Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RaiderZ Source Code / Maiet SDK and Client

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Shame to see this public. Although it might be useful to some developers, this could cause a lot of pservers(mostly crappy) to be created, which would in turn negatively affect RaiderZ players.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can use premiumize.me to download all that link with idm free of charge :)

3 Files Inside
Maiet SDK.rar :eek:tt:
RaiderZ_Develop.rar :eek:tt:
Raiderz_Intl_20110531.exe :eek:tt:

I also made a torrent :blush:
i have no idea on creating a server like this but i love the game :)

Thanks for the torrent , tho no seeders =))

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Shame to see this public. Although it might be useful to some developers, this could cause a lot of pservers(mostly crappy) to be created, which would in turn negatively affect RaiderZ players.

I've seen that argument a lot, but will a crappy P-serv take away much from the guys like yourself who have put in serious work and built decent ones? - it may bleed off a few people, but since the new ones will all be homogeneous without the necessary skill set to actually develop something innovative they will likely either try setting up their own to power play on, straight out fail in a competitive market, or give up and return to the ones that are more innovative/current.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've seen that argument a lot, but will a crappy P-serv take away much from the guys like yourself who have put in serious work and built decent ones? - it may bleed off a few people, but since the new ones will all be homogeneous without the necessary skill set to actually develop something innovative they will likely either try setting up their own to power play on, straight out fail in a competitive market, or give up and return to the ones that are more innovative/current.

Player joins pserver with 1000x rates -> maxes out character -> gets bored and quits game all together.

Playing more challenging servers isn't as fun when you've already maxed out everything possible in a day's time. Also, look at games with source code leaked. Flyff for example has many servers with > 50 players online at all times, even though most of them haven't developed much at all. If there are 30 servers with > 50 players online at all times(this isn't a stretch for Flyff), that's 1,500 players having a mediocre experience at all times. The US Flyff servers only have like 4 clusters with 500-1000 on each, so these fail servers really take away from the player base.

I ran the top Flyff server for awhile and it had around 500 players online average. This may seem like a lot, but there were 5+ with similar numbers. When my server dropped, the other top private servers took most of the players. Note only one of these "top servers" spends a significant percentage of the donations on improving their game(in development, hardware, and management). I alone spent easily 5x the amount of time developing my server than the next most developed spent. Most of my changes weren't fancy features, but code improvement to make a more stable environment.

Overall, I don't approve of any private server unless it's at least near to the gameplay quality that the official publisher offers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I ran the top Flyff server for awhile and it had around 500 players online average. This may seem like a lot, but there were 5+ with similar numbers. When my server dropped, the other top private servers took most of the players. Note only one of these "top servers" spends a significant percentage of the donations on improving their game(in development, hardware, and management). I alone spent easily 5x the amount of time developing my server than the next most developed spent. Most of my changes weren't fancy features, but code improvement to make a more stable environment.

Thanks for that, I've never run a p-serv at all so I never thought about how people joining private servers have lower expectations so will accept mediocrity far more willingly than those on the legit servers, which makes sense I guess but I never expected it to be quite so pronounced. Does that mean that p-serv players are more interested in less restrictive environments and easier levelling than innovation?

Edit - Has anyone chopped up a game and changed it to step outside the way the original server plays that you know of and did it work or are players really just seeking the same game but faster?

Reaction score
awesome, so this got out eh? After the whole spiel I had with SecretsOfThePast before? telling him that this was a horrible idea? Oh well...since this is out now, and instead of everyone running around with like headless chickens, I'm gonna set up a community project and will lead it. I have done a good deal of work to this code over the time I have had it and will share most of it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
awesome, so this got out eh? After the whole spiel I had with SecretsOfThePast before? telling him that this was a horrible idea? Oh well...since this is out now, and instead of everyone running around with like headless chickens, I'm gonna set up a community project and will lead it. I have done a good deal of work to this code over the time I have had it and will share most of it.
What ? You coded som.ething ? After all your project that died by 2 days, you are telling us you worked your assof like a chinese awaiting his cup of rize? Pardon my irony, just remembering your numerous sucessful WoW emulation projects. XD

Reaction score
What ? You coded som.ething ? After all your project that died by 2 days, you are telling us you worked your assof like a chinese awaiting his cup of rize? Pardon my irony, just remembering your numerous sucessful WoW emulation projects. XD

lol, gg bro. You are only slightly correct about my past, but I really couldn't care what you think bro, this topic isnt about me but rather the release of raiderz source code.

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunate that this was released. It will hurt MAIET and PWE a lot.

The only good thing that come out of this will be a community project. Don't duck this up by making it a greed-based project.

@person telling cmb that he did nothing... no, him and I collaberated on reversing the new ELU format (0x5013) and the new ani (0x1011-0x1103) format, so he's certainly done something regardless of his past, and probably more than you have.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only good thing that come out of this will be a community project. Don't duck this up by making it a greed-based project.

True. I'd love to see a good community project out of this! It'd be fun to see what people can add to this game to make it even better.

-I love this game (mainly the fight together or die alone slogan) minus the unchanging grinding.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Does that mean that p-serv players are more interested in less restrictive environments and easier levelling than innovation?

By far, I can't stress this enough. This is one of the reasons why I would greatly prefer to work on official game development. The players on private servers just want a shortcut to the end of the game.

Edit - Has anyone chopped up a game and changed it to step outside the way the original server plays that you know of and did it work or are players really just seeking the same game but faster?

I've never seen a private server successfully change core concepts of the original game. My private server featured many improvements over officials including extended PvP, class balance, improved peer-to-peer interaction mediums(such as a dungeon finder), impartial community management, improved graphic rendering, and many major glitch fixes. However, I still kept the combat system and art assets in tact. I would imagine it's possible to modify the core aspects of the original game, but it probably would be a better idea to just start from scratch and reference the original game's code. This takes huge amounts of time(years for a single person), but it could be a much better game after it was completed and possibly even fully legal.

This sounds good, however you should be careful... I don't recommend setting up a public repository with a project like this considering it could draw MAIET or PWE's attention to you(or whoever creates it). I don't want to see another Blizzard v. BNETD case...

There are few people who really know what they do with these files.

Well it's not like it's difficult to compile them. It's much easier to make a successful server with source code access than to make a server with just executable access. Regardless of your experience.

Your point does stand, but the same point applies to any release here.

@motie
stop crying, if you're bothered with these leaked files, exit the Forum.

Haven't we already been through this before? I don't see how you can so easily agree with years of private work being leaked unless you're just interested in making money off of it. Seriously, there are positives to this, but there are also significant negatives for both developers and players. You have no sense of ethics if you don't see that.

Reaction score
This sounds good, however you should be careful... I don't recommend setting up a public repository with a project like this considering it could draw MAIET or PWE's attention to you(or whoever creates it). I don't want to see another Blizzard v. BNETD case...

I agree, which is why im actually hesitant to do it. I may just say screw it and post it tonight, as I am very interested in leading the community project. So we will see...

Good to be back.
Reaction score
MIRROR 25 PARTS POWERED BY MEDIAFIRE ;) :p

Back