Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Model Viewer

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi guys.

While i was building a PerfectWorld to LastChaos model converter i also made a model viewer that can open both .ski and .bm files.
The main purpose was actually to make a LC modelviewer but it seems to work better with PW models.

Wizatek - [Release] Model Viewer - RaGEZONE Forums

It can be assigned as default program for .ski files.
But u can also just drag the .ski file on there.
It will search for the texture thats mentioned inside the file in the folder textures thats in the same folder the .ski is in

I don't know if there is something like it already as i am not following this forum at all. But for those who want to use it, have fun ;)

U can use the arrow keys, aswell as WASD & IJKL to rotate and such

p.s. some ski files do give a error, but lets say 90% will work just fine

UPDATE 0.3 version!
Fixed the strange rotation and it will also no longer complain
if it can't find a dds file

UPDATE 0.2 version!

Fixed a few issues.
The textures don't have to be in the folder textures but can be any subdirectory.
Not all models liked to get optimized, the ones who didn't caused a error before
No more half transparent models, they all display nicely.
Still some issues with the texture mapping when there is more then 1 mesh sadly.
I added the directx.dll files so u don't need to have the directx sdk installed anymore.

It will now show the models that didn't want to work before

Last edited:
PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Re: Model Viewer

WOW if it works, ill love you.

Last edited:
[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Model Viewer

Nice Job Jeroen, pass me source on msn next time im on please or release here I will code the act controls as well so you can view animations, nice job.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
wow awsome.. that opens a lot of possibilities..
do you think it may be possible to use it for facedata ski files?
im thinking of a signature generator which includes a preview of the character's face (provided that the scalings from customdata is applied correctly)

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Wow dude, that is awesome!

Thanks heaps for sharing :)))))

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I just downloaded it, and well, I'm blown away! Honestly this will make everything so much easier and it even reads chinese file names!

Thankyou!

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Allright, here is the source.
Don't complain about the crappy code.. it works.. :p

That's actually fairly impressive and totally blew me away that you wrote it in C# using the ancient Managed Extensions for DirectX.

I'm rather glad you did release the source as it saves me from having to figure out the SKI structures which will be useful for something I've been wanting to do...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hehe well c# is the only thing i know.
C++ is to difficult for me while C# is just easy :p

I still don't understand why microsoft decided to stop offering managed directx since the few alternatives just don't work that well, and DirectX is just fun to work with although it has been a pain in the butt until i had it working "properly" Luckily VS2008 still supports managed directx :D

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hehe well c# is the only thing i know.
C++ is to difficult for me while C# is just easy :p

I still don't understand why microsoft decided to stop offering managed directx since the few alternatives just don't work that well, and DirectX is just fun to work with although it has been a pain in the butt until i had it working "properly" Luckily VS2008 still supports managed directx :D

VS2010 does as well with some trickery, but I've been using SlimDX recently as it's an excellent alternative to XNA and Managed DirectX. The API is incredibly similar to the C++ API (you can translate C++ DirectX API calls into C# SlimDX incredibly easily) and it sorta seems like Managed DirectX as well (even though I never used it)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is Zhu Xian 2 Model Viewer tool can only work in Zhu Xian 2 but also unstable, as if someone can translate the code would be great. Who let him in to work in a perfect world client? Sorry for my bad English since Google Translate:thumbup:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Yes, open the .SKI of any model -- as he said some wont work, but around 90% should (and do)...

ex here is "坐骑老虎.ski":

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
amazing! good work. But unluckily doesn't work for me.
Anybody tried Windows 7 64-Bit Edition?

Back