Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GS.CONF limit = variables

Reaction score
ALLOW-ROOT - Allow map to be started and entered
NOFLY - Cannot fly
NOMOUNT - Cannot use mount
NO-BIND - Cannot embrace
NODUEL - Cannot duel
NOTHROW - Cannot discard items from inventory
CLEAR-AP - Empty chi bar and any sparks upon entering
GM-FREE - ???????

USE-SAVE-POINT - During Log in, predetermined location for spawning
when used in conjunction with the following tag:
save_point = worldid,pos x,altitude,pos z

Get position for save_point data using pwAdmin or console- d_showpos. The following example would spawn you near the west gate of Ancient Dragon City if added to WORLD_GS01 section of GS.CONF:

limit = use-save-point;
save_point = 1,1196.4,219.76,1034.26

CID:

0 ( normal world )
14 ( can pk - name doesn't turn red, auto spawn after death )
17 ( "", "", receive seal upon re-spawn )

This is a list of command variables used in GS.CONF for the " limit = " tag (located in /PWServer/gamed/gs.conf) and what each one controls. Usable for each individual instance and world map area.

If you know for a sure fact what something does, please tell me and I will modify this and keep it as an easy to find list for all future reference.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From the translation I think that GM-Free means that the all the other commands are overrided for gms. So if nomount is there players cant ride but gms can. I also think that the use-save-point means that when you die you respawn at the point you died.

Im only guessing though and havent tested any of these.

Reaction score
that's what I understood about GM-FREE myself, however my tests aren't showing that that is the case :\

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

My main question now is going to be, how to limit the double jump feature !? Surely that's not limited to dungeons only as "World" map IS19 is limited, and does not allow double jump. I was thinking this was a gs.conf parameter just like nofly, or nomount; but that appears evidently not so :( So does anyone out there know how to configure which places allow double jump and which do not ???

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GM-Free is for GM only area and the rest you have listed is right

So say I want TT(HH) as my personal GM playground I would add GM-free to that area(map)

and I think the jump is listed in the map data

Last edited:
Reaction score
it does not appear to work that way for me :\ I set IS11 to gm-free, and my non-gm account character can still get in... Has this tested working for you???

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

it also appears to have no effect for the GM, in the effect that; nofly is set for IS11, and even though GM-FREE is set GM's still cannot fly in IS11 :\

So, so far I have not seen gm-free do anything...

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

so the question remains: what does "gm-free" do?

and the even bigger question of: how do you control where you can and cannot double jump ??? !!! ???

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I also think that the use-save-point means that when you die you respawn at the point you died.

If u mean with this that u'll be ported to a specific point in the area u died with out the respawn / accept revive dialog u r right

See arena01 - arena04 or world_01

"gm-free" - means that you can't teleport to this area / to a player who is in this area (TW maps r gm-free) dunno if a GM can even enter those areas or are there anymor advanteges with this cmd

343 said:
how do you control where you can and cannot double jump ??? !!! ???
The only way to influence this is to declare an area as Worldinstance instead as Dungeon imo

Reaction score
The only way to influence this is to declare an area as Worldinstance instead as Dungeon imo

This I know is un-true because of IS 19. Look in your gs.conf and you will see that IS 19 / Weeping Isle is listed as world, yet one cannot double jump here o_O

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think the gm-free is to map where GM is expelled after xx seconds cause not being within the group. It helps when you want to see if the players are in different instances of maps for use by bots.

Edit

See that:

But the most important thing is allow-root; command requests can not be deleted, removed about can not access this map!
If you want to limit a player can not enter only the GM map to enter you must be set as follows:

[World_gs01] [World_gs01]
index = 1 index = 1
tag = 1 tag = 1
cid = 0,2,13 cid = 0,2,13
base_path = world/ base_path = world /
limit = gm-free;nofly;nothrow; limit = gm-free; nofly; nothrow;

GM-FREE is to only a GM can enter on a blocked map without "limit = allow-root;" tag.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If u mean with this that u'll be ported to a specific point in the area u died with out the respawn / accept revive dialog u r right

See arena01 - arena04 or world_01

That is incorrect as well, World_GS01 does not natively come with this tag (the arenas do though, you will notice the world tag is "1" meaning it's set to spawn you to GS01). There is something special somewhere else about the arenas that you do not have to res/scroll/go to town after a death. The tags for limit = use-save-point and save_point = t,x,a,z appear to only function for when logging in or relogging; if they are set, if they are not set you will log in exactly where you logged out.

(EDIT: there are other things that are 'special' about the arenas too, like how PKing does not turn you red or add to the amount of time you are red named if already red, so that's a good next >?<: where are all the special settings for the arenas?)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That is incorrect as well, World_GS01 does not natively come with this tag (the arenas do though, you will notice the world tag is "1" meaning it's set to spawn you to GS01). There is something special somewhere else about the arenas that you do not have to res/scroll/go to town after a death. The tags for limit = use-save-point and save_point = t,x,a,z appear to only function for when logging in or relogging; if they are set, if they are not set you will log in exactly where you logged out.

(EDIT: there are other things that are 'special' about the arenas too, like how PKing does not turn you red or add to the amount of time you are red named if already red, so that's a good next >?<: where are all the special settings for the arenas?)

Wait... I'm searching.

Edit ---

See that:

Explained:
GS.CONF file file in / gamed / internal note promising a!

I think that the config of types of maps is on GS file, but it's only open fine on a hexa editor and the code is too complicated. >.< I will to see it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well so far I have found that the CID does have something to do with it; I changed World_GS01 CID from 0,2,13 - match the arena CID of 14,2,13 and upon a death in the world you don't have to click on anything and it will spawn you without choosing an option. The only thing different is that the box with the options does pop up, unlike in arena where the box doesn't even pop up :\

Reaction score
apparently changing world CID from 0,2,13 or arena 14,2,13 to match battleground (TW) of 17,2,13 after death you are locked from using any skill (seal) for a short duration of time (30 seconds). Now, we need to discover and compile a list of what CID values do / effect.

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
jump size is controlled clientside.

b- maps have big jump

a- maps have small jump

Last edited:
Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score

2,13 is same

0 ( i think normal world )
14 ( i think can pk, but nick not red )
17 ( i think can pk, nick not red, and after killed got seal )

Reaction score
jump size is controlled clientside.

b- maps have big jump

a- maps have bug jump

Then what about the celestial and demon maps, which are A maps if I am not mistaken ???

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. How then would I for example make double jump off limits in the world map? How would I allow double jump in an instance / dungeon??? That is my ultimate goal here in the end, being able to change where double jump is and is not allowed.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
forced pk, jump, spawn point after death, etc are all controlled by region.clt/sev (or precinct i cant remember which)

Back