Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Item Hex Generator

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It No Likey Vista?

Eh, this doesnt seem to work for me. Im gonna chalk that up to me using Vista which I cant do anything about. Anyway the problem Im having is that I cant load elements.dat because no prompt window opens when I click Load. In fact no prompts open for anything except the updater part. Im running it as administrator. Anything else I can do to try to make this work?

Correction/update:
I unzipped the VUF10 file and with that version of the program it opens a prompt to load a file. However it doesnt let me load elements.data. Maybe Im just understanding the use of this program poorly?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: It No Likey Vista?

VUF10.zip (Version Update File 10) is a file that will delete itself as soon as it unpacks itself if you didn't have the PWHexGen.exe running.

Quote from the main post about elements.data
*This DOES NOT have the ability to read from the elements.data, everything must be put in by hand.

Also, the load is for loading .nhx, which is a file type I'm still developing. I did put a beta version for saving/reading the weapon data. Not for armor yet, though. I'll push out an update with a save/load for armor tomorrow.

Hopefully, if I get some free time, I'll put the accessory generator out. Then I might make the generator read from elements.data, but only then. If you have anymore problems, I'll try to help.

EDIT 2/6/2011: I've been rewriting the program from scratch to clean up all of the old/unused code. It has a new interface and uses an access database to pull the bonus values and socket stone info from. As well as being easy to make a translation for.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could you add stats like:

Distract: Has a chance to decrease opponent's magic defence.

Unrelenting: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack
at the cost of reducing physical defence.

Seal: Has a chance to make the target unable to attack for 5 seconds.

Regeneration: Has a chance to recover 5% HP

Wisen: Has a chance to increase character's magic defence.

Blood Vengeance: Has a higher chance to recover 5% of your HP.
Increases your physical attack.

Apologies for the n00b question:

but once you saved your creations- how could you implement that into your server? via the pwadmin? or somwhow via sELedit?

Last edited:
PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Hey
In the new version, make the movment speed add on work. The one currently doesnt work for heaven knows why...
Example: i create a armor with +5 mps, equip it and no change xD

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
Cuz the maximal speed is 4.8m/s for the whole stuff of your char xD you can't get upper that limit anyway :mellow:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the new version, make the movment speed add on work. The one currently doesnt work for heaven knows why...
Example: i create a armor with +5 mps, equip it and no change xD

Like Romulan said, the speed maximizes at 4.8m/s. Everything has a limit; and this program may be able to generate the values, but that doesn't mean that the game's logic will allow you to go beyond the set limitations. Another example, is attack speed. You can set it for 10 and it'll display 10, but when you go to attack it'll attack at 0.43atk/s or some low, very slow, number like that.

but once you saved your creations- how could you implement that into your server? via the pwadmin? or somwhow via sELedit?

That save file is just a way to store the data before I actually create a hex disassembler. Use pwadmin to either use the sendmail addon or edit the data directly with the character editor.

As for the weapon addons you mentioned, read the note below.

------
A quick note: While rewriting the program I got caught up in a job that I'm still finishing up. Once I finish the job, I'll get to finishing the new program right away. It's also going open source, for anyone that really cares.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to the new program as it's the only editor of its kind I've come across.

I've been successful changing A current item's hex and replacing it with the generated hex.

So say I wanted the Item to be implemented so that players could create it from a forge- Is there any easy way using that hex data? or am I obliged to (Using SELedit) put it into elements.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sadly, you can't use the generated hex data in conjunction with sELedit. The hex gen is only good if you want custom items for GMs, or special events and you trade the items to a player, or if you have a special system where users can send themselves items from outside of the game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can use in Windows XP ???

if can't use...

how make it use in Windows XP >.< ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The program should run in Windows XP as long as .NET 2.0 is installed.

--- In other news...
I finally finished some of the hectic work that's been keeping me from progressing on this program. Sadly though, I'm leaving for vacation in a day.

To keep spirits high (or something) and to see what exactly I've done...here, I have some screen shots.

Goodlookinguy - Item Hex Generator - RaGEZONE Forums

Goodlookinguy - Item Hex Generator - RaGEZONE Forums

When I come back from vacation I'm going to refactor the code and stick it on Google Code. Anyone wanting to help add to or modify the program from that point on, contact me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
not come virus ? i download one here , come virus :/

What on Earth are you trying to say? Are you accusing my program of having a virus?

My code and VirusTotal disagree:
Oh, and here Updater.exe, which also has nothing:

Next time, don't accuse without proof.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is possible to change the TYPE of an item (weapon) from something to seomething else.... I wouild like to change the type of Swords, axes, daggers to Magic equipment (magic sword, wand, pataka) so that my wizard/venomancer can still use magic while wileding those...

Reaction score
I believe it is possible though I can remember the specifics. I once turned a Butterfly (magic warsoul weapon) into a ranged weapon that fired arrows, I don't think it actually required them though.

Ill look into it tomorrow

---edit---

Cant be done the data isn't in the hex for that. You can add ammo to a weapon though which I think is what I did.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could you add "attack range +xx" on the weapons side and also if im not mistaken is there any "Stun" on the bonuses?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
good thing... but if you can add there something to change aerogear speed ^^

Back