Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well Well, Ive followed intructions from beginning till end and have gotten server to run.
My problem is that I cant log in to the world. Im able to log in to my account and create character but when I try to enter world i get a "LINK - Failed to log in game server" which is automatically followed by another dialog, "Link had been disconnected with server, please log out"

I tried reinstalling the VMWare image just in case I had changed something i should had not and still no success in entering world.
Only modifications made to server are those mentioned in this thread (eth0, server update, change IP in gamesys.conf, HP/MP bug, and battlefield=1).
Any help would really be appreciated ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i had that problem i replaced elements.data and gshop.data in my server and it works again:)

beasty hows iweb haha?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AMD Turion 64 X2 @ 1.6Ghz
1024Gb Ram
1Tb HDD

Not sure if this is of any help but im able to log in to (or used to before "downgrading to use home server) to MY-PW original servers

Edit: @ insane007: Did you replace them with those included in beastie's pack (those inside the data.rar)?
Edit2: Ahh forgot to say that image and game are not running on one same computer. Image runs of laptop (whose specs are those above) and game runs from a desktop(which is able to play on My-PW servers).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
beasty hows iweb haha?

driving me bonkers, lol :scared:

what Ive found out is that we need 2 versions of Java installed, 1.6 for the game (required by Authd) and 1.5 for jakarta (solves the error 500 when trying to get the xml)

basically u need to do the command

apt-get sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-plugin

and then point authd to it by editing the authd file, the following is my servers (NOT THE IMAGE)

Code:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.0.07/jre/bin/java -cp /PWServer/authd/lib/jio.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/application.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/commons-collections-3.1.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/commons-pool-1.2.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:/PWServer/authd/lib/log4j-1.2.9.jar:.:$CLASSPATH authd /etc/table.xml

then pointing .profile in /root/ to the 1.5 version like this (again this is my servers file not the image)

Code:
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="root"

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/lib/mysql/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="ROOT"

export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH
export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05/lib/dt.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar:/usr/java/msSQLjdbc/lib/$
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
AMD Turion 64 X2 @ 1.6Ghz
1024Gb Ram
1Tb HDD

Not sure if this is of any help but im able to log in to (or used to before "downgrading to use home server) to MY-PW original servers

Edit: @ insane007: Did you replace them with those included in beastie's pack (those inside the data.rar)?
Edit2: Ahh forgot to say that image and game are not running on one same computer. Image runs of laptop (whose specs are those above) and game runs from a desktop(which is able to play on My-PW servers).

have you edited the amount of ram allocated to the vmware image? and are you trying to run a full server?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think 512mb is a bit low tbh as vmware is a memory hungry beast, have you tried sofags (totoman) release? his is colinux based so doesn't need as much memory? :/:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since I already had VMWared installed I tried your release first, and yeah VMWare tends to be memory hogging. Guess I'll try sofags release. Anyways thanks for responding, and good luck on getting iweb working on the image :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
buy 2 Gb ram more its 8 euro / dolar:p

and beasty goodluck:p
i wish i could help but i know nothig about pwserver and his files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
VMWare is the republican version of the emulators; not too smart, inefficient, takes up all your RESOURCES and never gives any back, oh and screws your country ...i mean computer till it runs its self into debt where it is cheaper to just die.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol, unfortunately colinux is unavailable for us with 64bit OS's such as Vista x64 hence why this was release came to be :lol:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi beastie, :):

Can you post a link for download your server files? Because i don't like VMware so much... and i would like directly the server files.. not the image for vmware x.X THX :):

I like VMware for one only thing... to test a ISO image when it's freshly burned on a CD/DVD =)

Romulan.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im actually sorting them so that they can be upped in full... Watch this space..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

If I understand it is to launch its PerfectWorld
on windows?:?::?:

sorry to write I am not English:eek:tt1:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@zephiroth7
Mmmh, yes..... VMware is soft can run a virtual machine on your currently OS...
In this case, beastie have do a virtual linux Ubuntu Server 8.04 and he put the PW Server Files on this virtual machine... so... you can have linux on your windows without to be forced to install a fully new OS on your computer...
Because the Perfect Server files can be run ONLY on a linux files system.

@beastie
I have tyied the new repack server files of Sofag... and... it's very more buged O.O" I never see too much erros on any other older server files... I'm very affraid x.X

So... if you have the time to upload your server files... it's probably better than totoman's files =/ i hope... thx...

regards, Romulan.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Little problem with your bash_profile you have gived to me few days ago...

The Screenshot:
screenshot.PNG - Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^ - RaGEZONE Forums

The Code:
Code:
 # .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_12/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="root"

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/lib/mysql/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="ROOT"

export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH
export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_12/lib/dt.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_12/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_12/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar:/usr/java/msSQLjdbc/lib/msbase.jar:/usr/java/msSQLjdbc/lib/mssqlserver.jar:/usr/java/msSQLjdbc/lib/msutil.jar
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_12

Have you a fix Oh Great beastie ? :eek:tt1:

Romulan.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
mmmmh... i have tyied a solution from the official ubuntu forum and i get an other error:

Screenshot:
jakarta-error.PNG - Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^ - RaGEZONE Forums

Normaly jakarta will be okay after that fours lines but... when i go to

Firefox can't get connect to jakarta server :(:

How can i get it work ?

thx for any help about that problem...

Romulan.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back