Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Catching Dupe hack at your server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i how to dupe ? my server ?KNOW i have ser ver hrace and my friend vmware and plz tell me test my server protection tell me in forum or msn animdata hotmail.com thx...

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
i how to dupe ? my server ?KNOW i have ser ver hrace and my friend vmware and plz tell me test my server protection tell me in forum or msn animdata hotmail.com thx...

What the hell?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Multiclient is required for every single dupe, the guy is just using the normal way.
People duped in fake by buying items from the item mall and then dropping them on the floor. Since fake only had a timer on dropping items on the floor and hadnt blocked it completely, this worked. However for the above method, item mall buying will not work.

I have a dupe catching script that iv been developing for over a year and its still running on deva which has the fixes mentioned above and there hasnt been 1 dupe since.

And before you say "obviously theres no advanced dupers at deva" deva was one of the first servers to be hit by dupe in early 2009, we have had it worse than anybody else and still managed to pull through. iv banned over 200 accounts of dupers and they all used the same dull method.

The only other ways to dupe require hacking programs and extensive knowlage of the packet structure in PW.

Wow sounds intence, as for this script you've been developing have you released it to the forum yet or is it still a work in progress... wouldnt mind giving it a try

I know how dupe works cuz i played PW long time
and im saying the time when the "hackshield" was on , the dropping items function was disabled so its not that you think
what?

What the hell?

:doh: ya no kidding magic... wtf did that dude just say haha

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im not really advanced in the Perfect World "business", but in my own MMORPG Server I made it so that every single item gets an unique Item ID in the database. As soon as someone tries to duplicate the item, there are two item's in the database that have the same ID, therefore the item's automatically get deleted and the owner of the items gets banned.

Not sure if it's possible in PW, just though I'd share it here.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im not really advanced in the Perfect World "business", but in my own MMORPG Server I made it so that every single item gets an unique Item ID in the database. As soon as someone tries to duplicate the item, there are two item's in the database that have the same ID, therefore the item's automatically get deleted and the owner of the items gets banned.

Not sure if it's possible in PW, just though I'd share it here.

Not really... as in Perfect World uses a "sort of" "global unique ID"

Many items can legitimately end up with the same guid in the database depending on how many players there are

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
所有的私服都无法避免复制装备,all private PWservers can't prevent this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Packet send not work dissconnect,fast click not work :) u all idiot ?dupe not work :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Packet send not work dissconnect,fast click not work :) u all idiot ?dupe not work :)

wow cuz that made complete sence. :thumbup: (yes that was sarcasm)

and who are you calling idiot??

cuz what i just saw you said "you all idiot"

dont say poop if you dont contribute.
the idiot is the free loader that only takes. and never gives back.

as people seem to have a problem with reading (its a Server/Development site.) there is no need for ignorance. people do what they can do and try and make it better.

if your going to insult and disrespect anyone, at least use proper english. cuz you just sound like a fool with your remarks. :blink:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score

You idiot sir, cuz dupe is working. My friend already duped on a crapy private server. Instance crash FTW :thumbup:

Reaction score
i am not quite sure, but to stop players from dupe, try to remove all your item mall's from boutique and sale them from NPC. players can only dupe if they get in to retreat mode. thats all i know.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
remove retreat mode / rollback. (anyone that falls out gets banned :p

i dont know if that makes sence or if its even possible. or what problems that could and probably would cause lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know only about dup:

Item Mail
Drop item
Fast Click Gshop
Fast Click NPC

I make in java two program for block Fast Click Work fine.
Item Mail -> Remove In game NPC or disable Function
Drop item -> Config gs.conf Remove.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Theres too many ways to dupe to block them all, what we need is a serverside daemon to fix the problem at its source. People are looking into using GACD for the job.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Theres too many ways to dupe to block them all, what we need is a serverside daemon to fix the problem at its source. People are looking into using GACD for the job.

I never see GACD worked. Does this daemon ever worked ?

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you have to enable it in gs.conf
but it has alot of side effects.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That would be me looking at the GACD :p
Its the nearest we have to a full solution and as you look deeper into it, its an ideal solution when correctly implemented.
By default most modern repacked files seem to have it switched off by removal from the GS (probably owing to the 1hp/mp bug), thats why i am guessing so many have over looked it.

Reaction score
That would be me looking at the GACD :p
Its the nearest we have to a full solution and as you look deeper into it, its an ideal solution when correctly implemented.
By default most modern repacked files seem to have it switched off by removal from the GS (probably owing to the 1hp/mp bug), thats why i am guessing so many have over looked it.

I was just thinking that...

Back