Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Live) VBOX Bridging for over net play (Ronny1982 / Hrace009)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm confused with this tutorial, because i don't use a router to connect to internet

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
go to command prompt and type ipconfig
you should see an id as 192.168.x.x then you are on a router/modem

its its like 24.88.123.554 or something like that then your on direct net

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I use DSL the modem.
I can not play with friends! Please show video the instruction or detailed screenshots. 2 days don't sleep any more - I will become crazy soon o_O

Forgive for my English - I Russian

do you have teamviewer or anything. i can help you set your server up. and your english is fine.

i can do it for you if you would like.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do you have teamviewer or anything. i can help you set your server up. and your english is fine.

hey, i have teamvewer, can you help me to config my server ?:/:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I have established TeamViewer when we will communicate?
For correspondence, it is possible to use Skype (nickname: Naxer007).
Thanks!

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ok whats your skype address i will add you

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

i had so many problems with putting this server online that now it works i fear it can go bug again :S
I need the server to work just for 10 or less friends so i guess i need to make it public. last time i tryed was with the no-ip thing but didnt work and bugged all server(finally fixed ) so my msn is :petkris_bg@hotmail.it
would love if u could teach me via teamviewer :):) would really really apreciate your help :)

well now your servers working how is it going

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can't adjust the server, for game with friends.
I have TeamViewer.
My Skype: Naxer007
Help me please :*:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
what do you mean you cant adjust the server.... ill help you

do you have MSN Messenger my skype doesnt work anymore for some reason.

Sorry for the late reply was busy this week

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have tried this method so many times but once i bridge my adapter on vbox, i lose all connection to the PWAdmin, thus i cant start my server :p please help if possible :*:

PS: i have my IP settings on my adapter (PC) on Obtain Automatically as i dont know what my Gateway IP would be..if i was to put a IP address in there.. cheers

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
try disabling the host only adapter in your network settings through control panel. then on vbox put it to bridged

type ifconfig in vbox make sure to use that ip

let me know if this helped

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
try disabling the host only adapter in your network settings through control panel. then on vbox put it to bridged

type ifconfig in vbox make sure to use that ip

let me know if this helped

Ok i disabled the host only network via windows, alas i still cant get to PWadmin to start the server, it works fine with the host only set up,but no access from the outside to my server, and i also set vbox to bridge the network and i have more ports open on my router that a shipyard atm lol and port forwarding from my pc x.x :(:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
you should also post that this shouldnt be used as a real server considering the 0 security this has, everything is public if you set everything to your public ip, you only want people connecting to the glinkd, everything else should be 127.0.0.1.
i know people with enough experience can inject packets to crash specific services that are public

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
thats true

also you should be able to access your pwAdmin from your machine by 192.168.0.10 even if its bridged did you change the files to the ip you need
if your on a system that gives 192.168.1.* you will need to change the ip's in all the files that should be posted on the first page

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thats true

also you should be able to access your pwAdmin from your machine by 192.168.0.10 even if its bridged did you change the files to the ip you need
if your on a system that gives 192.168.1.* you will need to change the ip's in all the files that should be posted on the first page

All my setting are set to 192.168.0.10 thats what i found in the files mentioned on the first page, asides the ones with 0.0.0.0, and thank you for the warning regarding security as im new to this that is great advice ty:): no i cant reach iweb if im bridged, but i do have no-ip on my system is there a way i can utilize that as its not installed on my server, but it is on windows? i have read the no-ip thread but they have that installed on there server, and i checked and its not on mine lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello can you help me too i wanna play with my friends add my msn:cosminx13@gmail.com

Back