Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[How to] Fix Marriage Quest

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm on russian dev forum i just saw this maybe can help...

P.s. i tryed look for it but coudlnt actually find those values

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am using 343s release and it already has the hex codes posted in this thread (the first ones). Unfortunately the marriage still isn't working for me.

I've tried many ways of getting it to stick by reading the forums, like leaving party, staying online for 15 mins, or force log out and staying offline for 15 mins. All attempts made the marriage stick but as soon as you leave the chapel and relog, it resets again.

I've noticed some people say they can get it working and some can't, could it be that the chmod of the files in the folder /PWServer/gamedbd/dbhomewdb/dbdata/ may be having an effect?

:lol: Probably way off but I thought I may as well ask

I have the same codes as well and for some reason mine works, as for 343's files i have identicle files related to wedding his works mine works but every release put out they dont work. i literally screwed around with mine for weeks to get it to work. occasionally it has its bugs but most of the time works.

i have noticed having all instances open or running till you got low ram and low swap left it tends to ignore it all

just some ideas :thumbup:

Reaction score
it's a litle weird with this mariage system, i remember when long time a go i have real 1.3.6 task data and using beastie server files. the meriege was working like official. but since i use 1.4.2 task data, it was change everything....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ok i tested this a lot and its odd.

i coppied the EXACT stucture as what my server runs to a VBOX and VMWare. this is what iv have discovered.

95% of the it will fail and the other 5% is half married (female) and sticks for half an hour or so or till you do another logout.

but on my actual server running dedicated works every time instantly.

i have a VERY STRONG theory to whats causing this to happen. this also results in failed invasions you run it and after a couple minutes or less it completely stops.

:thumbup:i have a theory and im pretty damn sure its right:thumbup:

will tell what it is once i test this theory.

first obvious one is. dont use vbox or vmware hahahaha:w00t:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Your theory is wrong.... where is trollface smilie...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you dont even know my theory.... and ive tested and works for me

well from extreme testing its based on cpu well for my end if your cpu is running high then the chances are it will fail. basicly ran everything to bog my ram up and my cpu like vmware or vbox does and when its around 90 - 100% the marriage quest never works. turned everything right off and made the cpu go down to about 30% and seemed to work fine along the fact of only using 1gb of ram never had a problem. also looking into this java system i noticed 3 services running on it and each one does something different, when i closed it, it stopped working and so on. but dont think the java has anything to do with it. so far this is what ive discovered. if you run the system low cpu and ram then marriage works flawlessly

well it works for me. and the CPU i also discovered if its at 100% and you run an invasion the whole invasion stops after a few seconds to a few minutes depending what you have going on.

these are just things ive detected and noticed and works for me, try for yourself and if it dont work maybe someone will figure out something that prevents it.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
88supra88, Here is the answer...
loled and rolfed... there is no issues in datafiles, you just wasted a time..
The problem in caching system of gs and gamedbd.
When char reloads or goes to other instance, gs by PutRole replaces values in char data in gamedbd with cache, which was made in interval of 7-8 minutes.

You must decrease interval of caching.

This is a problem of cache with gamedbd. Not realy an issue related to cpu or ram because I get it working everytime on a virtualbox :):

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you dont even know my theory.... and ive tested and works for me

well from extreme testing its based on cpu well for my end if your cpu is running high then the chances are it will fail. basicly ran everything to bog my ram up and my cpu like vmware or vbox does and when its around 90 - 100% the marriage quest never works. turned everything right off and made the cpu go down to about 30% and seemed to work fine along the fact of only using 1gb of ram never had a problem. also looking into this java system i noticed 3 services running on it and each one does something different, when i closed it, it stopped working and so on. but dont think the java has anything to do with it. so far this is what ive discovered. if you run the system low cpu and ram then marriage works flawlessly

well it works for me. and the CPU i also discovered if its at 100% and you run an invasion the whole invasion stops after a few seconds to a few minutes depending what you have going on.

these are just things ive detected and noticed and works for me, try for yourself and if it dont work maybe someone will figure out something that prevents it.

I'm not using virtual machines - 1st.
My server is 3.0 GHz x2 CPU and 8GB Ram + 8GB Swap - 2nd.
It uses 60% of CPU and 5GB Ram + 1 GB Swap - 3rd.
I have issue with marriage - Final position.:sleep:

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
it's a litle weird with this mariage system, i remember when long time a go i have real 1.3.6 task data and using beastie server files. the meriege was working like official. but since i use 1.4.2 task data, it was change everything....

thats the reason whe merged the tasks data with our old one, keeping all tasks that we already had :D

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Merging my-en tasks.data with pwi tasks.data is not a good idea. It may confuses the players on your server if they search something on pwdatabase.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm not using virtual machines - 1st.
My server is 3.0 GHz x2 CPU and 8GB Ram + 8GB Swap - 2nd.
It uses 60% of CPU and 5GB Ram + 1 GB Swap - 3rd.
I have issue with marriage - Final position.:sleep:

thats very annoying lol mine works fine.

is there any location where its written to write changes in so many seconds in any file? to write the wedding.

another test i tried was loading a bunch of zones and from my server if i have a specific zone open it cancels the wedding i havent isolated which instance is causing it i wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

random thought.

maybe its based on processor.
ive noticed when i try on my server it works fine but when i try on vbox on my amd system it doesnt work.

maybe its intel only.

highly unlikely

i wonder if there is anything on the ubuntu server updates or a program to download that always refreshes/writes the data every 3 - 5 seconds

just throwing out some thoughts lol.:thumbup:

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
something in between.. we have used a pwi tasks.data that was converted by luke to 1.3.6, i think it was somewhere around 1.3.8 or 1.4.0, after that we used a simple offet-based task merger to include newer stuff from downgraded pwi tasks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem, I do everything right but the mission does not appear in the NPC!

Back