Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Character Animation Exchange (Archer/Assassin)

Reaction score
This tutorial will show how to exchange skeleton animation of similar characters. In this example i've choosen to replace the female archer running animation with the female assassin running animation, both characters have the same skeleton structure.

Requirements:
  • the models must have the same skeleton structure (number of joints, joint-tree)
  • the ecm files must be fixed with latest sMODfix
  • the smd files version must be 8
  • you need sACTedit

Guide:
  1. first extract all required model files of the female assassin and female archer
  2. make sure the directory structure is the same as in the pck file (models.pck.files/models/...)
  3. if you haven't made a backup yet make one now
    ronny1982 - Character Animation Exchange (Archer/Assassin) - RaGEZONE Forums
  4. start sACTedit and load the ecm file of the assassin
  5. select the combine act for the running animation (index = 34)
  6. in the right textbox the combine act data will be loaded
  7. the combine act holds a link to a base act (joint animation), click on this name and sACTedit will automatically jump to the correct base act on the left panel (index = 36)
  8. right click on the base act and click export, select a filename i.e. "c:/somewhere.../assassin_f_run.act"
  9. now open the ecm file for the female archer and repeat the steps like for the assassin
  10. select the combine act for the running animation (index = 16)
  11. click the base act to jump to the linked base act (index = 33)
  12. right click on the base act and click import, select the file you have exported from the female assassin
  13. at least click save and add the modified archer model files back to your models.pck
  14. start the game and see your archer running like an assassin

*sACTedit is a pre-alpha test application, really buggy and untested... use on your own risk

*some combine acts have additional gfx, these gfx can be replaced by editing the combine act text (the part beginning with "EventCount: "), when replacing text in combine acts make sure it is the same MOXTVersion, or ecm file will be corrupted

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But we still can't get the real assassin :*:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
someone can upload the file ecm with the movement of the assassin ready to me?? i try do this but i can´t

(sorry for bad english)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
someone can upload the file ecm with the movement of the assassin ready to me?? i try do this but i can´t

(sorry for bad english)

Just try again,you will get it. Keep back ups though.
I think I wanna make everyone in server run like a sin :w00t:
lol.

BTW nice ronny!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
might sound rude or whatever but is not in my intention
but what's the point for it... ?
it has no use what-so-ever
i believe the combine acts are for different uses than just running
i'll try using it to different files i guess

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
might sound rude or whatever but is not in my intention
but what's the point for it... ?
it has no use what-so-ever
i believe the combine acts are for different uses than just running
i'll try using it to different files i guess

This is a pretty neat mod actually. It can give those of us who are trying to make our server just a bit different from everyone else's.

Some may have a use for it, some won't, but ronny shared this with us probably because he thought it was neat, and to show that it can be done.

Great work ronny!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very good! Animation assassin was Amazing similar to the PWI. Just one question, I noticed that the models'faces and hair Tideborns are different from humans, Winged Elves and Untameds, this is confirmed or is it just me? Hair is true that it is quite different but the face also notice a difference between the models.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm trying to find out which act is for the handing of the weapon
want to make the sword stay on the back of blademaster as is on the earthguard
P.s. not sure if is really possible
any hint would be really apreciated tnx:)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hmm trying to find out which act is for the handing of the weapon
want to make the sword stay on the back of blademaster as is on the earthguard
P.s. not sure if is really possible
any hint would be really apreciated tnx:)
i think it is saw it on chinesse servers

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
The only thing with it being on the back is that you will come out of combat stance and it will just jump to your back without any animation.

I would think it would be possible though.... Cool if it is, have you tried comparing BM to Seeker models?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so far i see that many act names got in the name short hands and long hands maybe thats something related to the take out sword and stay on back sword....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it has been done waaay be4 earthguard and tideborn updates the only thing i have no ideea is ...how

anyways of course by different method

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm that actually looks more like just gfx add on the char...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
there are more but too lazy to search for them in chinesse forums anyways this was from mcncc.com saw one with a round shield on the back with a lion or griphon anyways the whole ideea is possible but no ideea how

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I noticed that you cannot open the ecm for the venomancer or the seekers. Atleast i cant anyway. comes up with an error.
Ive messed around with the mystic and human wizards ecm without any issues.
Is there a way around this?

Back