Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures)

is making carefully.
Reaction score
Szaer - [Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures) - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry about the disappearance. D: I'm in uni atm and working two jobs. My server ChafedPW is no longer running (way too much drama), but I still play PW every so often (lms ftw). I realized I never reposted my tutorial, so I will be fixing it back up for everyone <3

If you are not running on a linux box, you will need to use a Linux Emulator. After having tried Vbox, Linux, and VMWare I have found that Vbox is the best to use because it gives you better network options (and you don't have to change anything in the server image to run your server). Colinux is old but simple, but you will have to change all of the IPs in the configuration files. VMWare was just kind of gay. :T Colinux ONLY works on 32 bit processors- meaning it's not meant for servers and not meant to be powerful. I am more then likely going to make the picture tut for VBox- but if you are setting up your server now I would suggest using hraces tutorial and pack.

(for people running on linux or know how to copy files into linux emulators)

OR

My Old Colinux Files (will work with old tut below)
|

Extra Tools and Files
Szaers PW IP Logger
Customizing PW Launcher

VBOX Image PW 1.3.6. with 1.4.2 V 283 items (hrace009)

If you have any mirror requests, please ask! If you would like to support, please help mirror files and link to your mirror and I will add them to the tutorial. Please also give me any helpful links to add. I haven't been around so I don't know whats new.

Last edited:
is making carefully.
Reaction score
Colinux Text Tutorial (old)

HERES HOW WE DO IT KIDS.I bet you've been waiting for a 1.3.6. release on RZ, haven't you? Let me say right now, you have 3 choices if you want to run Perfect World server. Linux as your OS, Colinux, or vmware. If you have around 3 gigs of ram, I would suggest colinux. If you have Ram to spare (like maybe 8), hell go for vmware you waffle. VMWare is a GUI linux emulator for windows. As in it is run in windows style, rather then command line. So if you like making things harder on yourself just to make it easier, try vmware. And for the love of god, don't let anyone give themselves more then 100,000 cubi, or you WILL duck up your server. Make sure you keep track of how much your GMs are adding. I also added my IP Logger in this, so if you use this server, you won't need to download that.

This server comes with 1.3.6 and 1.3.9 items, pwuweb, iweb, and Sofags IP Logger.

Instructions:
1. start up the PWServer.bat
2. login as "root"
3. Start editing EVERY cfg file. Replace my old IP (173.48.41.60 or any other wan IPs, mind you I'm not sure if this img was my working server) with yours. Make sure you find every conf, they're in every DIR. Edit the table xml with your database settings in the MSSQL section, not mysql. To make things a poop lot easier, heres the list of them:

IP edits:
/home/gacd/gamesys.conf
/home/gamed/gs.conf
/home/gamedb/gamesys.conf
/home/gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf
/home/gfactiond/gamesys.conf
/home/glinkd/gamesys.conf
/home/logservice/logservice.conf
/home/uniquenamed/gamesys.conf
/etc/hosts

Other edits:
/etc/table.xml
/opt/lampp/htdocs/register/core.php

Leave 10.0.2.15 the HELL alone. That's linuxes localhost IP.

4. Make sure you have your SQL set up according to the tutorial I had originally posted, and hopefully edited by this time.

5. Edit your clients IPs to be your WANS

6. in the colinux console, type "./startup.sh"

7. I AM STARTING YOUR SERVER HEH. Just wait until I say it's okay.

8. I have the MAJOR maps loaded. If want less or more, edit startup.sh. If you have less then 3 gigs of ram, you might have to remove some.

9. Make sure you keep an eye out on the console as it loads, looking for any errors.

10. Before you try and play, make sure your client and server have the same elements and gshop! You will also have to make sure they are the same version. (I probably have this explained in the tutorial. Can't check because RZ is down while I'm making this tut :[ )

11. After you've done all of that, register, login, and play!

Make sure you delete the old characters in gamedb. I never took out all of my users characters from my old server ChafedPW.

I have a few examples in the original thread on how to customize your server and edit other files, so make sure you check out the bottom of the tutorial thread. I believe in this tut we used MSSQL, so just stick with that. I prefer MySQL more now, but don't change to it unless you're proficient in PW Servers and MySQL already.

If you need to move files in and out of the server, I already have a mount set up. That means all you do it move things into the serv folder in windows, and into the serv folder in colinux. So if you wanted to move /etc/table.xml to windows, you would type the following into colinux: cp -r -f /etc/hosts.xml /serv/

You're free to mod this server as much as you wish without credit, but don't repost it on other forums and sites. This is for RageZone and it's users. I will also have it on my site Szaer.net ( ). If you need help with any of this, just ask on ragezone or my forum. Mine is deticated to JUST Perfect world server development and files, so stop by if you want to see what we have up.

-Szaer

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice looking guide, I'll have to try it out later.

What's the user limit if i try doing it this way? Certainly I can't think I'd need more than a dozen connections to start with.

Just Eistiger.
Reaction score
This is a nice Guide but why u all use Colinux? :( Colinux is for test right but if u realy want a server with PLAYER on a Dedi Root its not good to use Colinux. But ok try it by ur self

is making carefully.
Reaction score
This is a nice Guide but why u all use Colinux? :( Colinux is for test right but if u realy want a server with PLAYER on a Dedi Root its not good to use Colinux. But ok try it by ur self

My server has at least 15 players. And we've never had lag. :T

@ recca421

No idea. If there is a user limit, it can be changed easily. So if anyone finds that theres a limit, let me know and we'll fix it. :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do i edit the server files to set it up to MySQL? i perfer using MySQL then mssql.

is making carefully.
Reaction score
hahah 15 try to get 46 then u see it. ^^

Lul, I don't plan on having that many. Once you start letting in too many people, you start getting hackers and crap. But if someone were planning on making a big open PW server, they should probably just have a deticated linux box with good specs.

how do i edit the server files to set it up to MySQL? i perfer using MySQL then mssql.

Just do the same thing as you would for mssql. But in the table.xml, instead of editing "MSSQL", edit the "Mysql" area as .

is making carefully.
Reaction score
You can use either. Thats why theres both sextions in table.xml ;P

Also, 5igm, your database will be named "audb" and you'll need to search the forum for the mysql backup to restore from.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx for your help. i also have this error "err : gdelivery:: connect GameDB failed"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wow, thank you very very much dude, the other guides were really un-understandable, but your guide... wahh, again, thank you very very much dude :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You're welcome. I'm still adding more to the guide and the how to's. :p

Nice to read that, thanks dude :] Btw, a question, how can I check which version of PW I have?
If my version of PW is above the required version, what should I do? Is there a way to "down patch" PW?

Thanks!

is making carefully.
Reaction score
You should be able to check the version by opening \config\element\version.sw in notepad. And to down-patch, just try taking the old elements.data and gshop.data. But for server 1.3.6 you can use cleints 1.3.1 (myen) OR 1.3.6 (mycn or myen patched).

is making carefully.
Reaction score
It's either the server file is corrupt or your CPU is too crappy (or configs aren't set up correct). I'll upload a new server file if you can wait a bit. For now, take a screen shot of the error if you can, and we'll work on that until it's updated. =D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol crappy cpu dont think so il take a shot at server files il get the screen shot in a bit

is making carefully.
Reaction score
lol crappy cpu dont think so il take a shot at server files il get the screen shot in a bit

Yeah, I just tried it on an older pc of mine and it came up with the same error. It's got a decent CPU (better then my running pw server pc's I think), so it's definitely not that. And it's more then likely not a configuration problem, since I've set up PW servers before. Unless I have a horrible mental illness that makes me forget gaps of memory and not even remember that I forgot. :C

Anyways, going to test the fresh server files and upload.

Back