Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Getting mounts/aerogear from PWI

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
I made this guide because I see a lot of people asking about it and I thought I might be able to help out with it.

Ok so here's the situation, PWI have some really cool mounts or aerogear that your server doesn't have but you want them on your server. Is there a way to get them from PWI to your server? Yes!

Step 1) Download sPCK from

Step 2) Using sPCK, unpack four things
- PWI models.pck​
- PWI gfx.pck​
- Your server's models.pck​
- Your server's gfx.pck​

Step 3) You need to work out where the model .ecm file for the mount/aero you want is located. To do this you need to download sELedit and open the PWI elements.data. To be honest I'm not entirely sure how to open 1.4.4 elements.data, I just use 1.4.2. Anyways, open it with sELedit and find the mount/aero you want. Then look at I think row 2 and it will have something along the lines of this; Models\Players\通用装备\翅膀\鹰翼\鹰翼.ecm

Step 4) Open the PWI models.pck.files and go to the location of the .ecm you found in step 3.

Step 5) Copy the whole folder containing the .ecm to Your servers models.pck.files.

Step 6) Open the .ecm with a text editor that can read Chinese I recommend Notepad++ (download, open .ecm and click encoding and pick chinese)

Step 7) In the .ecm, find the paths to the .gfx it uses.

Step 8) Copy the PWI gfx.pck.files the .ecm uses to your server's gfx.pck.files

Step 9) With sELedit open your clients elements.data and either clone an existing mount/aero or modify an existing one so that it points to the .ecm of the mount/aero that you want

Step 10) Save the elements.data and export it to server or make the same changes in the server elements.data

Step 11) Also from pwtools, download ronny's sMODfix to fix the files to make them work

Step 12) Open sMODfix and in the top box load the directory containing only your servers models.pck.files and gfx.pck.files (with the new mounts and aero).

Step 13) In the bottom box select an empty folder, this is where the fixed files will go

Step 14) Fix ecm >1.3.6
gfx >1.3.6
sgc >1.3.6

Step 15) Merge the output (all in the folder you selected in the bottom sMODfix box) with the models.pck.files and gfx.pck.files from your server (including mounts/aero) overwriting when prompted.

Step 16) Repack the modified models.pck.files and gfx.pck.files

Step 17) Put the modified gfx.pck and models.pck in your client.

Step 18) Put the elements.data in your client and upload the server elements.data to your server

Step 19) Have fun! :eek:tt1:

If you have any questions, think I have made a mistake or have any ideas to improve this thread then please post them :p

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
wow thanks
this is exactly what i was about to ask, a simple guide to how to import new stuff in my old server.
a question thou, does this work with import from other games like Jade Dynasty, HoTK, and/or LoMA, also same engine as PW(I)?
i want to import the white wolf mount from jade dynasty, crocodile(don't remember name) mob as pet from LoMA, and some mobs from HoTK.
so far in theory i've done like your guide described, but i can't find the exact names of those mentioned above.
Maybe you could point me to a good mob/npc/pet/aero lister from all PW engine games, i don't need editor, just a lister so i can take paths to use.

Once again, great, simple to use guide.:thumbup:

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Good to see someone understands my guide :thumbup1:

About adding mounts/aero from other games, I'm not entirely sure as I have never done it although I will be going to when I have completed my remake of the quest system, adding a main quest.

I think it is similar in principle but the char will most likely sit above the mount which means you need to use a .bon editor to edit the .bon files. I think you also need to possibly need to actfix the .ecm try this.

I would recommend talking to Eistiger about adding stuff from other games, he is rather knowledgeable :D:

NaMeLeS

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Good to see someone understands my guide :thumbup1:

About adding mounts/aero from other games, I'm not entirely sure as I have never done it although I will be going to when I have completed my remake of the quest system, adding a main quest.

I think it is similar in principle but the char will most likely sit above the mount which means you need to use a .bon editor to edit the .bon files. I think you also need to possibly need to actfix the .ecm try this.

I would recommend talking to Eistiger about adding stuff from other games, he is rather knowledgeable :D:

NaMeLeS

No it's not the same and ecm fixing dosn't work properly(jd's wings are pain ... but achieveable)
mounts do flight don't

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok i have a doubt is it possible just unpack the entire PWI gfx.pck and models.pck and just change the paths in elements.data for .ecm ? will it work ? or will crash ? sorry am a newb in this .

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ok i have a doubt is it possible just unpack the entire PWI gfx.pck and models.pck and just change the paths in elements.data for .ecm ? will it work ? or will crash ? sorry am a newb in this .
Of course it will work, you don't want to copy each folder of flight / mount one by one, but the whole gfx / models folder. (I suggest not replacing these folders, only copy). Then sMODfix them. And always remember to do back-up copy.
Also working on elements.data with 1.4.4 items will save you a lot of time, because u won't need to add them manually.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Of course it will work, you don't want to copy each folder of flight / mount one by one, but the whole gfx / models folder. (I suggest not replacing these folders, only copy). Then sMODfix them. And always remember to do back-up copy.
Also working on elements.data with 1.4.4 items will save you a lot of time, because u won't need to add them manually.
thank you so much and one more doubt unpacking PWI surfaces.pck and sMOD ing will work too? or will it change the entire interface ?
:?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no point in sMODfixing surfaces.pck. If u want new (blue) interface u can download one from: http://forum.ragezone.com/f694/complete-pw-package-736572/ , but it's very underdeveloped yet and personally I like old one more.
I guess i confused you I mean the Icons for the mounts or flyers when u buy it is like a ? so is there a way to fix it ? and also in my server i see mob hp as ?/? in the bar is it normal or i should fix it some way ? Thank you again for quick response xD

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess i confused you I mean the Icons for the mounts or flyers when u buy it is like a ? so is there a way to fix it ? and also in my server i see mob hp as ?/? in the bar is it normal or i should fix it some way ? Thank you again for quick response xD

I'd love to know why people think that typing larger somehow makes things easier to understand

And your question is an incredibly simple fix that has been answered many times...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd love to know why people think that typing larger somehow makes things easier to understand

And your question is an incredibly simple fix that has been answered many times...
@ das sorry abt that the first question mark was to highlight and after that set the font size by mistake ..... will avoid that in future :): and abt the fix i wasnt able to find ... :(: I mean atleast removing that ?/?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@ das sorry abt that the first question mark was to highlight and after that set the font size by mistake ..... will avoid that in future :): and abt the fix i wasnt able to find ... :(: I mean atleast removing that ?/?
I'm at work so i can't check exact names of the files, but if u want to have all icons working u need to copy from pwi surfaces.pck to your surfaces two files: iconset.dds and iconset.txt. AFIK they are in iconlist folder.
If u want to remove "?/?" (unfortunately we can't have mob's hp at his health bar), u need to open 2 files in configs.pck with hp in name and remove this "?/?".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi NaMeLeS , thank you very much for the guide, i follow your guide step by step to try to add the earthguardians flyers, fix the newflyers whit sModfix (allready testes and works fine ,i replace some olderflyer to test the new whitout edit my elements.data).
But when i Edit element.data (server & client), I get item not found (use number 50001 for the firefly) everything works correctly what was done but when loading I get the icon (? On page the pwadmin) and I do not see anything but when I put the mouse on the item description appears q I put (the required level, race, speed, maximum and minimum).
I do not understand what has happened overlooked or done wrong so I would not aparesca item @. @.

Sorry my bad english google . translator rlz (?)

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Well to test if it is a model problem or not I would suggest opening sELedit, finding an already existing aerogear and just changing the path to the .ecm of the model you added, then export to server and see if it will work.

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Not trying to pull up an older thread, however I am having some issues. I have located all files pertaining to new flights I am adding, added them to elements added files to the corresponding pck after smodfix. I can buy them in game, put them on, and use them, however none of them have their gfx. The only thing changed after pulling out the files was where they were going to go as my models.pck is too large so I have redirected to configs.pck. As such I have also changed the path in all ecm files as well.

Any suggestions in this would be greatly appreciated.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
don't change gfx pathes inside ecm (since you only moved models, not gfx) and it should work. remember to sModfix the new gfx

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Sorry if I mis-communicated, I didn't change the location of the gfx files. I located the needed files from models and extracted them, opened the ecm and located/extracted the needed gfx files. Changed the location path inside the ecm and elements. Used sModfix on the ecm and gfx files. Added to my files then packed them back up.

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Just an update, this should work for PW mounts, aero and mostly weapons, the process is different for fash and armor however.

Back