Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Noob Tutorial for NPC, Elements,XML Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can some one help me.im try to change this Rapture Crystal with other Materials.but i dont know how to change.

raindelian - Noob Tutorial for NPC, Elements,XML Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey nice turtorial. But my AVG 2012 Antivirus finds a virus at XMLEditor:( Don't want to accuse you for anything because you have helped me a lot but can you remove the virus so I can use the programm?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey nice turtorial. But my AVG 2012 Antivirus finds a virus at XMLEditor:( Don't want to accuse you for anything because you have helped me a lot but can you remove the virus so I can use the programm?

It's not a virus. You better ignore that "virus"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

As philiparas4 said, it is NOT a virus, it is what most call a FALSE positive. In other words, your scanner couldn't figure out what virus it actually was, so it gave out the closest match it can find from it's database. (more or less, it's how I describe it anyway). If you do a lot of editing, using programs such as this, or others that make changes to a another programs files or even registry , to only name a few, you will come across a lot of "false" positives. So when you find one, SEARCH the place you got the program from and see what others say about it. For instance, you got this program here, so, search the forums here to find what others say about it having a virus in it or not. So, please, if you find a "virus" in one of the program offered on these forums, chances are there going to be a false positive as I have NEVER found an actual virus yet. Again, SEARCH for the answer to any "virus" found on these forums..

Ok sorry, had to write some thing as I see this all over the place, not just on these forums, people need to learn to search and check out what is actually a virus or not, instead of jumping the gun..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As philiparas4 said, it is NOT a virus, it is what most call a FALSE positive. In other words, your scanner couldn't figure out what virus it actually was, so it gave out the closest match it can find from it's database. (more or less, it's how I describe it anyway). If you do a lot of editing, using programs such as this, or others that make changes to a another programs files or even registry , to only name a few, you will come across a lot of "false" positives. So when you find one, SEARCH the place you got the program from and see what others say about it. For instance, you got this program here, so, search the forums here to find what others say about it having a virus in it or not. So, please, if you find a "virus" in one of the program offered on these forums, chances are there going to be a false positive as I have NEVER found an actual virus yet. Again, SEARCH for the answer to any "virus" found on these forums..

Ok sorry, had to write some thing as I see this all over the place, not just on these forums, people need to learn to search and check out what is actually a virus or not, instead of jumping the gun..

As I said I didn't want to accuse the forum for something. And I ahd see someone saying that it is not a virus but I didn't remember where I had seen this so I asked here!!!

And I have another question.... I know that the server needs Linux but I want to use Windows for the items editing. Is that possible? And the XML Editor can't open:( , I get this error:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As I said I didn't want to accuse the forum for something. And I ahd see someone saying that it is not a virus but I didn't remember where I had seen this so I asked here!!!

And I have another question.... I know that the server needs Linux but I want to use Windows for the items editing. Is that possible? And the XML Editor can't open:( , I get this error:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items.

Give a exception for the editor. BAM! it will work after it.

Reaction score
4. Put your "npcgen.data" file (from your server)
Actually there are more then 1 "npcgen.data" from the server, u just have to choose which one that u wanna edit.
For example : if u want to edit npc, mobs in main world, u have to take "npcgen.data" from "home\gamed\config\world", and so on...
And for fresh start, i really recommended the file from sofag contents. Its located in "home\gamed\config\world\elements.data"

* : if u wanna try to edit ur existing npcgen.data from ur server (from colinux)
use this command from your root :
Code:

cp /home/gamed/config/world/npcgen.data /serv/

this will copy ur npcgen.data
from your server to ur "serv" folder. Then put it in the NPCGen Editor folder.

i use colinux and it say

cp: cannot stat ' /home/gamed/config/world/npcgen.data /serv/' : no such file or directoey

what can i do?pls help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to put in /home<=your pwserver folder name/gamed/config/world/here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Been floating along this forum for some time...

Where can I download Romulan's Item XML Creator? Thank you ahead of time

Reaction score
It can be found in Romulan's tool pack or 343's collection of pwtools. I should have mirrors of Romulan's tool pack on my mediafire account. You can find links in my signature.

Be warned. Your virus scanner will go nuts on some of the files though. They are false positives.

Romulan's second tool pack can be found here.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f694/romulan-pwtools-pack-v2-593405/

Also the xml editor used in this tutorial is old and missing things. I'd advise you to use NRG's editor and/or NbPw's octet editor instead.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a question about sEledit, or more specifically element.data. Are most of the fields still "blank" where you have to guess which of the lists correspond to them? Am not sure that Im using a old version of sEledit or not cause most of mine are blank.

Cause Im working on a table for NPCs and if someone has already done this then I don't have to worry about posting a tutorial that's already been done. Otherwise I think this would be quite helpful to others.

Back