Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guild Icon Plugin

Reaction score
I started messing around with this finally (due to the convo going in the other thread), and I must say -- I'm not too big of a fan so far. It seems to require .GIF ~~ which is horrible since you can't save alpha layers to GIFs (should be BMPs)...

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It needs to rewrite the plugin to support BMPs logos. Because standard formats on the web are JPG, PNG, GIF not BMP

Reaction score
@crxfreak: are you using my release?

If you are, I just noticed something. Having the two tomcats separated (for security) basically renders the GuildIcon plugin useless (aside the fact that it only accepts .GIF)...

There is a simple walk around for this though. What's happening is, when a 'player' submits it, the files go into /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/webapps/Account/Services/GuildIcon/icons and when you're logged into pwAdmin it's looking in /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/GuildIcon/icons (hence why when you 'download' it, it's empty)

The simple walkaround would be to manually copy them from the "account services" directory into the "pwAdmin" one

OR

you could make this and put this in /etc/cron.pw
guildicon.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cp /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/webapps/Account/Services/GuildIcon/icons/* /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/GuildIcon/icons
then just remember to add this to your crontab and it will update once a day @ midnight ;) :)
Code:
00 0 * * * root /etc/cron.pw/guildicon.sh

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score

If you are, I just noticed something. Having the two tomcats separated (for security) basically renders the GuildIcon plugin useless (aside the fact that it only accepts .GIF)...

There is a simple walk around for this though. What's happening is, when a 'player' submits it, the files go into /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/webapps/Account/Services/GuildIcon/icons and when you're logged into pwAdmin it's looking in /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/GuildIcon/icons (hence why when you 'download' it, it's empty)

The simple walkaround would be to manually copy them from the "account services" directory into the "pwAdmin" one

OR

guildicon.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cp /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/webapps/Account/Services/GuildIcon/icons/* /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/GuildIcon/icons
then just remember to add this to your crontab and it will update once a day @ midnight ;) :)
Code:

In your next release (since you said you want to do routine updates) you could have the path it looks be (assuming directory it is currently set to is original icons directory) ./../../../../../../webapps/Account/Services/GuildIcon/icons

instead of what it is now and if you really wanted to you could

Reaction score
In your next release (since you said you want to do routine updates) you could have the path it looks be (assuming directory it is currently set to is original icons directory) ./../../../../../../webapps/Account/Services/GuildIcon/icons

instead of what it is now and if you really wanted to you could

Yes, this will surely be fixed in my next 'update'. Yes I could do it that way if I was going to place the .sh in the one icon dir. Which I don't really plan on doing, in an attempt to stay more organized I leave all my cron .sh's in /etc/cron.pw (in my release). You could do it that way manually as well, which is what I did when I was testing it out :)

RaGEaholic
Reaction score

OR

guildicon.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

Code:

Yes actually I am using your release, don't know who wouldn't be tbh. Anywho thanks for the info and suggestions will have to try it out.

Back