Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

sMAPedit - simple MAP editor

Reaction score
On large images (i.e. World Map ~350 MB) the GDI of .NET Framework has problems to create a graphic object and draw on it. This also happens on smaller images if you switching the path points or segments fast, before the graphics object finished the previous drawing operation...

Currently i don't have a fix for this, when editing files do it slow, this prevents some errors...

---------------------------------------------

Also sMAPedit 0.7a + Map-Pack are available on project page. Now you can set height values by a "color picker" using the shift key and left mouse click..

OK in sMAPedit v0.7b i force a garbage collection update to prevent the pictureBox' image memory leak
hope this works now...

RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
crash fixed - but sMAPedit.exe need 738mb on my sys :(

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

k - only select background world - no crach --- load path.sev / world = crash - same error

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
rony .. I tries changing the folder from the client version of the Indo a26 or MY as possible, but there is lack of same in the picture surfaces.pck .. and that reply makes me confused .. when I try the client crashes, should I change it from a client the other versions .. because a26 is a cave demon .. FB 109 or with the client version if I can activate the folder demon FB 109.?
Thx

RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
plz posted maps :)

Also sMAPedit 0.7a + Map-Pack are available on project page

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

btw. plz read all ...

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Hell FB 109 load default nirvana dungeon - fix by repack litmdodels.pck with other a26 folder in there

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

btw. plz read all ...

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Hell FB 109 load default nirvana dungeon - fix by repack litmdodels.pck with other a26 folder in there
thx .. but I only see files with the type of BMD .. is it true that who you mean ..?:(:

Reaction score
rony .. I tries changing the folder from the client version of the Indo a26 or MY as possible, but there is lack of same in the picture surfaces.pck .. and that reply makes me confused .. when I try the client crashes, should I change it from a client the other versions .. because a26 is a cave demon .. FB 109 or with the client version if I can activate the folder demon FB 109.?
Thx

Client Crash? sMAPedit is only for editing server files, so if your client was running fine it should still run after editing server maps...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Client Crash? sMAPedit is only for editing server files, so if your client was running fine it should still run after editing server maps...

Ronny did not .. I mean I want to clean up existing folders in hell FB .. 109 because the position was that folder is not formed by perfect .. and after several psoting I read I need to change the surface pck or litmodel.pck ..
but when I repack the files back to another small form the original file, and when I test the client crashes .. if you can give some idea how to fix Dungeon 109 FB hell ..?
I may not read the previous psothing reared in such kinds ..
thanks

Reaction score
Ronny did not .. I mean I want to clean up existing folders in hell FB .. 109 because the position was that folder is not formed by perfect .. and after several psoting I read I need to change the surface pck or litmodel.pck ..
but when I repack the files back to another small form the original file, and when I test the client crashes .. if you can give some idea how to fix Dungeon 109 FB hell ..?
I may not read the previous psothing reared in such kinds ..
thanks

http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/dungeons-fb-656024/#post5601274

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

btw. plz read all ...

thanks .... all I have done .. but still appear to other problems .. I can not enter into hell fb **** but in the console I see the map fb 109 has run correctly ..
can help me please

Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you need cultivation 89 :)

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

ohhh sry - i think you need other a26 clientfolder :)

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

search this by google -> site:http://forum.ragezone.com PW fb 109

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need cultivation 89 :)

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

ohhh sry - i think you need other a26 clientfolder :)

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

search this by google -> site:http://forum.ragezone.com PW fb 109

or maybe I was wrong to take his client's version.? but I see on the map surfaces perfectly formed .. within surfaces/ingame/a26 and surfaces/minimap/26 litmodel I also take from the client PWindo ..

Reaction score
damn, this tool so great but ... (fully loaded), starting drain the memory...

don't worry about this, high memory usage is not unusual, cause each tab has a picturebox, each picture box has two uncompressed "layers" with 32 bit/pixel. Working with the same amount of large images in your favorite image editing tool uses up the same memory...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was wondering about use of this tool, Is it possible to open up areas south that you are unable to walk. I know tideborn area heightmaps are in the works but south i found an intresting castle that you cant walk at in a valley in the upcoming area. i was wondering if all these areas could have heightmaps worked into them then be able to go there and move freely?

Reaction score
If your looking for clean background maps (without litmodels, plants,...) try the birdviews of loddata.pck they have resolution up to 1024x1024, much better than the upscaled maps in my map-pack...

Example (loddata/a28/birdviews/1024/day/level-0):
ronny1982 - sMAPedit - simple MAP editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Back