Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ubuntu server guide VERY Detailed

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Code:
apt-get install sun-java6-jdk libmysql-java
and then just remove all path specifications and let the system decide where to look for java. maybe you need to link the libmysql-java.jar in the jetty lib folders.. dunno exactly because i always prefer the newer jetty that comes with debian/ubuntu instead of the one delivered by pwAdmin and set it up manually.

Well yeah... that is the best choice, most of the hard linked paths are from the archaic times when two different Java versions were needed...

Now just letting it call `java` all on its own is a better idea, I personally prefer using tomcat though as it has amazing support for integration with Apache (you technically can do it with Jetty though...)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any chance u upload the client tut?
i duno which client guide i should use with your server tut.
thanks

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
any client will work if its downgraded but ill upload the full client that i made for this server guide, i wont be able to write a tut for it because i got a job and i cant find any time to write one since i work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and only get 4 hours to myself, and a few to sleep and i charish those 4 hours.
uploading now. i will add it in the next post and on the front pag

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have success make the server on but i have problem at client side.
i dunno how to create the client. btw the tut that u make working on which client? it will be more helpful if u post tut for client side. ill waiting your post soon. thanks for great tutorial.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi i have a problem
when i type the line
apt-get install openssh-server
it will give me a error saying
the pakage openssh-server is not available, but is reffered to by another pakage
This may mean the package is missing, has been obselated, or is only available from another source

what should i do to fix that?????????? help me please

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
arvycabel try to test your internet connection in it,
type
ping and see if it pings it, then hit control c to stop it.
redmax im reuploading the client should have it finished today if everything goes well.

heres the client

read the first page for instructions if you dont know how to use the client with the server.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've followed the guide, But, Manually. All seems well, No problem with commands or moving and editing files.
I've checked the files to make sure they're in the correct location and that they're edited correctly. But, IP Address):8080/ isn't loading for me. And, The command ./jetty start is invalid or not found.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've followed the guide, But, Manually. All seems well, No problem with commands or moving and editing files.
I've checked the files to make sure they're in the correct location and that they're edited correctly. But, IP Address):8080/ isn't loading for me. And, The command ./jetty start is invalid or not found.

Well of course you wont be able access pwAdmin if jetty isn't started. Are you running the command "./jetty start" in the jetty folder or in the root directory? CD to the jetty directory and then run the command. If it still doesn't work then run "ls" to display the list of files and make sure jetty is there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well of course you wont be able access pwAdmin if jetty isn't started. Are you running the command "./jetty start" in the jetty folder or in the root directory? CD to the jetty directory and then run the command. If it still doesn't work then run "ls" to display the list of files and make sure jetty is there.

Simply "./jetty start" (Or "sudo ./jetty start" for root access) within Terminal.

Edit: Okay, jetty started this time when I tried to start it manually from It's directory. (I was trying to start it from Terminal before) But, Instead of getting a "connection failed" message from my browser at the :8080 this time, I just get an HTTP Error 500 with a really long code about java refused from jetty.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
heh, well good to hear i've recently quit developing for perfect world since really the community here died and i dont wanna go to rising moon since seems like alot to share information heh, anyways good luck with what ever your doing i uploaded the client so you can connect to it easily. the client also comes with my updated elements.data and a few other things that you can add to the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why its saying client to old please update when your pressong O button?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
your gshop is out of date
throw your clients gshop.data into the servers pwserver/gamed/configs/ folder and restart the game server
then it will work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Quote " apt-get install ia32-libs "
This step fails...what do we do ? (Edit...fixed it)

i'm just wondering how you fixed that problem when ever i typ "apt-get install ia32-libs" i get E:unable to locate package ia32-libs :/ o.o

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi soft
can u give me the gshop thing?
i cant find any gshop in element/data/server
only aipolicy.data,elements.data, tasks.data there is no gshop.data
i also try to use gshop.data frm PerfectWorld\element\data
when i restart my game server my map server will not responding and appear offline

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
weird, that was my working client.

give this one a try if anything i can probly get you the stock one from the old old clients.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone can help me with my "E:unable to locate package ia32-libs" problem D:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sorry acid rayne i didnt see your post above his, are you using the same linux server that i posted above? if your running a 64bit machine it should work if your running a 32bit ubuntu server then you wont need it

you can try
apt-get update
then try that command again.

Back