Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development Section READ ME

Reaction score
What is this crazy new sub-section? You can post progress of things you are developing, or posts work you've done that you do not plan to publicly release. This does not mean spam it with custom re-skins it's more directed at tools or major modifications​

Reaction score
yea, and I LOVE how my stickies became un-sticky =\

like NETWORKING 101 -- and IF PASSWORD doesn't work (in other section ofc)

Now, I cannot find poop -- and so much for googling site:forum.ragezone.com/f452 cuz now its all over the effin place OMG

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Here's a development -- I doubt you're going to go through all 111 pages and "properly" categorize things mr new mod :p

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Having it all on 1 page made checking for new posts alot easier really.
The subsections just get left ignored, but all our threads are there now.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Why can't people just not mess with stuff. I'm like damn, now i have a hard time viewing via mobile device. Thats all I use. Shame on you, mod.

Reactions: 343
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it was put to 1 page for a reason.
the subjects became dead.

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
You can use the search function to find things as a whole, if you still need answers it indexes everything.

The sub-sections were added and the section is under cleanup because it was getting out of hand. It increased in activity which made the section extremely messy and was reciving complaints but not only I but other mods. As far as threads being un-stuck; if a user has an issue they can use the search function, if they yield no results the worst that can happen is they ask, and someone answers. That won't happen of course if they search correctly. I left the important stickies in tact and the help ones, and useless ones (Rant about files not working so stop asking) were removed as they can be found via the search function.

In addition, I have went through 80% of the threads and moved them to the correct section, this helps newcomers who need files as well as gives guidelines for the regular members to post their files so everything keeps nice and clean, it's a change a big one. It will probably take some getting used to, but with time you will see it was one for the better.

Thanks,
DawsonByrd

Edit: I do hope to find you guys a suitable long time mod who is very knowledgeable in the section, I'll be passing names to the higher ups on who seems logical and they will look into it further. I am only here for the clean up and temporary moderation as there were no mods here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yea, because god only knows the search feature of this forum is flawless o_O

Sorry but I found google searching MUCH more efficient, and now we don't have ONE forum to search but FOUR...

Oh I'm sure it will get even better because it's not as if we didn't have n00bs before that were like "omg how do I get the password to work, it's broke -- something wrong" -- because ppl didn't search before -- what makes you think people are going to search all THIS mess...

edit: I can understand trying to 'clean up' -- but I don't think this is quite the right way!

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

it was put to 1 page for a reason.
the subjects became dead.

The sad truth -- QQ --

Why can't people just not mess with stuff. I'm like damn, now i have a hard time viewing via mobile device. Thats all I use. Shame on you, mod.

I feel your pain, as long as it stays like THIS I would not even ATTEMPT to view this from my phone like I used to =\ =(

Last edited:
PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Ya know what mr mod? We will always have noobs. We always will have noobs that dont search. You search 1 forum. Now U gotta search 4? Wtf? Hows that help noobs? The noobs shouldnt be on here, because as 343 says we dont wipe each others asses here. Now, this isnt mobile friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
ya know, before when they were 'offering up' a mod position in this section I didn't even want it because I personally didn't feel I was "around enough"... Well I do realize one thing -- albeit there are periods of time where "real life" do prohibit me from coming on for up to a whole week, but I realize something, I freaking live here and I have been for the past 2 years...

At this point I would consider taking a 'job' as 'moderator' here to clean this place up -- and yet leave it 'friendly' to the way we've all known it to be since "forever"...

What does everyone think about me "running for presid... I mean... running for mod" ???

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just continue posting in the normal bit.

Its a shame about all our precious threads that were mercilessly transported into this hell hole of a catagory system though. RIP.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Just continue posting in the normal bit.

Its a shame about all our precious threads that were mercilessly transported into this hell hole of a catagory system though. RIP.

yeah lol, or we move...whos gonna start making a new forum JIC? :p

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think I'll be more often on risingmoon forum now... :/:

Reaction score
You can use the search function to find things as a whole, if you still need answers it indexes everything.

The sub-sections were added and the section is under cleanup because it was getting out of hand. It increased in activity which made the section extremely messy and was reciving complaints but not only I but other mods. As far as threads being un-stuck; if a user has an issue they can use the search function, if they yield no results the worst that can happen is they ask, and someone answers. That won't happen of course if they search correctly. I left the important stickies in tact and the help ones, and useless ones (Rant about files not working so stop asking) were removed as they can be found via the search function.

In addition, I have went through 80% of the threads and moved them to the correct section, this helps newcomers who need files as well as gives guidelines for the regular members to post their files so everything keeps nice and clean, it's a change a big one. It will probably take some getting used to, but with time you will see it was one for the better.

Thanks,
DawsonByrd

Edit: I do hope to find you guys a suitable long time mod who is very knowledgeable in the section, I'll be passing names to the higher ups on who seems logical and they will look into it further. I am only here for the clean up and temporary moderation as there were no mods here.

The stickies are a problem. A lot were there for a reason. Also you left an ancient sticky thats not even valid anymore while removing stickies about commonly asked questions. The people of this section will rage it those questions get asked again, hence the stickies.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Don't mind the new layout(really don't like it tho) but u say u and other mods simple question how many other mods actually look over perfect world section/sections? none

Reaction score
Ya know what mr mod? We will always have noobs. We always will have noobs that dont search. You search 1 forum. Now U gotta search 4? Wtf? Hows that help noobs? The noobs shouldnt be on here, because as 343 says we dont wipe each others asses here. Now, this isnt mobile friendly.

Even noobs should know that if you search the main section it searches sub sections. So you only do have one section to Search. Plus if you're not using the search function and you're just looking for releases it's all bunched together. And as far as mobile goes, I hate to be a penis as I've went at this very nicely taking into consideration all of your guy's replies but get a god damn smart phone if you can't browse the site well on your old blackberry.

I will be re-evaluating what should be stuck, give me your opinions on stickies people and once it's decided This thread will be cleaned up / closed.

Back