Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Character XML STATUS (and deleting a character)

Reaction score
Here is a small discovery I made about deleting characters, in their XML:

<variable name="status" type="byte">0</variable> = DELETE CHARACTER FROM LIST (IN GAME - BUT NOT FROM DB)
<variable name="status" type="byte">1</variable> = NORMAL OPERATION
<variable name="status" type="byte">2</variable> = DELETE CHARACTER INSTANTLY
<variable name="status" type="byte">3</variable> = DELETE CHARACTER BASED ON DELETE_TIME

WARNING:
Setting this variable to "2" (or "3" with "0" in the delete_time field) will INSTANTLY delete a character fully, in its entirety from the DB, upon the accounts next log in...

Setting this variable to "0" is pretty safe, because it does not actually delete the character from the DB. You can always go back in and change the "0" back to a "1" and the player will "re-appear" in the list of players upon next log in.

NOTE:
DELETE_TIME is set using and is the time in which the user "clicks" delete (the character will then "meditate" for 7 days). Example: setting delete_time to "1327104000" will cause the character to actually be deleted upon any login of that account on or after 01/28/2012 00:00:00 (1327708800). Any time in-between and the user will have the option to 'cancel' the deletion.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Re: Character XML STATUS

thanks 343 good to know. I tried on ur release to delete a char by pwAdmin (not XML i didnt knew this) i deleted it and made another class with that name.
after i created the character and reloged the old character was back:D.
so i guess this :"<variable name="status" type="byte">2</variable> = DELETE CHARACTER INSTANTLY" is a goood way to delete chars thnx again.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score

Thanks 343, useful to know.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score

iweb delete always worked fine, try to copy that functionality to pwAdmin and it should work there too.

The xml way is interesting though

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

dont reccomend you to play with that options) better ban account or char, dont delete it through iweb or pwadmin)
db is like a glass - one wrong sound and it will crash without restoring)

Reaction score

dont reccomend you to play with that options) better ban account or char, dont delete it through iweb or pwadmin)
db is like a glass - one wrong sound and it will crash without restoring)

Though this (statement) may be true, I figure this (my) way is pretty safe because it's the same exact thing that would happen in the event a user manually decides to delete a character :wink:

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Ingame deletion takes a week to delete. If you delete char before PutRole in his account (you really don know when it will be) your db will be finished)

Reaction score

Yes, in-game takes a week, but how do you think it does that. As soon as a player clicks "delete" it sets the "STATUS" flag to "3", and puts the time they clicked "delete" in the "DELETE_TIME" field... If the person doesn't "cancel" by the time it is exactly 604800 seconds AFTER this "DELETE_TIME" it will then delete the character upon their next log-in. Changing this "STATUS" field does not in itself physically delete the character. Note, the: "upon next log-in".

I took a short video to attempt to show what I mean (some of the testing I've conducted in relation to this subject):

If you pause the video @ 5:04, you can see that immediately after the account logs in, it retreives data for each individual role (character):

"TRACE : GetRoleInfo, roleid=32."
"TRACE : GetRoleInfo, roleid=33."

The role (character), will then be physically deleted (immediately) if it contains either of the following in its XML/STATUS field:
"2" (regardless of "DELETE_TIME")
"3" where "DELETE_TIME" is ≤ Current Real/Server Time - 604800

"TRACE : DBDeleteRole, roleid=33"
"TRACE : dbdeleterole: Notify UniqueNameServer. zoneid=1,roleid=33,rolename.size=10"
"TRACE : PostDeleteRole(zoneid=1,roleid=33,name=)"
"TRACE : PostDeleteRole(zoneid=1,roleid=33,name=), old rolelist=80000003, new rolelist=80000001"

[This happens so fast the character never even appears in the list of characters to the client...]

& This is exactly how and what would happen had you just manually deleted the character through the client and waited the 7 days...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and how i can remove cubi gold from account?

Reaction score
Once the 'gold' is actually added to the character/account it's not stored in MySQL any longer, it's in the BDB (and I would have no clue how to 'remove' it, other than doing as ninekinsen said and 'spend it all')... ... ...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
so, i know im reviving a dead thread, but how would i delete a char using iweb seeing as how i cant figure out the XML way, and my char bugged to the point it crashes everytime i try to log it on, *tried to give it a GM weapon with the hex code of armor, yeah i know, rookie move* but anyway, can anyone help?

Back