Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SKI Blender Importer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
to edit .ski files you follow directions here or on that pdf file that comes with the import export scripts somewhere on this thread and import the .ski of whatever armor, weapon, mount, etc you'd like to edit using the PW import and export scripts, and edit and then export...

Shy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys Ive just started model editing n ive run into a couple of bumps....ive downloaded the exact version of blender tool and python specified in the pdf

1:While trying to load hair files fr eg. winter cut and tideborn male hair8. I get an error saying : .list index out of range

2:While trying to save any changes on weapons even if i just move a single vertex out of place.I get multiple errors saying:

No vertex weights found in vColours or vGroups

Vertex weights were out of range and got addapted; Check console,and check your export!

73 vertices assigned to LESS than 4 groups! (marked green{0.5}in AssignERRORs)

Is there any way to over come these????

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello Phantom*

thank you for writing this SKI Blender Importer.
And thank you as well for putting it under an MIT license, so I was able to continue developing it.
It now has lot more abilities, and - I wrote an Exporter as well.

Just wanted to share it here at ragezone because I've seen the people are interested in it, and some asked for an export, so now here comes one.
Together with a documentation as PDF, so no need to put instructions here - just read the attached document.

Hope you feel okay with putting this in your thread. :blush:

regards,
pvpseeker

Awesome! Gotta love open source :D Take notice developers.

Reaction score
blender is verry hard to use ...

This is a very good resource for learning blender. It uses the old 2.49 interface though so if you have 2.5 Alpha you might get lost.

Also you might like to watch some YouTube video tutorials to help you get started.

Blender is one of the most well documented programs I have seen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys Ive just started model editing n ive run into a couple of bumps....ive downloaded the exact version of blender tool and python specified in the pdf

1:While trying to load hair files fr eg. winter cut and tideborn male hair8. I get an error saying : .list index out of range

2:While trying to save any changes on weapons even if i just move a single vertex out of place.I get multiple errors saying:

Vertex weights were out of range and got addapted; Check console,and check your export!

Thanks in advance guys

Am also getting similar errors is there any solution??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am having Blender issues mates. Apparently, the scripts are calling for modules named "struct" which don't exist, at least as far as Blender is concerned. I have FULL Python installed and *Linked* with Blender, and it is not working. WHhat is the purpose of calling the 'struct' module? I tried renaming it to "structure" but it seems Blender doesn't like that word any better.

Can someone help? This is my brink. If I can get past this hurdle, I can leave you all be in peace.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am having Blender issues mates. Apparently, the scripts are calling for modules named "struct" which don't exist, at least as far as Blender is concerned. I have FULL Python installed and *Linked* with Blender, and it is not working. WHhat is the purpose of calling the 'struct' module? I tried renaming it to "structure" but it seems Blender doesn't like that word any better.

Can someone help? This is my brink. If I can get past this hurdle, I can leave you all be in peace.

The blender imported works perfectly fine for me...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's not what i'm saying. if it works for you, then tell us what version you are using and "why" it doesn't call for a "struct" variable.

be a little helpful, please.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
that's not what i'm saying. if it works for you, then tell us what version you are using and "why" it doesn't call for a "struct" variable.

be a little helpful, please.

struct isnt a variable...
Im using the same python code all the way from 2008 in the OP

The only thing that could possibly break it would be the fact Im using python 2.6 and the latest is 2.7 and 3.something

I remember somewhere that blender doesnt like 3.something...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
struct isnt a variable...
Im using the same python code all the way from 2008 in the OP

The only thing that could possibly break it would be the fact Im using python 2.6 and the latest is 2.7 and 3.something

I remember somewhere that blender doesnt like 3.something...

Hi I noticed that the problem with importing .ski files apears only when u try importing head fashion (hair). Is there any fix or new version for the importer? I hope someone still visiting this section.
ther error is:
----
.list index out of range
-----

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SKI Blender Importer

Installation:

1. Download and install Blender 2.46+ from Blender.org
  2. Download and install Python 2.5.x from (Windows Users)
  3. Unzip contents of zip
  4. Copy contents of zip into your Blender scripts directory.
Usage:

1. Click File > Import > Perfect World (*.ski)...
  2. Select *.ski file
  3. Click Ok

Hi

I did this, but no option in Blender for open .ski file.
I have Blender 2.68 win. 64, and installed Phyton 2.75 msi (was no zip file there).
From the folder C://Python27 i have copied everything into
C:\WWW\EXE\blender-2.68a-windows64\2.68\scripts
and it is just not working.
I just want to edit some object files, thats all.
I'm not a programmer, just want to make some clips with the adjusted PWI chars.
I have Win7 64bit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did it! With blender 2.49. Thanx for your patience.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks in advance guys

The same problem, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back