Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Enable/Disable Restricted Zones (World Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
WARNING:

This guide will modify the elementclient.exe directly, there has been no verification by disassembling/debugging/... that the changed values are independend, so they may influence other calculations which may lead to inconsistence!
Patch the file at your own risk!

GUIDE:

• First let's take a look at the zone structure
  • the red zones are those that we want to enable
  • now lets create an integer representation of these zones where 0=disabled and 1=enabled
  • so this is the pattern which we have to find in our elementclient.exe
  • open the executable file with your favorite hex-editor
  • it is recommend to set the column number to 32, so the visualization is better for editing the world zone array
  • search for the pattern around address 0045FCA0
  • change the corresponding values from 0 -> 1 for the zones you want to enable
  • the following picture shows the hex-editor after enableing all zones for rising tide & genesis

*if you have problems to find the array in your elementclient, try to search for three following float values (512.0, 2048.0, 5632.0), if you found them the zone array is a few lines above...

PATCHED FILE:

• this file was added to the new trunk PWD "Genesis"
  • base version CN 1.3.6 v101
  • removed launcher check
  • increased zoom to 20.0 meter
  • enabled rising tide + genesis zones

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who was involved in the development process and also to ronny as he choose to release the information and write an excellent guide.

Reaction score
Thank you very much Ronny.

<note>
now, if you could only see how hard I'm hitting my head on my wall, because here I was trying to debug/disassemble it...
</note>

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Testing soon :eek:tt1:

Nice job ronny btw! Keep the great work and don't let us in a "medieval state" of development scene like some other devs do :wink:

What I need for it?
*litmodels world map (from w2i client)
*loddata world map (from w2i client)
*convert new world map client -> server using sMAPedit
*new (w2i client) models.pck and gfx.pck fixed with sMODfix

Did I miss something? :mellow:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm just posting to say, thank you and great job. Also to confirm a working Genesis zone.

wow i see you fixed all (most) gfx cool

EDIT: I almost forgot the most inportant thing....THX ALOT RONNY! ^^

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i believe this is the share of the year... for so long we(all of us)wanted to be able to go to tideborn... and now...we shall work/wait for classes xD(even tho i don't like nor mermaid(tideborn) nor 2012(genesis) classes theyr... dissapointing i'll stick to my EP and WF
offtopic(cause i think ur tracking the topic ronny) can u make the sELedit when clone item the ID will be +1 of the original?(cause it's annoying since i work massivly with EL)
and thanks for this share

Last edited:
Reaction score
i believe this is the share of the year... for so long we(all of us)wanted to be able to go to tideborn... and now...we shall work/wait for classes xD(even tho i don't like nor mermaid(tideborn) nor 2012(genesis) classes theyr... dissapointing i'll stick to my EP and WF

I have to agree, I'm not too keen on either of the new races or any of the new classes. I do like having the new map areas though; that leaves us wide open for plenty of customization, and or at least adding in more of the 'stock' mobs/quests :D

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

i'm working on adding Genesis map areas and will hopefully be able to make it a 'release' ;)

Minus i'm not doing the map DDS's in surfaces until they come out in PWi (in English)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
tested and running WELL. I could go to the tideborn location. But I just found an empty island. No city or village, just island.

Perhaps I should do something about the map file (copy/convert from the existing PW online). Hope I could do something to help.

Thx Ronnie.

EDIT :

i use sMAPconvert (thx to ronnie, again):
1. convert the existing PW client map (from indonesian PW) to map server

2. replace the map server files into the server (i use hrace009 vbox server) <-- backup before replace

3. replace the entire client map by indonesian PW's map.

Result :
City of the tideborn now exist, but all water (sea, lake, and river) is now gone. sorry, need to read again from this forum about how to restore the water again. i've read about this somewhere.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have to agree, I'm not too keen on either of the new races or any of the new classes. I do like having the new map areas though; that leaves us wide open for plenty of customization, and or at least adding in more of the 'stock' mobs/quests :D

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

i'm working on adding Genesis map areas and will hopefully be able to make it a 'release' ;)

Minus i'm not doing the map DDS's in surfaces until they come out in PWi (in English)

That would be awsome!Cause mine is very bugy for some reason....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Eistiger can fix most gfx of the Tideborn and Genesis.
This must be due to its correction tool, you plan to do something similar in your tool ronny? I look forward to the forthcoming review of the PWD :]

Again I apologize for my english.

Reaction score
Well my CN client DL is corrupt :( so looks like I am going to have to download it again or wait for 'official' "Genesis" :\ Unless someone wants to be nice enough to share their LITMODELS with me for the new Genesis area :S

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
people create patch for tideborn and genesis
+ serverside

I'd do it, but, it'd be more like an entire installer. And I don't have enough bandwidth to cover that.

--- Guide to getting the zones up and running ---
Following Ronny's steps from another post...

Client:
  • maps/world (fix *.t2bk, fix *.dat)
  • building.pck
  • gfx.pck (optional, fix *.gfx)
  • grasses.pck
  • litmodels.pck
  • loddata.pck
  • sfx.pck (optional)
  • shaders.pck
  • surfaces.pck (ingame + radar map)
  • textures.pck

Server:
  • add hmaps
  • create watermap (optional)
  • add region/precinct (optional)

Basically, for the packs. Unpack both the Chinese files and your files. Then take and merge the Chinese files folder into your pack. And DON'T replace any existing files that are in your current pack.

Additionally, for the gfx. Unpack and run sMODfix over the Chinese gfx to another folder. Then copy and replace the gfx fixes with the Chinese gfx folder. Which you will then do the above steps of, copying but not replacing any existing files.

----
For the maps, export to server side with fixes and fix client side using sMAPtool.

That's what I did to get it running and not buggy. Hope this helps someone.

------
Well my CN client DL is corrupt :( so looks like I am going to have to download it again or wait for 'official' "Genesis" :\ Unless someone wants to be nice enough to share their LITMODELS with me for the new Genesis area :S

I'm uploading mine and my gfx pack. It'll take 45-minutes to an hour, or so, to upload. And just do as I mentioned above to get the stuff in your packs, instead of a full on replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 343
Reaction score
thank you thank you; I got everything all lined up client and server map side; got to the litmodels and it wont open :(

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

and I'm most likely going to hold off on surfaces.pck until it comes out in English ;)

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Anyone know how to add a new teleport point?

Thank you Ronny

How did you want to do this?

I would be able to help with teleportation if it's quest, or region...

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dunno what to do :(:
It does not work for me.
I tried now with old 1.3.6 CN client, nothing changes.
I tried with downgraded PWI client, nothing changes.
I tried own changed exe and the already patched one. No changes.

Does this need a serverside patching ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back