Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CN 2012 English Client translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Original post about fixed_msg.txt issue

das7002 said:
Seeing as how I've been working on a translator for the client and everything seemed to be mostly working other then a few things that seemed out of place...

One thing that struck me right away but seemed as though it was a nonissue was that the official .pck file is 6 times larger then the one generated by spck OR pwpack2008

Unmodified everything works perfectly even though the file is greatly smaller...

Other then that I am able to translate most of the interface using only configs.pck (and a few minor interfaces.pck fixes)

For some odd reason after making sure the encoding and everything is proper for fixed_msg.txt (line structure is identical as well, line endings are \r\n like original file although my server's client is just \n, don't think that is effecting it) It seems to load some lines from other areas seemingly haphazardly (like character classes have something to do with the auction house aparently and that isn't even anywhere near the class names)

Another issue, sometimes (not always) the client will crash upon attacking a monster target (no idea why, the client logs are useless for this other then something about a skeleton not unloading properly but I believe it has nothing to do with configs.pck for that)

Other then that I would release it but I don't want to release something that is broken, anyone that knows why it is doing that and can help me fix it would be much appreciated

Edit: Used an exact clone of the fixed_msg.txt from my client and I have no issues at all other then the new class names are shown as (null)

Now to do a bit more testing...

Replace your configs.pck with and you'll get quite a few interfaces and things in english and it helps quite a lot, this is ONLY for interfaces that reference configs.pck, I'm currently working on improving translation application a bit more for it to work with interfaces.pck as well and I'm still having a bit of trouble with elements and tasks.data but I will be releasing my translator soon

Original if you want to revert and don't have a copy

Update: after much trial and error interfaces.pck has been mostly translated

Manual fixes by Goodlookingguy

German manual traslation of fixed_msg.txt by Zorno

And as promised my

Source credits

Contains code from

<--Currently unused but it is in the compiled jar file

Usage is is like so
Code:
java -jar elementtranslate.jar (optional from language) (optional, requires from language to use, to language)

Translating takes 3-4 hours, this is NOT because of me, this is a Google translate limitation
Unless you want to translate into another language I HIGHLY suggest you just use my premade pcks

It also requires spck.exe configs.pck and interfaces.pck to all be in the same directory as it, I have been attempting to write a pck extractor in native Java to make it platform independent, other then that I hope you do find this useful

Current issues:
interfaces.pck xml files tooltip text (the Hint element) is NOT translated due to a replaceAll() issue in Java I have been having, will update as soon as I can

Still using my own client's , haven't got around to figuring out what causes the crash

Client will crash and requires a fix of line 86 of character.xml for now but only if you do translation yourself

Client may crash when you confirm to exit, but not like that matters as you were exiting anyway

Last edited:
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update: Fixed skill description number errors (this also applies to items), added translation for petwords.txt (a 2012 expansion file, used for what mystic summons say)

I'm also still working on getting the original fixed_msg.txt to work, quite confusing why it causes a crash whenever I translate it (I have a feeling its a missed filter somewhere)

Also not quite sure why buff_str.txt truncates all strings down to the first word only even though the string delimeters are correct

interfaces.pck translation should be coming out in the next few hours, tweaking a few things for it

After that I'll release my translator as it is while I work on tasks.data and elements.data translators (tried a bit to mess with them, I'll eventually get it working)

Last edited:
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My Question would be: How do u translate it?

Similar to how I did my directory translator

I made a java app to parse and translate the files (due to google translate limitations it takes forever to do, took over an hour just to do skillstr.txt :lol:) which is why I'm also providing already completed ones along with the translator as soon as I'm done with interfaces.pck (since thats what I've got running now)

Don't worry though, as soon as its done I'll be posting the translator in its current state (along with the source code for your viewing pleasure) while I work on trying to get and elements and tasks translator

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Nice work Das, now i'll get more pleasure to play on w2i client :lol:

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update, after much trial and error interfaces.pck has been mostly translated

And as promised my

Source credits

Contains code from

<--Currently unused but it is in the compiled jar file

Usage is is like so
Code:
java -jar elementtranslate.jar (optional from language) (optional, requires from language to use, to language)

Translating takes 3-4 hours, this is NOT because of me, this is a Google translate limitation
Unless you want to translate into another language I HIGHLY suggest you just use my premade pcks

It also requires spck.exe configs.pck and interfaces.pck to all be in the same directory as it, I have been attempting to write a pck extractor in native Java to make it platform independent, other then that I hope you do find this useful

Current issues:
interfaces.pck xml files tooltip text (the Hint element) is NOT translated due to a replaceAll() issue in Java I have been having, will update as soon as I can

>>Reposted in OP

Notice
I have found an issue with character.xml that requires a manual fix for now(client crashes upon pressing C for character info panel), you need to add a " on line 86 and make the line valid xml IF you use the translator itself this is NOT an issue for premade pcks as I have uploaded the fix

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Btw, Ronny used "Bing Translator" for his sMODfix and seems to be faster.

Why you dont use it instead of google? :mellow:

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Btw, Ronny used "Bing Translator" for his sMODfix and seems to be faster.

Why you dont use it instead of google? :mellow:

1. I don't like Microsoft
2. There isn't an API for Bing Translate in Java already and I didn't feel like making one
3. Microsoft has even more limits then Google
4. I technically can go faster but it will throw 403 Suspected Terms of Use Violations so yes, I did deliberaltly limit the number of request per second to 5 (for configs.pck) and 45 second pauses after every 1000 and something similar (though slower) for interfaces.pck you can if you want remove the limiter and run it and watch how fast it goes until like I said you get a 403

Ronny's tool can translate that quickly and all of it in one go because there aren't as many translations to do, translating ~30,000-40,000 lines of text will take a while even if I could send it all at once

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've merged the new items descriptions in with the PWI translations for older items. As well as a ton of other stuff, like updating a bunch of files by hand. So here's a drastically more understandable translation of the two packs. Based on the Engrish ones merged with PWI translation for a majority of things, and other things were properly translated and changed by hand.

To have the interface in English while in the new interface. Load the game with the old interface, then open the system settings and switch that radio button from "Classic" to "My" and apply.

------
I've yet to get around to translating everything. I'm still working on it. However, this is much easier to understand.

12/15/10 8:40PM (GMT-8) Updated: Fixed most of the character creation menu. Fixed various other things.
12/16/10 2:52PM (GMT-8) Updated: Added abbreviations to chat. Forgot to upload.

Last edited:
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've merged the new items descriptions in with the PWI translations for older items. As well as a ton of other stuff, like updating a bunch of files by hand. So here's a drastically more understandable translation of the two packs. Based on the Engrish ones merged with PWI translation for a majority of things, and other things were properly translated and changed by hand.

To have the interface in English while in the new interface. Load the game with the old interface, then open the system settings and switch that radio button from "Classic" to "My" and apply.

------
I've yet to get around to translating everything. I'm still working on it. However, this is much easier to understand.

Added links to yours in my main post

Also mine does work with the old interface, I switched back to it the second I saw the new one I hate it that much...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also mine does work with the old interface, I switched back to it the second I saw the new one I hate it that much...

Yeah, the new interface isn't all that great. I also like the old one better. It seems like they were trying to copy AION to some extent. And I really don't care for AION.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the new interface isn't all that great. I also like the old one better. It seems like they were trying to copy AION to some extent. And I really don't care for AION.

To me it actually looked a lot more like the FW interface which I never liked all that much...

Aion on the other hand I love its interface even though it takes quite a bit of getting used to...

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The stf files, I think it stands for string tab format or something like that since they are all seperated by tabs and due to that its relatively easy to get just the string to translate, BUT due to the fact that translators like to reorder the part with the #'s and 0's and I have been testing to figure out what exactly they do I am requesting a bit of help with that so I can get translation method working properly (or just remove the #'s and 0's altogether if they are unimportant)

EDIT: Also about the update they did (to 570)

You can just replace the pcks again and launch the client directly, all they did was remove some things from item_ext_desc.txt and reverted the translations (must do an md5 check on update) other then that my current pcks still work, but launcher will report 564 as the version number still just ignore that and start elementclient.exe directly...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I updated my edits for version 570. They launcher will read 570 and allow you to start the game from there.

----
das7002, change the version.sw in both files to read 570 0 instead of 564 0.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I updated my edits for version 570. They launcher will read 570 and allow you to start the game from there.

----
das7002, change the version.sw in both files to read 570 0 instead of 564 0.

To me it doesn't matter as I can still load the client directly and I just disect the manual patches anyway to add what I need

Also, I have noticed that the #'s and 0's in the stf files apparently do nothing, but I just want to make sure from someone else that they really do indeed do nothing before I release updated pcks with them removed and more translations done (and translator would support our clients as well with this since our clients don't use the xml for the interface)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, I have noticed that the #'s and 0's in the stf files apparently do nothing, but I just want to make sure from someone else that they really do indeed do nothing before I release updated pcks with them removed and more translations done (and translator would support our clients as well with this since our clients don't use the xml for the interface)

I hadn't messed with the #'s and 0's since the official PWI translations didn't touch them. However, couldn't you read each line and check whether or not it has that pattern in it. By using something like this RegEx for example?
Code:
(.+?)((#{3}0){4})\"

And then ignore translating the line.

Last edited:
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hadn't messed with the #'s and 0's since the official PWI translations didn't touch them. However, couldn't you read each line and check whether or not it has that pattern in it. By using something like this RegEx for example?
Code:
(.+?)((#{3}0){4})\"

And then ignore translating the line.

I could, I've been tweaking how I do all the fixes and replaces to get the translation working right, if you read my Java code I released you'll see its quite messy but it does work...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to bump in on your topic, and I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I've been stuck on this quest for a LONG time. I'm LV 5 right now and can't seem to get past it. Can anyone translate or tell me what to do with this quest please? Thank you and sorry to barge in.

das7002 - CN 2012 English Client translation - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT: Fixed the Interface! Fixed the Stat Window too! Please help me with my quest though! X_X

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to bump in on your topic, and I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I've been stuck on this quest for a LONG time. I'm LV 5 right now and can't seem to get past it. Can anyone translate or tell me what to do with this quest please? Thank you and sorry to barge in.

I don't think das7002 can actually read Chinese. He's using his program that parses out the text and sends it to an online converter. And I can only barely makeout some of the text because I can read Japanese. But the gap in the languages is too much for me to be able to read long lines or lines with characters I don't recognize.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score

EDIT: Fixed the Interface! Fixed the Stat Window too! Please help me with my quest though! X_X

Yeah... I don't know Chinese...

I haven't been able to figure out what that quest wants me to do either (and my char is in the 2x's now) I just skipped it and grined out level 5 (takes like 10 mins) and then did quests from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back