Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Live) VBOX Bridging for over net play (Ronny1982 / Hrace009)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bro, i am using 343's server files. i set all IP on
/etc/hosts
/opt/lampp/htdocs/config.php
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Maskgen/index.jsp

to 127.0.0.1 will it work for friends to play with?
and i have DMZ to my lAN"s IP and opened ports my server's IP.
but 343 said it needs to be WAN IP on
/etc/hosts

it's fine or i need to change all the IP on
/etc/hosts
to WAN?

I am getting confused about this part

Now as it is a Bridged Server you need to open the ports on your firewall.

Alot of people get confused thinking its just the servers IP or the computer's IP, YOU HAVE TO PUT BOTH

example
server is 192.168.0.10
Computer is 192.168.0.30

do you mean, we need to add 29000,8080,80 with both IP address to our firewall? i am using basic winxp firewall and it won't let me add both IP with the same ports lol.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
bro, i am using 343's server files. I set all ip on
/etc/hosts
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwadmin/addons/maskgen/index.jsp

to 127.0.0.1 will it work for friends to play with?
this is wrong sould be your lan ip exammple 192.168.0.123 or whatever your lan ip is

and i have dmz to my lan"s ip and opened ports my server's ip.
But 343 said it needs to be wan ip on
again wrong. 343 is right. But if your using vbox you want to set your pc's ip ports and put your vbox to dmz (this will not open unwanted ports that your pc doesnt have open

/etc/hosts

it's fine or i need to change all the ip on
/etc/hosts
to wan?

again you want your ip's to be your lan ip address not 127.0.0.1 only local address should be that address

i am getting confused about this part

now as it is a bridged server you need to open the ports on your firewall.

yes if you open the 2900 8080 80 to your pc's ip and put dmz on your vbox you will be fine.

alot of people get confused thinking its just the servers ip or the computer's ip, you have to put both
yes both ip's need to be added. Dont know why but it does... 1 your running a vbox from your pc machine (needs ports) then you run a vbox thats considered a new pc running through your pc so you need to open the ports on the vbox too.

example
server is 192.168.0.10 -yes this is correct. You cannot match this ip with pc because they are considered 2 different systems. (if you make them the same you will get conflict
computer is 192.168.0.30

do you mean, we need to add 29000,8080,80 with both ip address to our firewall? yesi am using basic winxp firewall and it won't let me add both ip with the same ports lol because thats windows xp... Your server is ubuntu (assuming).

you need to add the port forwards to your router.... Example 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 TO ACCES YOUR ROUTER.

SUGGEST A PROGRAM FOR ME TO USE TO MAKE A VIDEO TUTORIAL

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i am still don't get this why put LAN's IP on
/etc/hosts

but not my WAN IP which is at whatismy.com?

and what PC's IP ports are you talking about? im so confused here. maybe you can help me setup through team view bro? i will add you on my MSN.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i am still don't get this why put LAN's IP on
/etc/hosts

but not my WAN IP which is at whatismy.com?

and what PC's IP ports are you talking about? im so confused here. maybe you can help me setup through team view bro? i will add you on my MSN.

because its creating a address for the files in that ip (which is your machine)

in htdocs/config.php you would want to put your wan ip, so that the public can view that page and then everything should all connect together

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks to 343 for the PW complete pack, Drakaer and 88supra86 for all the guides. I finally made it work! I just reinstalled PW to vbox and entered the values of my local ip and wan ip. Without your help guys I wouldn't be able to do it. Now, I'm testing it. :D So happy!

I just have one question though:

How can I edit the database? My prob is I can't edit it because it's just mounted via virtual disc (magicISO). I extracted the content to a folder in my desktop but I dunno if it is possible to assign vbox to use the one in my desktop instead of the one mounted via virtual disk (MagicISO)??? Pls help T_T

Here's a link of the video
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K93bMw47zdM

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad you got it working.

If you followed 343's guide it is already on your computer.

In 343's guide you mount the iso and run
Code:
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
 cd /cdrom
 cp -R * /
What this does is copy the contents of the disc to your virtual harddrive. So you already have the server files on your vbox hdd. I'm sure you already did this though otherwise you wouldn't have been able to change the config files.

So to edit the exp rate like you were trying to do you start vbox (dont start the server yet). Then you type
Code:
nano /PWServer/gamed/ptemplate.conf
then you can edit it just like you did with interfaces.

If you prefer a GUI approach the you can use winscp or an ftp client.

You may need to install openssh first by running
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install openssh-server

Once you have done that you login to winscp using the login, password and ip of your server. It then brings up a file manager where you can browse to ptemplate.conf and right click the file and edit it. you can also transfer files to and from your windows and vbox machines.

Also you may find Notepad++ better than M$ Word for editing perfect world files in.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow!♥ You never fail to amaze me sir Drakaer! This simple things mean a lot to me. Thanks a lot for always being there to help newbies like me. I really appreciate your being very assistive! I'll try them tomorrow when my girlfriend goes out. She's here now and she doesn't want me to play.... so I'll play with her tonight. :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Currently, I'm using nano /PWServer/gamed/ptemplate.conf on vbox terminal bcoz ryt now, it's much easier for me. :D

By the way, are there 3 classes only? No Tideborn and earthguard?

Reaction score
There are 6 classes, 3 races. Its impossible currently to have tideborn and earthguard.

I don't see much point in having them anyway. Age of spirits is the best in my opinion.

Reactions: 343
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh! Got confused with the terms there @_@
Yah age of spirits really is the best bec it's what got me playing for so long! Now, a lot has changed.

Ahm maybe tideborns and earthguards have different skills, styles, etc? & my friends wanna try them also. They say it's kinda "cool". lol. It's fine if we don't have them yet. We're still hoping that someday, they would be added also :D

By the way, I just wanna ask if it is possible to put stones to Rank IX gears? They don't have "slots" for stones. Where could we edit that? Tried to search in the client the word "socket" but nothing appeared... I wish I knew where to find things.

Reaction score
Depends how you want to add them.

If you are buying from the boutique I don't think they have sockets. If you craft them then you can add sockets in the elements.data

You can also buy the item and edit the hex data of the item via pwadmin. You basically change to xml mode and copy and paste edited or generated hex.
You can use this to generate hex.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f694/item-hex-generator-711597/
Or you can edit existing hex by following my guide
http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/hexdata-guide-663918/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks I already got some idea with the help of the pictures! I want to try them now but somebody wants me to go to bed already... *sigh* I wish I learned these stuff when I was still single. :D I'll study these tomorrow.:thumbup:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
wow this page was dead for the longest time now its alive lol. thats crazy.

pzykie hopefully your server is running well now,

now to learn modifications :p google and ragezone is where you will find it :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's running but i always have to reinstall it because some things happen like my char can't log in or server network error pops up when I try to log in after editing my char thru pw admin. I just added a coin like 250,000,000 thru pwadmin and after that my char can't enter pw anymore coz world 1 auto-stops... I am currently reinstalling the server now. :D We'll am getting used to it though. I feel like an expert already. ROFL. I know these things are really basic :D I'm just happy that guys here are very helpful! I'm learning a lot. You guys are awesome! :thumbup:

Reaction score
You don't have to reinstall your server every time it fails.

If you add something to your character and the world map crashes then just remove what you added and it will be all fixed.

Also if you run backups you can easily revert back to the backups without reinstalling.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You don't have to reinstall your server every time it fails.

If you add something to your character and the world map crashes then just remove what you added and it will be all fixed.

Also if you run backups you can easily revert back to the backups without reinstalling.

this is true. if the world map crashes, go to pwAdmin and remove it. also in pocket you can only hold 200 mill

also learn about the hex editor for weapons and armor because if its done wrong you can crash the world map and have to delete the item you made

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks! I have learned to back up every important updates in my server

How can we build houses in PW?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aw got an error. I just changed server time yesternight and now this appeared:

amyone knows what's causing this problem?

Reaction score
It says right in the message:

"LAST MOUNT TIME IS IN THE FUTURE"

-- It knows that the last time the volume was mounted was in the future... which of course is physically impossible -- It's like, "the last time I turned on my PC, was tomorrow".......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I see.... That's why... Now I remembered that I changed the server time in the future i.e., August 4, 2011 last night then I changed it again to real time this morning. :D

BTW, I can't get out of hall of blasphemy. Is there any way out? I went there for the purpose of entering Hell map so that I could visit the Wizard master and learn Dark skills but I was trapped instead T_T

Back