Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rotating NPC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there a program or someway to see the cords for what position you need for the way you want your NPC rotated. other than trail and error?

iv searched forums for another topic on this and didn't find one, if there is one sorry didn't see it.. xD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i think no tool out yet try to find a npc in main world that is pointed in the direction you want then copy his position into new npc

Regards.

Reaction score
for npc's i'm using the 8 basic directions...

i'm not sure if this is a vector(x, altitude, y) or angles(Rot1, Rot2, Rot3), but each value seems to be between [-1, 1]

angel2108 - Rotating NPC's - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx both of you :) and thx ronny for the graph that helps a lot with the NPC's iv been fiddling with :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
for npc's i'm using the 8 basic directions...

i'm not sure if this is a vector(x, altitude, y) or angles(Rot1, Rot2, Rot3), but each value seems to be between [-1, 1]

angel2108 - Rotating NPC's - RaGEZONE Forums

Many many usefull! Tnx ronny!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
NPC rotation system is pretty simple (vectors).

Imagine this:
Code:
        ^ N
        |
        |
W       |       E
--------+-------->
        |
        |
        | S
Each axis can go from -1 to 1. The first value is the value on the W-E axis, the 3rd value is the value on the S-N axis.
With both value you put a point, the line from centre to this point (vector) is the way the NPC is facing. Also the default (if using 0,0,0) appears to be facing east.
The 2nd value works the same except it adds a bottom-up axis (3D).

Therefore 0,0,-0.5 is exactly the same as 0,0,-1. Same for -1,0,-1 or -0.5,0.-0.5. And 0,0,0 is the same as 1,0,0.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
NPC rotation system is pretty simple (vectors).

Imagine this:
Code:
        ^ N
        |
        |
W       |       E
--------+-------->
        |
        |
        | S
Each axis can go from -1 to 1. The first value is the value on the W-E axis, the 3rd value is the value on the S-N axis.
With both value you put a point, the line from centre to this point (vector) is the way the NPC is facing. Also the default (if using 0,0,0) appears to be facing east.
The 2nd value works the same except it adds a bottom-up axis (3D).

Therefore 0,0,-0.5 is exactly the same as 0,0,-1. Same for -1,0,-1 or -0.5,0.-0.5. And 0,0,0 is the same as 1,0,0.

I was trying to figure out what that rotation meant as well... can't believe after all this time not even Ronny knew it >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back