Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Create some features that will looks like PWI features

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello community!

I thought on something,

We can have few things similar that will looks like some features from pwi interface. :mellow:

We can use or code some software that will have the same effect like if we change hotkeys. AutoIT maybe can do it? The possibilitie to changes some hotkey can be useful. :wink:

We can code a software that will have the same effect like the auto path, idk how but i'm sure it's possible! :eek:tt1:

What do you think about this? :mellow:

Reaction score
I do *really* miss autopathing! I am pretty sure auto-pathing is 100% client side, but I really do wish we could do something to add it. I would have to say my #1 priority would be to get auto-pathing first and foremost. (then key mapping) Once I get a stable server/client packaged up just the way I want it I would be more than willing to help a team of people who may want to work on something like this...

Reaction score
Hello community!

I thought on something,

We can have few things similar that will looks like some features from pwi interface. :mellow:

We can use or code some software that will have the same effect like if we change hotkeys. AutoIT maybe can do it? The possibilitie to changes some hotkey can be useful. :wink:

We can code a software that will have the same effect like the auto path, idk how but i'm sure it's possible! :eek:tt1:

What do you think about this? :mellow:

you mean ?

i think it only macro boting :blink: correct me if iam wrong :blink:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
AutoIT can be used for key mapping too and could help us to make something similar to the changing hotkey (F1) on pwi client version.

It can be used too for french ppl that want to change (english)WASD -> (french)ZQSD (about for player movement).

Or maybe someone can share wich line to hex edit for changing these defaults movement key inside the elementclient.exe?

And like 343 said, autopath is client side at 100%...

Last edited:
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For the autopathing thingy, there are some files insode the PCK's named Automove. One of them is the window that opens up when autopathing is doing its job. I just had no time to check all those files. A friend of mine opened all PCK files and searched for them and gave me a pack with files. See attachment...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For the autopathing thingy, there are some files insode the PCK's named Automove. One of them is the window that opens up when autopathing is doing its job. I just had no time to check all those files. A friend of mine opened all PCK files and searched for them and gave me a pack with files. See attachment...

Thats just the interface skins inside surfaces.pck, Im sure everyone knows about them...

Reaction score
You can write a simple script for autohotkey to change the keys. It shouldn't be too hard to write a program that changes the hot keys kinda like Warkeys for Warcraft 3

I wrote a script a while back that remaps wasd to whatever the move keys are for azerty keyboards. I think I also made it so that when you press enter it toggles the script so you can still use the chatbox.

Something like this should be simple to do for mapping hotkeys.

I would also would like the autopath feature to be implemented if possible.

Here is my wish list :D
1. Bon editor
2. Map editor
3. Autopathing
4. Skill/Class editing
5. idk anymore...

I realise I have to wait for new server files or an emulator for some of these though. :*:

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can write a simple script for autohotkey to change the keys. It shouldn't be too hard to write a program that changes the hot keys kinda like Warkeys for Warcraft 3

I wrote a script a while back that remaps wasd to whatever the move keys are for azerty keyboards. I think I also made it so that when you press enter it toggles the script so you can still use the chatbox.

Something like this should be simple to do for mapping hotkeys.

I would also would like the autopath feature to be implemented if possible.

Here is my wish list :D
1. Bon editor
2. Map editor
3. Autopathing
4. Skill/Class editing
5. idk anymore...

I realise I have to wait for new server files or an emulator for some of these though. :*:

Someone should really get a job at PWE as a server manager and just steal the files off of them :lol:

Or better yet go to china and just take all the sourcecode for the client and server :thumbup1:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score

An emulator will help us greatly.

So we will can use the official pwi client after that.

Like for WoW, Aion...

Reaction score
I thought there was an emulator out there for PW. I vaguely recall some guy on here saying he used an emulator when I asked him to re-iterate that he did because I did not think there was one out there (or at least couldn't find one) :\ [because if I remember right he said he had the new classes -n- everything too]

Reaction score
nice done, can a littlbe bit better!

What is this supposed to mean? What is the purpose to this post?

"nice done" - What is nicely done? Nothing has been done in this thread as of yet. Its a thread where we discuss what we want from PWI and possible ways we can implement it.

"can a littlbe bit better!" - What can be a little bit better? As I said earlier nothing has been done so there is nothing to improve.

Sorry for pulling your post apart but I just don't see the point in it at all.

I thought there was an emulator out there for PW. I vaguely recall some guy on here saying he used an emulator when I asked him to re-iterate that he did because I did not think there was one out there (or at least couldn't find one) :\ [because if I remember right he said he had the new classes -n- everything too]

:O I have never heard of this. I know there is/was pwemu and numerous others have come here looking to make a PW emulator but I wasn't aware that one had been completed. One guy said he would consider making and ESO emulator, I don't think he ever did but I was thinking if it was open source we could use it as a base for a PW emulator.

Incidentally has anyone considered porting over all the Perfect World Content to another PWE game like ESO or JD. I know some of the content is cross compatible but maybe porting over as much content as we can is another way we can get features from a newer engine and server like autopathing.

Anyway I'm going to sleep don't you dare mess up these forums when I'm gone or ill be grouchy in the morning. :<:

---Edit---

:<: I haven't even left yet and there is already spam :<: Now I'm mad :<:

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the code for auto-pathing is inside the elementclient.exe.

all those files are is the interface to press the button to activate it and set parameters.

i kinda doubt the code for it will be in our 1.3.8 exe but we can give it a shot?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i say an emulator would be best cause we will be forever waiting on new server files thats for sure

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the code for auto-pathing is inside the elementclient.exe.

all those files are is the interface to press the button to activate it and set parameters.

i kinda doubt the code for it will be in our 1.3.8 exe but we can give it a shot?

There must be much more than just a code in the exe. Also in tasks.data the text must locate the destination. You remember that you are able to click on an NPC name in questlog to walk there ? This must be a code in tasks.data ( i bet they didnt just make the NPC name to ^00FF00NPCName )
So lets check:
There are files in surface.pck for the autopilot window
There must be code in tasks.data for showing the "program" where to go
There must be a program that moves the char ( maybe in the exe but i think its more a LUA in one of the PCK files )

Anyone successfully decompiled the exe ? I tried to sniff in with PE Decompiler but i had only a test version wich isnt running anymore.

--- Edit: ---

Disassembled elementclient.exe from HNG client.
Here is elementclient.asm and elementclient.dsdb if someone knows what to do with them:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am thinking tasks has nothing to do with it because it could go off of the NPC list in precinct...

also, of course there will be things for it in interfaces / surfaces but none of that would control the actual functionality of it. so, I am almost positive it is purely .exe To an extent we already have auto-pathing (to a very small extent), you can test this theory by clicking on an area in your mini map, it will automatically bring you to where you clicked within it {this is also what "proves" it's purely client side as even when you disconnect you can still do this}. I am thinking actual 'auto-pathing' is a mere modification of this that extends this capability for when you click anywhere on the main map (when you press "M") while holding "ALT". [and in turn "activates" the 'dialog' (surfaces) which allows you to control the height (.exe~via interfaces)] And clicking an NPC/link (in quest dialog) brings you directly to that NPC via precinct as mentioned above ;)

keep in mind I do not know this for a fact, I could be wrong. just my hypothesis :)

edit: ok I retract clicking on mini map and having it move you :\, Now it's not letting me do that; so I am thinking I have somehow confused 'official' for 'private' :\ (that's what I get for playing 'official' while I work on 'private' :\

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im guessing that the auto pathing is supported in the v 1.3.6 clients somehow as 343 mentioned clicking on the mini map and it will move us in that direction where we clicked so maybe if u could find exactly where those actions are called from u could somehow add them to the world map functions im gonna play around with client side stuff a bit also and see what i can come up with

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Oh... Did you still have the script? *o*

I realy need it...

Cuz i play on PWI where we can change hotkey and my private server wich it isn't possible. And it become difficult with movements keys...

I noticed that the private pwfrance server have hexedit their elementclient.exe for it to make ZQSD keys instead of WASD.

But someone can help me to find wich line i should edit for this?

I think it would be more easier that running a background-script...

Oh i think it will help other ppl to modify/hexedit the client for changing hotkey for their client :)

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There must be much more than just a code in the exe. Also in tasks.data the text must locate the destination. You remember that you are able to click on an NPC name in questlog to walk there ? This must be a code in tasks.data ( i bet they didnt just make the NPC name to ^00FF00NPCName )
So lets check:
There are files in surface.pck for the autopilot window
That is only for the interface, just like every other interface in the game
There must be code in tasks.data for showing the "program" where to go
Nada, it can just ask the server where the npc is and grab it from npcgen.data server side
There must be a program that moves the char ( maybe in the exe but i think its more a LUA in one of the PCK files )
Probably similar to how when you click somewhere on the ground and you move, its somewhere in the exe

Anyone successfully decompiled the exe ? I tried to sniff in with PE Decompiler but i had only a test version wich isnt running anymore.

--- Edit: ---

Disassembled elementclient.exe from HNG client.
Here is elementclient.asm and elementclient.dsdb if someone knows what to do with them:
There isn't that much you can do with assembly without driving yourself mad, I mean just look at it...
/comments in red

Back