Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

An opportunity for the section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes, all new and old models work with my code. I also have mounts working for the most part as well. I am still very interested in opening up my project with this community, and hopefully breathing some new life into this section since it is for the most part, dead.

you can make the files available to the community? it would be very good at all, several people could work upon your wonderful project , add me in Skype extremewb or send you skype in PM, this is a major breakthrough for the community :D:thumbup:

Eda

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can't apparently use the mask.dds files in the pre-alpha client because there are 4 images in just one file... you know which one of the dds formats is the right one for the pre-alpha? since there are more than just one.

Reaction score
So, then I will ask one final single question. Would you guys rather I put together a vanilla alpha release? I would build a guide as well on how to not only run the server, but some customization stuff too. Or, Should I open up my SoulHunterZ project and get the community involved in it and all of us work on it together. I would still build Guides, but I would go deeper within the data files, I would also release a translated CoreTool here, and guides on how the world editing works.

Eda

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, then I will ask one final single question. Would you guys rather I put together a vanilla alpha release? I would build a guide as well on how to not only run the server, but some customization stuff too. Or, Should I open up my SoulHunterZ project and get the community involved in it and all of us work on it together. I would still build Guides, but I would go deeper within the data files, I would also release a translated CoreTool here, and guides on how the world editing works.

The second idea's probably better since we already have the original alpha files guide over here which is still working.

Good to be back.
Reaction score
OMG! Really excited for your plans cmb and Eda! Goodluck to the both of you, ill be watching you guys.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think that's correct, it was all work together in a way, of course we all have in our goals, and pending business, and projects we want to finish, I think the community would be very RaiderZ Benefited with these files and their tutorials, as well each one could design new things, and publish in the Community for those who liked the cool idea grab and put on your Project, its a Greatest Ideia

WoW CoreTool working its a Amazing Idea, Edit and Create New Maps , I love Mapper , New Maps to community Comming hehe

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
Can confirm cmb's going to release this; I was one of the other people working on SoulHunterZ and I gave him my blessing to release it on these forums.

You guys are going to be astounded with how much big things we've integrated into one small project over the course of 2 years.

Also, it has support for:
-ELUs up to version 0x5014.
-Items that evolve with XP
-ELU.ANIs up to version 0x12.
-The new format ELU cloth (.clt) files
-Most of the new item fields
-A username/password login system.
-A locator, similar to how GunZ is set up. It handles locating the GameServers and is built into LoginServer.
-Almost fully translated Vexilion (Content Editor) and crash-free CoreToolRS3 (Field/CutScene/Zone Editor)
-Hashed/Salted PW/AccountDB
-Content is mostly the same, colts copied from the Bola release, not all of them work.
-Exploit fixes scattered throughout code.
-A launcher/patcher that reads from the GunZ Patch Builder's patch.xml

Known issues:
-Shields/blocking is wonky, never figured the problem out. As a work around blocking reduces damage taken by 50% while in the block animation.
-Rotation on ELU.ANIs was never totally figured out. Some character models have issues and some hitboxes are wacky.
-Collision on some objects is fucked entirely if you don't use the alpha assets for MapObjects. I believe this is ELU related but I never figured out the problem entirely.

I believe the plan is for a full source release exclusively for the community at RaGEZONE. So enjoy :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back