Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

addForbid[fix]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Many servers have problems with forbid tables when a gm bans a player it wont display the gm id this procedure will fix that.

Code:
DROP PROCEDURE `addForbid`//
CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `addForbid`(in userid1 INTEGER, in type1 INTEGER, in forbid_time1 INTEGER, in reason1 BINARY(255), in gmroleid1 INTEGER)
BEGIN
 DECLARE rowcount INTEGER;
  START TRANSACTION;
    UPDATE forbid SET ctime = now(), forbid_time = forbid_time1, reason = reason1, gmroleid = gmroleid1 WHERE userid = userid1 AND type = type1;
    SET rowcount = ROW_COUNT();
    IF rowcount = 0 THEN
      INSERT INTO forbid VALUES(userid1, type1, now(), forbid_time1, reason1, gmroleid1);
    END IF;
  COMMIT;
END

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thats funny i was looking into this just this morning, except i looked inside the authd code not the procedure. Never expected such a basic mistake inside the sql.

Awesome fix.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice little fix.

One thing that always bothered me was the use of CAPS in SQL statements. I know technically they still exist because of IBM's old SQL stuff, but now it's all case insensitive and just looks weird..

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice little fix.

One thing that always bothered me was the use of CAPS in SQL statements. I know technically they still exist because of IBM's old SQL stuff, but now it's all case insensitive and just looks weird..

Atleast its not like java. I've spent 2 hours before trying to find a bug simply to discover I missed a capital letter of the start of one random line.

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
Atleast its not like java. I've spent 2 hours before trying to find a bug simply to discover I missed a capital letter of the start of one random line.

Yep... you have to double your attention when you're programming in java, because any stupid detail you forget, you get punished xD

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well that is why I've come to love C# after years of being with Java... Visual Studio is just such an amazing IDE that it gives you that nice red underline and screams HEY THIS DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT if it won't compile ;o

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
Well that is why I've come to love C# after years of being with Java... Visual Studio is just such an amazing IDE that it gives you that nice red underline and screams HEY THIS DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT if it won't compile ;o

Hahaha, thanks for that info, it made me interested in C now...

Also, I tried to donwload it months ago, but that crap takes too much time, anyway, I'll be persistent now.

Edit:

String crap = "Microsoft server";

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Many servers have problems with forbid tables when a gm bans a player it wont display the gm id this procedure will fix that.

Code:
DROP PROCEDURE `addForbid`//
CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `addForbid`(in userid1 INTEGER, in type1 INTEGER, in forbid_time1 INTEGER, in reason1 BINARY(255), in gmroleid1 INTEGER)
BEGIN
 DECLARE rowcount INTEGER;
  START TRANSACTION;
    UPDATE forbid SET ctime = now(), forbid_time = forbid_time1, reason = reason1, gmroleid = gmroleid1 WHERE userid = userid1 AND type = type1;
    SET rowcount = ROW_COUNT();
    IF rowcount = 0 THEN
      INSERT INTO forbid VALUES(userid1, type1, now(), forbid_time1, reason1, gmroleid1);
    END IF;
  COMMIT;
END

this is realy nice fix , but honestly i`m not a programmer, where to fix this? :sneaky2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back