Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ubuntu server guide VERY Detailed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've the same problem with pwAdmin.
softsoldier - Ubuntu server guide VERY Detailed - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
when i change it from pwAdmin to pwadmin i get that error so it has to be something related to this, check it over.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have an odd problem
When i go to it doesn't take me to phpmyadmin, instead it brings up a download window where i download a phpmyadmin file. I am not sure if i am doing one step correctly, when your supposed to add a line to apache2.conf
what should i do differently?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well i believe your missing the mod for it, im not 100% but try this
apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 and after its finished type init 6
and let it restart and it should work.
and if it still gives you this let me know, i just know back when i made this guide i started having that problem until i downloaded that mod for it.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have an odd problem
When i go to it doesn't take me to phpmyadmin, instead it brings up a download window where i download a phpmyadmin file. I am not sure if i am doing one step correctly, when your supposed to add a line to apache2.conf
what should i do differently?

well i believe your missing the mod for it, im not 100% but try this
apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 and after its finished type init 6
and let it restart and it should work.
and if it still gives you this let me know, i just know back when i made this guide i started having that problem until i downloaded that mod for it.

No... you are better off using tasksel install lamp as that gets the apache configuration set up correctly too...

BUT if you do manually install everything you have to make sure the apache configuration is correct or Apache doesn't know what to do with PHP files and spits them out at you..

old thread, still applies

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i did something diffrent in the guide, back when i first started using ubuntu all i remember doing was adding the #include into the apache2.conf and adding the handle for php, and it working like a charm.

and i definitly hope no one tries to use this as a public server, this is so un secure, and is only meant for private use.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Hey, error here.
YOU CURSED ME, BASTARD!!!!! (inside joke)

authd wont start QQ
any ideas?

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Yeah i found my error. I got java. But people, not in usr. That is my fix.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Quote " apt-get install ia32-libs "
This step fails...what do we do ? (Edit...fixed it)

But now, I am getting "Connection to mysql database failed" in PwAdmin. server starts all green....error msg says start world failed to start...and the no conn to mysql. uggggh. any ideas plz ? fixed delete plz and ty

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have the same error when i type apt-get install openssh-server
How to fix it?
Can you use team viewer please?xD

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah i found my error. I got java. But people, not in usr. That is my fix.

Hey Magic, how did you get past that error? Not understanding "people not in usr"?
Please explain thank you. Auth and Gserver not loading (and error says "start map failed to load")

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I have the same error when i type apt-get install openssh-server
How to fix it?
Can you use team viewer please?xD
I googled my (a similiar) error msg about the apt-get and found this page:

might have an answer to your error as well...

Okies....new error (faceplants)

/gamedbd keeps shutting down...resulting in client "failed to acquire character data"
I tried "cd /PWServer/gamedbd; ./gamedbd gamesys.conf"
and often /gamedb crashes with the message:
"segmentation fault" I am thinking it has something to do with character templates...or possibly corrupt DB...I've poked around in phpmyAdmin and I see only 8 databases for pw....I see user account data...but no data that suggests character info.. 0.o

Anyone have a clue as to what I can do to fix it ?

Last edited:
PW Dev <3
Reaction score
When i said "But people, not in usr" i meant my Java wasn't in usr. Let me upload my java service for you.

Instructions:

Go to your home directory (root).
Find usr.
Copy the java folder to there. Overwrite if nessesary.

Done ^^ good luck, hope it works. It should work. It fixed my problem...

LINK FOR JAVA FILES:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When i said "But people, not in usr" i meant my Java wasn't in usr. Let me upload my java service for you.

Instructions:

Go to your home directory (root).
Find usr.
Copy the java folder to there. Overwrite if nessesary.

Done ^^ good luck, hope it works. It should work. It fixed my problem...

LINK FOR JAVA FILES:

And I thank you very much. Indeed that has fixed the problem. Server all green...even the msql is connecting now !! I can access server controls...add characters...etc. Much respect to you Magic.

Now just a matter of getting the client to connect...I've been reading about the different clients...ways to downgrade...but as of today..it seems confusing to me.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Np ^^ got skype? I had like 20 problems with downgrading and i can show you the right way to do it.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Code:
apt-get install sun-java6-jdk libmysql-java
and then just remove all path specifications and let the system decide where to look for java. maybe you need to link the libmysql-java.jar in the jetty lib folders.. dunno exactly because i always prefer the newer jetty that comes with debian/ubuntu instead of the one delivered by pwAdmin and set it up manually.

Back