Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Absolute basics in networking (TCP/IP) -- Hosting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if my computer is not use routher how i'm making pc ip???
can yuo reply my post??
i'm sorry if my languange is sobad. . .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, 343 and all,
nice to see you're all still hanging around :)
Great guide indeed! + Like from me
and i vote also for sticky.
One note: in the Ubuntu install (i386, part of your 1.3.6 PWI package) sometimes the Easy Install of VMplayer and even the Not-Easy install are not letting the user manually configure the network. This can (and has) caused big trouble sometimes when their network suddenly is not 10.0.0.51 mask 255.255.0.0. The 64bit Ubuntu version on the other hand - no problem, manual config from the scratch, all OK. Just for info, i know it's off-topic to this post here.
Thank you once again for your great job, 343, and everyone else that has done so much to keep the Private PW servers developments alive.

Reaction score
Also, just to add, I will not be providing individual networking help any longer. Hence why I wrote this long butt write up of the basics. If you have read this and still cannot get whatever it is you're trying to get working, working -- then sorry but you're gonna have to ask google or somebody else <.<

On that note,

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back