and keep rolling. That does require a lil skill.
Or an strategic PK Nuke. the mage just fell down and wanted to AoE stun quick so ppl wouldnt have time to atack him.

If instant casting wasant suposed to be there there wouldnt be skills where u get it ;o (even if its limited time)

Now I agree with triple spark being OP, but I cant think of an effective solution besides lowering the atack of high aps weapons.

EDIT: Im not a native english speaker, so forgive the bad english

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited by Kaloskatoa; 1 Hour Ago at 05:10 AM. Reason: dont want people to go grammar nazi on me.

Too bad:

getable ~~ seriously, don't you mean obtainable //face~desk

I'm guessing you're one of the 'players' that exploit this aspect of the game since you're attempting to discredit the legitimacy for the desire to do what we seek to do with changing these caps.
If instant casting wasant suposed to be there there wouldnt be skills where u get it ;o (even if its limited time)
Yea, you are... ... ...

Nice first post btw, another indicator in support of my above statement... ... ... This thread is not to debate whether to do it or not. It's more of a "To what extent do we alter the caps to?" thread. As difficult as it may be for us to do, if and when we can figure it out it will sure be a hell of a lot easier than editing every single item ('gears') that could alter this (now and in the future)...

I've already posted MY (personal) FINAL synopsis of what I will be changing MY servers caps to should we figure out how to do this:

I am adding this to my long long long term goals:

alter APS cap to either 2.5 or 3.0 APS
alter channeling cap to be a max of either -50% or -75%

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
oh well, you didnt understand me. Im a PWI cleric player, so no insta and no 5.0 for me. Also when I played private I was not insta ;o or 5.0

Im just trying to state there are ways you can nerf instant and 5.0 aps, meaning you dont have to cap them to make server balanced.

PLUS, Im not telling you to edit every single item.
Most servers have their custom gear right? Im telling you to make ur custom fists not that good. Im telling you to make CT not that easy. thats all ^^ Lunate is a real weapon and HH100 fists 2.

"you're attempting to discredit the legitimacy for the desire to do what we seek to do with changing these caps."

what I said was "I dont really think capping is a nescessary thing." Your desire is your desire, my opinion is you dont HAVE to do it to keep balances, and probally a lot of ppl dont know that, if you want to, who am I to say you shouldn't? Actually I never said you shouldn't, and never said ur opinion is bad. Sorry if it appeared like that, never was my intention

also, are you sure getable doesnt exists? been listening to natives speak that.

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
Well official have just of yesterday made it so that 4 aps is most and if you do somehow achieve higher you incur a negative penalty of .05
I dont play official but my wife does and she told me about so im not terribly clued up on it.
For my own serv i make gears that cannot exceed 4 aps because ive tried 5 and it was a total joke...im in total support of being able to cap this aps as it would ease the pressure of having to accomodate and compensate for this potential problem...but this isnt a debate about if so much as how...carry on peeps just thought id drop that info about pwi (shudder) and stick my 10 cents in

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have played lots of chars on PW but found the barb my fav though if you put a barb in PvP with for arguments sake a cleric with around the 60% cast that barb unless really lucky (yes lucky not skillful) will die each and everytime. I find its not 100% cast or aps but skill based cause magic never misses odds are as a melee you are chasing and chasing a magic dealer or archer. Only way you will win is basically they make a mistake or they have no clue how to use their class. I have played servers where BM's rule cause as demon they can with a multitude of weps and skills keep you in a stun lock non stop and pots wise max you got one that can give ya 20 secs of free movement.

As people have said on this thread gear can be the difference as well as the skills. I have used versions of server images where gear has had things like anti stun/sleep cast on ones self but again this is dependent on you hitting something I assume( not tested it).

As far as my love for a barb the private servers kill the PvP just cause of the 79 skill that allows them to get past the others ability to stop them in their tracks. If that could be gotten most private servers I have played I barb would enter the equality of PvP. With that said balance is hard cause if you want a server to be community based like in some ways forcing team interactions making instances harder to need teams means making the meat shield(barb) harder to kill thus inbalancing PvP should they get 79 skills. I am still myself working on what would be good and balanced in this case. But look forward to any advancements this site has.

On the 5aps only thing I can suggest is a set for sage and set for demon no idea how that could be implemented apart from owner actually handing out the weps/gear. Of course if would be soul bound to avoid transfering to alt chars with either demon or sage fairys. People would say then it wont matter what road you choose demon or sage but it still will based on skills and passive skills too. e.g a barb demon sure you do more dmg but from a tanking and taking dmg view sage for TW or tanking would be only way to go as far as if instances were made to force the team involvement.

These are just what I see as PW should be and from my time playing a decade of this game official and private people want it too. Most leave or left official cause of cost to keep up with cash players and the new classes. I would say anyone who has a server who can create the right enviroment will have a very successful server on their hands. Anyways wanted to throw my 10 pence worth in hope it help.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Well Capping the interval and casting seems pretty easy, ive been playing a lot and many servers too it can take you few days but you can remove from necks,belts,rings,(lunar wirsts) , and maybe from some armor parts replace the -6 with -3 as for interval i guess you can simply reduce from Row 2 Weapons Subtypes (31) the Attack Speed of weapon + that reducing the interval that some items give will make the 5aps with daggers impossible even for Archers.

Reaction score
Other people may have left behind v136, but not I. I personally am working more on the 136 part of my next update than anything else. Sure I am doing that v145 'add-on' but, I will admit I am not putting hardly ANY effort into it. It will function, and that's about it. All of my attention goes to v136 since I personally feel all other versions SUCK <.<

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
v136 is the classic pw, and it has way more dev options atm. So I also prefer v136, and Im looking forward to the update that you will make.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe you gave up on this, but some have not given up.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LMAO.. thats why some ppl like to play the old school 1.3.8 Servers BC thay like insticast and 5.0. if it was done right like Blood dragon at 1ST
bc YOU CANT Get insticast on the 1.4.4-1.4.6 Servers

o iv see a wep set at 10 aps. but if you set the aps too high it will start to Glich like bad

Last edited:
Back