Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RaiderZ Launcher v2 (checks ID/Pass)

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only problem with that script is that you will lose all account data. Like I think you would want to keep aibeast in there.

EDIT: Eh, I don't think it would matter. you can always make a new character and make it a GM.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I keep getting this error:

What can it be?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
yea thats what i did.

Edit:
Updated launcher to version 6 now gets how many players are online, and playing.

Don't do that. DO NOT MAKE THE LAUNCHER CONNECT TO THE DATABASE!

It's a high security risk for your server to even allow remote connections to your database engine. Anyone with a half brain can decompile / spoof your launcher's memory to get the login details since they are saved into CLEAR TEXT!!

Edit: I just noticed you save your mssql details in an ini file, in clear text. Thank you for making everyone place their database on a plate for script kiddies.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
making the launcher check md5 on client is pretty useless since it only takes 1 login to get the hashed password using a sniffer then you can completely bypass the launcher and use whatever client you want. Best method of blocking other clients is to do what i did on my client and change the protocol of the packets so server wont accept other clients packets.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, you followed all the steps of opening the video but I get the following Laucher poster

jWlSi - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

When I click OK get this

Eesyh - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

I think that's the url for updates...

heal (? thanks

Use google traslator :$

Attachments

Reaction score
Don't do that. DO NOT MAKE THE LAUNCHER CONNECT TO THE DATABASE!

It's a high security risk for your server to even allow remote connections to your database engine. Anyone with a half brain can decompile / spoof your launcher's memory to get the login details since they are saved into CLEAR TEXT!!

Edit: I just noticed you save your mssql details in an ini file, in clear text. Thank you for making everyone place their database on a plate for script kiddies.

I know it's a high risk. That's why i also released the source so people can compile their DB information inside the .exe, and protect their .exe with themida or something. The .ini is for those who wants to quickly test if the launcher would connect to their DB, and for those who don't have VB6.

The MSSQL details that you see in the .ini is not my login or my ip lol i just bs all that so people can have an idea of what to fill out.

Hello, you followed all the steps of opening the video but I get the following Laucher poster

jWlSi - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

When I click OK get this

I think that's the url for updates...

heal (? thanks

Use google traslator :$

The launcher is set to only launcher Raiderz.exe with a specific MD5. If you are using a different Raiderz.exe then use the default one that was in the .rar. If you want to use your own Raiderz.exe then open the launcher source with VB6 search for launch Raiderz.exe and change the MD5.

What can it be?

Something is wrong with your DB information. Run TCPViewer, and find "sqlsrv" or something similar to that name get the TCP port example:7788 put that as your SQLPort, and make sure your login details are correct.

Attachments

Last edited:
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I know it's a high risk. That's why i also released the source so people can compile their DB information inside the .exe, and protect their .exe with themida or something. The .ini is for those who wants to quickly test if the launcher would connect to their DB, and for those who don't have VB6.

The MSSQL details that you see in the .ini is not my login or my ip lol i just bs all that so people can have an idea of what to fill out.

The launcher is set to only launcher Raiderz.exe with a specific MD5. If you are using a different Raiderz.exe then use the default one that was in the .rar. If you want to use your own Raiderz.exe then open the launcher source with VB6 search for launch Raiderz.exe and change the MD5.

Something is wrong with your DB information. Run TCPViewer, and find "sqlsrv" or something similar to that name get the TCP port example:7788 put that as your SQLPort, and make sure your login details are correct.

Yet again the details are saved in the app in clear text then even with themida or any other obfuscator you can still sniff the memory with any debugger.

Best Solution: Create a webscript that connects to the db and returns you the player count and you only call it from the launcher.

Reaction score
Yet again the details are saved in the app in clear text then even with themida or any other obfuscator you can still sniff the memory with any debugger.

Best Solution: Create a webscript that connects to the db and returns you the player count and you only call it from the launcher.

I already thought of that. I would have to remove the launcher with user/pass check since the launcher connects to DB, and checks if the account info is correct then launches the game. There is an alternative way though a web script for login then after login the launcher would remember the login id ex: session_id then when the user click start game (web game launcher) it would execute raiderz.exe login session_id.

I tried making a web game launcher with vbscript, and hta it worked, but it only works on a local pc due to security reasons. For people browsing to the web game launcher it would display a blank.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Raiderz.exe = 3098=#8778|,68#0_76-=7-9-26_65|7
PkZE2 - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

Laucher = 3098=#8778|,68#0_76-=7-9-26_65|7
a8cGy - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

Always happens when you open the launcher closes... :/

Attachments

Reaction score
Raiderz.exe = 3098=#8778|,68#0_76-=7-9-26_65|7
PkZE2 - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

Laucher = 3098=#8778|,68#0_76-=7-9-26_65|7
a8cGy - RaiderZ Launcher v2  (checks ID/Pass) - RaGEZONE Forums

Always happens when you open the launcher closes... :/

o_o that is not my launcher source/launcher lol that launcher is Phant0m's.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What can it be?

Same here,

I'm kinda confused as to how you would setup your IP's

e.g. using an ODBC - so should my SQL.ini look like this?

Driver = SQL Server Native Client 10.0
SQLHost = Dedi WAN IP
SQLPort = SQL port
DataSource = ODBC connection name

wait a minute...SQL host...aha! "WAN-IP\Instance,port"? *shrugs*

I know this whole launcher business is insecure but I'd like to get cracking on customizing in game poop so for the time being im not concerned bout security.

Back