Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Warning for all server owners

Reaction score
Well, Im sure you all know that I've talked about the protection of these files, how there is no auth system etc... Well I made another discovery today, while I was Ducking around with that Rawr Raiderz server. It is a rather shocking discovery and left unchallenged, will destroy ALL RaiderZ private servers.

Some of you know about the in-game console? In case you didn't you can access it with Ctrl+~ (tilde) which then you can enter commands into. Some are normal commands, others are GM commands which obviously only GMs should be able to run. This is not the case though, I tried a few of these GM commands on that server, first using Exile's own account, then after I decided to show them how little protection there is, they decided to make threats. Fine, I will just show you all the commands you will need to wreak any sort of havok on ANY RaiderZ private server.

First off you want to open up the console, the next part is really easy; all you gotta type is
Code:
setme grade 3

now you can experiment and do whatever, honestly Im not even sure if this line is needed, you could probably just start running any old command you want. Oh yea I almost forgot, to get the command list type
Code:
help
inside the console, the command descriptions are all in korean, so if you know how to read it, good for you, otherwise experiment a bit ;) Oh yea, last but not least, wreak havok. As there is no way this problem will get fixed, especially when noobs are running the server

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah TBH the only way I can see fixing this is re-mapping out all of MComamnd but on this new engine, so we can control packets. (Server DLL that detours some functions to disable x packets, not hard just the actual learning of the new MCommand that is)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
that is great and all, but one can simply just use the older exe

haha,,, this is wrong,,,,

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Can do a lot of effect
cmb - A Warning for all server owners - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
that is great and all, but one can simply just use the older exe

We can make a launcher that MD5 Checks the Client.
However IT DOES NOT protect us from users who can bypass our launcher :p

@cmd
Idk but in my server, ctrl+~ works but inputting any command doesn't affect the game nor the database at all.
example if I input @setme grade 3
No effect.

Hmm.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
We can make a launcher that MD5 Checks the Client.
However IT DOES NOT protect us from users who can bypass our launcher :p

@cmd
Idk but in my server, ctrl+~ works but inputting any command doesn't affect the game nor the database at all.
example if I input @setme grade 3
No effect.

Hmm.

no @......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol. it's sad that som1 wanna crash or hack my server, since im the first server. while having a group of members.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

and then posting in a section to help people out how to make it work, and them trying to hack it. ROLF. SAD?

Reaction score
Gotta agree, this post shouldnt even be welcome on Ragezone. only point to this like the OP said is wreak havok? Which is not spelled right but still, Jealous much? xD

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This kind of post is both GOOD and bad for the community.
Good because we now know that there is something that can f**k up someones servers, it is a command, and all we need to do is disable it. Save people from homos trying to wreck servers.

Bad because it it can be used for wrong doing.

It's more GOOD than bad.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well it is funny and it is easilly fixed by changing all commands on serverside files to a custom set of commands. It only takes a minute to do these changes and completely blocks out any attempt even if a person tries to send out commands to server.

So for that warning, i suppose that only if you are a complete Special person then it is something dangerous with it.

Reaction score
Well it is funny and it is easilly fixed by changing all commands on serverside files to a custom set of commands. It only takes a minute to do these changes and completely blocks out any attempt even if a person tries to send out commands to server.

So for that warning, i suppose that only if you are a complete Special person then it is something dangerous with it.

lol, the commands are built into the client and the gameserver, it isn't as simple as editing a few files

and I really don't care how people use this security hole, hence why it is here

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

well if it is so easy for you,would you mind sharing it with us?or posting a guide,would help alot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol i had a bet with a friend saying that wonder if the next post in this thread will be show us how to do that.
No im not going to show you how to do it. Use your brain alittle and you will figure it out. It is not hard doing it and it can be done with 2 simple methods. And they are..

1 Debugging
2 Packet interception

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All server owners?! Are there any server yet? I saw one in the private server section, but as i know it got hacked or sth like this. I'd gladly ask to make a section for RiderZ pservers or at least thread.
Thanks in advance!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Interesting where i can found the files to test? i think i can make a special server only modding. Also, have this game source codes to compile the tools like object and maps creator.?

Back