Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Live) VBOX Bridging for over net play (Ronny1982 / Hrace009)

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
nope , he cant because we dont have the same internet providers , but this tutorial is easyer then it looks like when u figure out what you have to do

PWI

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can this tutorial works on laptop that use wi-fi connect with router if doesnt work can someone help me and tell me how to do it .
I use vbox on win7 os :)^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm having some issues with forwarding ports on my router, is it possible that you could help me out ?

Reaction score
Not to be rude but, this is the PW section... We know PW better than we know any specific router. You would probably have better luck looking in your owners/users manual, or googling your routers model number + what you want to do (in this case router model# + port forwarding)... Other than that if you really wanted help here, you haven't even provided any info so that anyone could possibly help... Like the manufacturer and model#... Again (not trying to be rude but) we know PW, we are not psychics... :wink:

So, my advice:
  • consult your owners/users manual (or any help menus from within your routers web based configuration area)
  • consult google [google~ model# + port forwarding](If that doesn't yield any results try again w/ adding the manufacturer name {google~ manufacturer name + model# + port forwarding})
  • Post the manufacturer + model# of your router here (if you want to attempt to get help from here)
:wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys,can someone teach me to do port forwarding my router is TP-LINK TL-WR740N ?

P.S:Found out how,but i cannot set as IP the server IP just my LAN IP.How to fix that?
Untitled - (Live) VBOX Bridging for over net play (Ronny1982 / Hrace009) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
guys,can someone teach me to do port forwarding my router is TP-LINK TL-WR740N ?

P.S:Found out how,but i cannot set as IP the server IP just my LAN IP.How to fix that?
View attachment 112987
because if u try pwadmin on ur providers ip it will work too , now u should try to go to DMZ and read in tutorial what u need

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
because if u try pwadmin on ur providers ip it will work too , now u should try to go to DMZ and read in tutorial what u need

still cant enter pwadmin even with provider IP,or server IP,i forwarded ports on router and firewall made the setting like in tutorial for vbox.anyone knows why?

Reaction score
You will never be able to use your WAN IP from withIN your LAN (unless you purchase HIGH END commercial grade networking hardware)...

I have said this probably a thousand times now >.<

You have two options:
* Go purchase high end commercial grade networking equipment
* ONLY use LAN IP's from within your LAN, while everyone else outside your LAN utilizes your WAN

Wouldn't hurt to read THIS too (especially if you need to learn or brush up on your networking)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You will never be able to use your WAN IP from withIN your LAN (unless you purchase HIGH END commercial grade networking hardware)...

I have said this probably a thousand times now >.<

You have two options:
* Go purchase high end commercial grade networking equipment
* ONLY use LAN IP's from within your LAN, while everyone else outside your LAN utilizes your WAN

Wouldn't hurt to read THIS too (especially if you need to learn or brush up on your networking)

ok,good,but still cant acces pwadmin :S.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey,
supra is there anyway you can add me on skype so I can show you the problem that I am experiencing. I'm not sure where I messed up but I've tried the steps about two times and followed 343's guide on basic networking. If you can just add me on skype and help me out, it would be much appreciated! Skype Name: ayonic94
Thanks in advance!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its cool and every thing but how to change my pc adress its ***.***.100.* i want to change that 100 to 1 so i can port it because my router dont take ips except the ones that start with 192.168.1.xxx

Last edited:
Reaction score
for me it dont work

This is a simple tutorial to get your vbox live to the net so people outside your network can play on your server

This is more directed towards Ronny1982 VBOX PWServer on hrace009 page http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/vbox-image-pw-1-3-a-650130/

i see alot of posts about getting that live so here is a tutorial

MAKE SURE NO OTHER SYSTEM IS USING THAT IP

HAVE YOUR SERVER OFF AT THIS POINT

\\\STEP 1\\\

Put your Vbox into Bridge Mode
Select the PWServer-hrace009 system
go to Settings (gold Gear) on the start up area
Go to Network
if not already activate check "Enable Network Adapter"
Attached to "Bridged Adapter"
Name "Select the device your getting internet from"

Click the Advanced arrow

Adapter Type: "PCnet-FAST III (Am79C973)"
Mac Address: "080027AD81AD"

and make sure you have enabled "Cable Connected"

!!!!!!!!!!!!For Latest Version of VBox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is word that you can also use NAT and enable the port forwarding that way.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\\\STEP 2\\\

in your VBOX type in terminal ifconfig

Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 08:00:27:ad:81:ad
inet addr:192.168.0.10 the rest after this doesnt matter
its the ip and the mac address you need

Now as it is a Bridged Server you need to open the ports on your firewall.

Alot of people get confused thinking its just the servers IP or the computer's IP, YOU HAVE TO PUT BOTH

example
Vbox server is 192.168.0.10
Computer running Vbox is 192.168.0.30

and add these ports 80 8080 29000 to both 192.168.0.10 AND 192.168.0.30

YOU MUST HAVE BOTH IP's registered with those ports

add those to your firewall as well

go to your Router enter your username and password

there is 2 ways of doing this.

DMZ your computer example 192.168.0.30 and enable the DMZ

Now Port Forward your server in your Port Forward area

if your server is not running 192.168.0.10 use the ip it provides
can sometimes be 192.168.0.51 but as i said this is for ronny1982 / hrace009 page and the ip is set to 192.168.0.10

TCP 29000 192.168.0.10 enable it
TCP 8080 192.168.0.10 enable it
TCP 80 192.168.0.10 enable it

Should work

OR you can if your router will allow you too is multiple forwards and you wont have to use DMZ

TCP 29000 192.168.0.30 enable it
TCP 8080 192.168.0.30 enable it
TCP 80 192.168.0.30 enable it
TCP 29000 192.168.0.10 enable it
TCP 8080 192.168.0.10 enable it
TCP 80 192.168.0.10 enable it

hope this makes sence to everyone i was playing around and found out how to work the VBox

IF YOUR RUNNING AN SMC ROUTER THERE IS A LITTLE MORE CHALLENGE TO GET PORT FORWARDING TO WORK

if I have missed anything let me know

ANOTHER THING... if your using canyouseeme.org to see if the ports are open, they will not show until you start the server from 192.168.0.10:8080/pwAdmin then it will become live to the net

\\\PROBLEM WITH IP, YOU CAN CHANGE IT\\\

is say on 8080 and 29000

I could not see your service on **.**.***.** on port (8080)
Reason: Connection refused

and

I could not see your service on **.**.***.** on port (29000)
Reason: Connection refused

why? what need i to do?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did every thing and it still doesnt work even my ports are opened but when I get to the pw admin it doesnt work lol and my winsp also doesnt work

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did every thing u said but I cant access winscp or pwadmin or anything..

I opened port using spf[simple port forwarding]

I did the interfaces and every thing using guides so it like 90% correct.

and opened bridged mode and still cant get into the pwadmin or winscp..

please help me

PWI

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!!!For Latest Version of VBox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is word that you can also use NAT and enable the port forwarding that way.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:): Could some1 make some tutorial or guide how to setup Vbox network to NAT for this release :)

Back