Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World's free and open Emulator

Reaction score
it they will get shutdown once they make it official (that is why Aion dev.s share the work they did)

sorry for my bad english.

No it won't, it is not illegal to reverse engineer a piece of software to do an identical task to an original in most of the world (the US is a notable exception to that unfortunately but, for some amazing reasoning just about anything that is created in a way that is against US law can be imported into the US so long as it isn't made in the US, I know, retarded isn't it). Either way, the Aion original emu devs released it as open source for obvious reasons, to get other people helping them, if it wasn't released as open source it wouldn't really have gotten anywhere

To be honest though we can all continue to use Wanmei's software as it is due to the fact they think we are negligible from using old versions... (and also probably want to keep people that don't know about private servers in the dark, making a legal fuss about it will probably have it end up in the news and then lots of people will know about it etc...)

Reaction score
But why do not we join to develop an emulator?

1. We have a working server that a lot of people (including myself) enjoy more then the official servers
2. It would takes a few years of effort debugging and testing to even get to a state in which it replicates the server as we have it now, let alone everything the latest official has (and keeping up with them like Aion and the like try to do)
3. I highly doubt there are enough people willing to even try to do number 2, let alone spend years in the process of doing it, hell there are very few people out there that even have that strong of a passion to even run a server publicly and maintain it properly (go ahead and look at most servers out there not that many have more then 100 or so TOTAL active players, very few even have that many online at once)

If you really look around we like our community the way it is, and also seeing as this is the only forum I could find after over a week of searching that even related to getting a server running (pw-emu was no help at all and it kept coming up everywhere, was sheer luck I even found this site...) it just keeps proving that while it may be nice to have some feature from official (genies maybe I do kind of like them) there isn't a strong enough desire for any real reverse engineering to happen any time soon...

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
but, we can try?
It is easier said than done...

But if we want to start something the better is to know by what we will start.

What do we need (tools, etc...)? What program language we will use? (better to use a cross-platform). Etc...
-------------------------------------------------------

Btw, some remembers about THEPW.ru before the full wipe of their site? When I looked better on the screen I found something realy... Interesting...

Fiendlord near ADC west outskirt? How?
marcoaurelio - Perfect World's free and open Emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

As far I have seen on the screenshots, nobody else on the server...

How they did that? I think their case being more interesting now...

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is easier said than done...

But if we want to start something the better is to know by what we will start.

What do we need (tools, etc...)? What program language we will use? (better to use a cross-platform). Etc...
-------------------------------------------------------

Btw, some remembers about THEPW.ru before the full wipe of their site? When I looked better on the screen I found something realy... Interesting...

Fiendlord near ADC west outskirt? How?

As far I have seen on the screenshots, nobody else on the server...

How they did that? I think their case being more interesting now...

I'm just going to go with what I have said before... they more then likely figured out how to get movement in the tideborn area before we did and probably did something similar to how you managed to be able to login with a tideborn sin character model (and changed some skill gfx to have that buff on them)

And the second picture was probably done similarly to be able to see the tideborn model OR it was taken on official (which is possible since they can just turn distances down to 0 and not see any other players esp since they are hiding the minimap)

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
I'm just going to go with what I have said before... they more then likely figured out how to get movement in the tideborn area before we did and probably did something similar to how you managed to be able to login with a tideborn sin character model (and changed some skill gfx to have that buff on them))

No, i'm sure about what I see on this screenshot. It's not faked. It's a real tideborn assassin with his own attack and his own buff and attacking a Fiendlord at archo west outskirt!

I dunno how they did that. Sure they can fake the model itself like I did and better than I did. But it will never looks so real like on this screenshot.

Reaction score
No, i'm sure about what I see on this screenshot. It's not faked. It's a real tideborn assassin with his own attack and his own buff and attacking a Fiendlord at archo west outskirt!

I dunno how they did that. Sure they can fake the model itself like I did and better than I did. But it will never looks so real like on this screenshot.

It's also possible they changed the model for a certain monster in the area to that (like the reaver mob in that area since its a unique one) seeing as you can't see the name either... and the GM tag is very easy to fake in any image editor so I really don't believe it

Just Eistiger.
Reaction score
Guys that is fake.
Or lets say: its not the "EMULATOR".

What they did is just making the exe working so u can play with tideborn (skin and attack)
I did that with the tideborn mermaids and the buffs and attack effects where like official too but not the stat effect.

Like we see: Tideborn Area... Possible
Tideborn Character: possible too with xml edit
Tideborn Character skin: Its not written in our exe (skin) so its 1.4.2 exe Feature (like im doing with world2)

Genies: Pet Skin *rofl to Romulan* (or its working with the exe too im not sure)

Weapons: Easy. First its tideborn char so they working. And if they still use 1.3.6 exe its just bon editing.

Chat things like they showed in the Video (World Trade etc): Exe

I talked allready abou that here:

Most things (or all) u see are just exe.
Do u see any serverside things? Like... Skills? DEF LV? Stealth?
And the GM Console is still the old 1 too.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah but even if its only a cracked 1.4.2 .exe ..... I wouldn`t mind haveing one of those cracked .exe hehe

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
Since I play on Pwi, I love the genies cuz they have some very useful skills :mellow:

Reaction score
I understand, I just hate em because I haven't taught mine anything; and I haven't done that because I never remember he's actually there :lol:
(I think I'm more used to working on the private server now than I am playing :\)

and PvP sucks when the person you're fighting sure uses theirs, and you either don't have one or don't use it :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Although I do hear "Zeal"s are good for solo luring ...(although that too, I would not know from personal experience)

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a packet re-injector through a modified version of PwProxy.
I already re-implemented the MPPC algorithm and I can now pack data and send them to the client or the server.
It could be a first step to an OnLive converter between old glinkd and new Client, to study packet structure, or re-implement glinkd to work with new Client (and maybe, in the future create an emu)
It can also be used to study server security by injecting some specific packets.

I'll release those tools when they'll be finished and try to explain how all of this works. :)

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
I'm currently working on a packet re-injector through a modified version of PwProxy.
I already re-implemented the MPPC algorithm and I can now pack data and send them to the client or the server.
It could be a first step to an OnLive converter between old glinkd and new Client, to study packet structure, or re-implement glinkd to work with new Client (and maybe, in the future create an emu)
It can also be used to study server security by injecting some specific packets.

I'll release those tools when they'll be finished and try to explain how all of this works. :)
Realy glad to see this kind of post, +10 to you. Keep the great work! :thumbup1:

I'm sure Ronny will help you when we will finish his new PWD patch :mellow: Btw, no news from him? :blink:

Back