Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server + Client @ 1.4.2 & Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I was gonna PM ronny with this, but I need more posts before i can PM, so guess I'll just have to look like total noob in front of everyone anyways, here it is:

I was looking to use your guide to making a perfect world server.
I simply can't get started on it because I don't understand this Debian thing. I've never seen or heard of it before :S

So, I googled Debian 5.x netinstall, clicked first result. then I scrolled down to downloads..but there are so many options for download, which one do I click:
alpha, amd64,...? I really don't know

Then secondly, once I know which to download,
I need to put this onto a CD, right?
Then how do I boot my pc from a CD o.o

I don't know...as you can see I'm new to this server stuff :p
I mean I've coded before, but nothing like this, only ever done coding for websites and games -.-'

It would be great if you could help me out on anything here

Thanks

---
So, any help here?

ty

Reaction score
Well I was gonna PM ronny with this, but I need more posts before i can PM, so guess I'll just have to look like total noob in front of everyone anyways, here it is:

I was looking to use your guide to making a perfect world server.
I simply can't get started on it because I don't understand this Debian thing. I've never seen or heard of it before :S

So, I googled Debian 5.x netinstall, clicked first result. then I scrolled down to downloads..but there are so many options for download, which one do I click:
alpha, amd64,...? I really don't know

Then secondly, once I know which to download,
I need to put this onto a CD, right?
Then how do I boot my pc from a CD o.o

I don't know...as you can see I'm new to this server stuff :p
I mean I've coded before, but nothing like this, only ever done coding for websites and games -.-'

It would be great if you could help me out on anything here

Thanks

---
So, any help here?

ty

First of all I would like to kindly let you know people don't like getting PMed for help here; so it is better to post in an existing thread if one exists on topic, or create a new one. Just so you know once you're able to PM.

No question is too n00b, and wont make you look bad man; we all have to start somewhere:

aiight more back to topic:

Debain is a distribution of Linux, you can really go with any one you like the best. Personally my recommendation is Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu is Debian based; and is an excellent OS. You can download that here:

The link I provided is for 32-bit Ubuntu Server, it is in ISO format.

Now, you have two options (after you've downloaded the server OS). You can burn it to an optical disc, for use on a dedicated machine, or you can use something like VMware or VBox and simply 'mount' the ISO image, and install the OS as a 'guest system' in VMware or VBox.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem in mysql.

das7002 - Server + Client @ 1.4.2 & Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Okay so I got here now, then I pres enter on Install Ubuntu server
Then there is blank screen, then what do i do?

:?:

maybe I should have learnt more about these things before I started trying server..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this not ubuntu forums :ehh:

well no, these are forums for server development, and someone here gave the files for this ubuntu server to work with this guide on making pw server. So I think it goes in this thread.

I just thought that someone here would know what the problem is as I know that others use ubuntu

so can anyone help?

:blushing:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
have you done
apt-get update
yet?

You might still only have the basic list of packages that come with the install and not other lists yet, as apt-get is auto resolving

yes I gave the command apt-get update .-.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for the attention. I solved the problem by reinstalling the debian:rolleyes:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guyz after i installed debian were do i type that command~:apt-get update????

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

and whats better ubuntu or debian???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
at the terminal prompt type apt-get update then apt-get install filename (filename being a package as listed in ronnys origional post on this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back