Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PvP Kill Count

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Well guys, this is what I think about it. I know someone will misquote this and use it against me sometime in the future, but hey, who cares.

I used to be the bad guy of a server, and it isn't fun. Granted, I didn't steal stuff. I do not agree with him stealing the things that others made, and I do not agree with Adriana not removing the stolen content. But, shouldn't we give them a second chance? They aren't stealing stuff anymore (from what i've heard) so why keep up the hate? Why wont you forgive? You don't have to forget, but you should TRY to forgive. Forgive and don't forget.

Also something I noticed you all are worried about is his money? Insults, in the developer community, I've found is calling someone a money-hungry dev? Whats wrong with wanting money? All wants money... Making money off stolen content isn't okay though, granted. I will admit, I want money from my server I am making. In reality, every server owner wants money. Who doesn't? If you don't, have a doctor check you out.

So guys, I think we should give this Pavel guy a second chance. Whenever he releases something, you guys TRY to make it fail it seems.

Btw - I never met Pavel. So I am not one of his drones or w/e.

Just my 2cents.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The money that is being made is no concern of mine. What is going on behind the scenes raises some eyebrows ,however, I won't go into that right now. It has been said at one point, though, that private servers shouldn't aim at profit. It isn't a business. If that's what you prefer then so be it. But at least do honest business. I don't hold anything against anyone on a personal level though. I don't know anyone here personally. It's just things I see from a "professional" standpoint that bother me. Forgiveness? I can do that. But if you ask me, nothing has been "stolen" lately because I'm sure they (Adriana and her affiliates) have just about every bit of content available or that they are able to obtain. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again. It is always possible that I am wrong, however, and if that is the case I will be more than happy to embrace it.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not everybody wants money, when you introduce money into your work it will no longer become fun. He who makes the game should play the game the most, otherwise you will never see the impact of your work on your server which can help you to strive to make even better updates.

Also legally, taking money from an illegal server is alot worse than just running one for a few players. You could even find the money reclaimed by pwe.

deva is not-for-profit. In reality that just means we love buying stupidly powerful servers and opening new games and never have any change left unspent, but its more fun this way.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
I see...Well yeah, but PWE will shut you down no matter what you do with your money if you make them mad I thought...

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i remember PW multilanguage saying on their forums they had "declared war on illegal private servers", 4 months later they shut down.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The money that is being made is no concern of mine. What is going on behind the scenes raises some eyebrows ,however, I won't go into that right now. It has been said at one point, though, that private servers shouldn't aim at profit. It isn't a business. If that's what you prefer then so be it. But at least do honest business. I don't hold anything against anyone on a personal level though. I don't know anyone here personally. It's just things I see from a "professional" standpoint that bother me. Forgiveness? I can do that. But if you ask me, nothing has been "stolen" lately because I'm sure they (Adriana and her affiliates) have just about every bit of content available or that they are able to obtain. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again. It is always possible that I am wrong, however, and if that is the case I will be more than happy to embrace it.

Word to word what i think :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Hate thoose "admins" who joined dev only for makin the money... Just some sort of morons, makin bussiness from a game:thumbdown:

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
So did pavel own blood dragon or blue dragon? You guys always go bdpw, lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dragon Network. It was comprised of both servers, Blood being the PK server and Blue being the PVE server.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Oh thanks. They sound like...assholes simply put lol...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Word to word what i think :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Hate thoose "admins" who joined dev only for makin the money... Just some sort of morons, makin bussiness from a game:thumbdown:

People want's something for free just when they can't afford it. If you have money, and you want to sped them to something you like, you will spend them. And if you don't, you will ask it for free just because you want it.
I think, that it is the crime, when you selling something, that you can't get the game way && it give you advantage over other players.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
People want's something for free just when they can't afford it. If you have money, and you want to sped them to something you like, you will spend them. And if you don't, you will ask it for free just because you want it.
I think, that it is the crime, when you selling something, that you can't get the game way && it give you advantage over other players.

Вопрос не в том, что может игрок покупать игровые ценности или нет, а в том, для чего именно ты как АДМИН занимаешься своим сервером. Ради реализации творческого потенциала или ради денег?
Кстати последнее время таких уебков становится все больше и больше. В рагзоне такими считают драгон нетворк.. тех, кто занимается сервером чисто ради прибыли.
А еще появились личности, делающие деньги на чужих разработках... скажем Геката, которая продает фикс панели с 6х8 => 9х12 от макса. Да много таких, всех и не упомнишь.
Поколение пангу, мать их, барыги:thumbdown:

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Very true, but there is 1 exception to this rule i think.
There are some things in perfect world you simply cannot get in game (same sex marriage, gender changes etc etc anything that needs iweb and done manually. To have this available for everybody would leave it 1)abused over and over adn 2) you rushed off your feet 24/7 editing peoples characers. This is the only thing you should have on donation lists really, possibly along with guild icons (good to make them as ingame reward also).

Dont make people pay for gear stats they can't get ingame. If you're gunna put any equiptment on your donation list then make it only have a better skin to the normal one you can get ingame.

Really annoys me to see servers with all these "S-VIP" and "VIP" sets that you can only donate for, and some servers even selling GM capes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Барыжить гавном не круто, и требует навыков вылизывания жоп.
+ Это топтание на месте, что то же не есть круто.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

sex marriage
It's possible. It's in tasks.data.

gender changes
Posible. You can make web change.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
iv never seen anybody manage same sex marriage in tasks.data. I did try it myself, but correct me if im wrong.
As far as i can tell theres a flag in tasks.data which runs a check in the game core to see if they are both male or both female. If you simply change the quests gender requirement it still doesnt show up.

And the gender change is different for each class and has multiple fields and bits of hex you would need to replace, would be quite complex to make a javascript page for it, and i dont want to give any public access to my tomcat tbh, a lil risky.

Maybe somebody will manage them, who knows.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Pretty off-topic topic :p

Only way Ive seen gay Marriages work is via Injection using Java Classes which is a waste of time and can flop your Java Service if used excessively so it aint recommended unless you put delays on the requests.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pretty off-topic topic :p

Only way Ive seen gay Marriages work is via Injection using Java Classes which is a waste of time and can flop your Java Service if used excessively so it aint recommended unless you put delays on the requests.

Yeah I know, but I've read about what happened to you and the others around here and it pisses me off because I know you guys put a pretty decent amount of effort into development. For someone else to come in, make threats and attacks, and steal your stuff just doesn't sit well with me. And although I put it in one of my posts*, I personally don't think completely reworking the system to accommodate gay marriage is worth the time.

*Redoing that particular post at the moment, and working on a little something else. Feel a little useless right now haha.

Last edited:
Back