Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to Compile the Source

Reaction score
Hi, lots of people have asked this question for quite some time now. Well, I have finally decided to write up a simple little tutorial to compile the source. The code for the most part compiles directly out-of-the-box as long as you know what to open and which configs to compile. This tutorial assumes you already have downloaded the source code and the sdk. If you have not, here are the mega links.
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]Maiet SDK.rar (1.92 GB)[/COLOR]
[URL]https://mega.co.nz/#%219pQgxLIR%21Bu2qZGy4qLV45oD8A6ta7XQ_yDBzkSd8RPtR9HOkCPU[/URL]
[COLOR=#333333]RaiderZ_Develop.7z (959.8 MB)[/COLOR]
[URL]https://mega.co.nz/#%215xYhxBAJ%21DI35o2UhZDd3rp5ypEDP6WI5bQJ8xJKvRZAMJujSi9w[/URL]
SoulHunterZ SVN
[URL]https://xp-dev.com/svn/SHZPublicDev[/URL]

Make sure your root folder structure is set up like this.
cmb - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

We will first compile the Client. Go into Develop/Game. Inside the folder create a SVNRevision.h file and fill it with what is below.
Code:
#pragma once

#define SVN_REVISION "28451"
#define SVN_DATE "2011-05-30 ¿ÀÈÄ 11:54:46"

To make this build very easy, I recommend using Microsoft's AppLocale to put Visual Studio 2008 using the korean locale. (so we can read comments, and it is more like their environment) I will give a simple picture by picture how-to below.

f5bRt7K - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
uXcXkEh - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

ythXHhW - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Code:
This last part is optional, I make a shortcut because it makes it easier to go back to it. Just click finish and it will open.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SP1 INSTALLED!
If you do not know if you do or not, goto Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio and these will show up under your Installed Products. They may be far down on the list for you or not.
avkVnu2 - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Open Game.sln from the Develop/Game folder using the newly opened Visual Studio. The Solution Explorer should be open, right click the GameLib Project and click Properties. This will take you to the Project Properties Window. Click the arrow next to Build Events, then click on Pre-Build Event. Make sure Excluded from Build is set to Yes.

Click Ok, and now we are ready to build. There are a lot of different build configurations, but there are only 3 we will ever care about. (Debug, Release, Release_publish)
Select the Release config. And then Click Build->Rebuild Solution.

Give it a bit of time, and if you followed directions properly, this will show up.

Next Open Develop/Server/AppServer/AppServer_App.sln using the same visual studio.
Set the Build Configuration to Release, next Open CSFormatString.cpp on line 19
Code:
AString::Split(strParam, strSeparator, vecParam);
add crl:: infront of it so it will look like this,
Code:
crl::AString::Split(strParam, strSeparator, vecParam);

Next, Right click CSCommon and click Properties, and then click Librarian. Add
Code:
../crl/Lib/crlMD.lib
to the Additional Dependencies box.
wcmiqCX - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Click Ok, and then Rebuild the Solution. Wait again for a bit of time, and this should be the result.
0ESUwwa - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Now open Develop/Server/GameServer/GameServer_App.sln with the same Visual Studio, First You want to copy and paste the SVNRevision.h file you made from the Develop/Game folder into the Develop/Server/GameServer/app folder. Then Go into the GameServer_app Project properties inside Visual Studio and make the the Pre-Build event is Excluded from the build.
kzOi3xc - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Click ok, Make sure you are set to the Release build configuration, then you click Build Solution. If you have been following along, you should get.
bSMB6RB - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Next Open Develop/Server/LoginServer/LoginServer_App.sln using the same Visual Studio ofcourse. Next make sure the Build Configuration is set to Release, then you click Build Solution. You will end up with this.
uEXyrrB - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Now Open Develop/Server/MasterServer/MasterServer_App.sln with once more the same visual studio. Make sure the Build Config is set to Release, and then Build the Solution. You will end up with the same thing,
uEXyrrB - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

That's It! Everything should now be built. The Exes all go to Develop/Game/Runtime.
nSsyRyk - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Inside the Dev Folder are the server Exes. I hope this tutorial works for you, if you have any questions please go ahead and ask them.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Do you know how much I love you? <3 Compiled just fine btw :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey mate. I want to thank you for typing up this tutorial, as my very first post here. It's very much appreciated.
However, I did compile it, have the server and game .exe's, but they're each giving me .dll errors. Mind giving some helpful advice?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, when i compile the first step, i got this error in the end:

And this:

Anyone can help me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm yes, i need to exclude GameLib to pre-build Event.
when i check the properties of GameLib, the pre-build event is set to Yes on exclude:

But when i build the solution, i got the same error.

i dont know why it dont work ..

Reaction score
why i just only less can build? the first one have 10 error 2 warming,and other is more.
many .h file is have error or miss sth.
can you show us more and more than this ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm yes, i need to exclude GameLib to pre-build Event.
when i check the properties of GameLib, the pre-build event is set to Yes on exclude:

But when i build the solution, i got the same error.

i dont know why it dont work ..

u need to make sure Excluded from Build is set to Yes
& select the Release config:Release_publish 1.PNG - [Guide] How to Compile the Source - RaGEZONE Forums (who can tell me how to set this attach size?)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am new to the area, it becomes the full game for creation? as in Muonline

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Because you didnt follow the directions. You have to exclude the Pre-Build Event.

CMB, I got that same error Chouya, followed all the steps of the tutorial, but it's time to test if it works these errors appears, follow all the detailed tutorial, I marked the Pre-Build Event. Make sure Excluded from Build is Set to Yes and yet still these errors please help us? is there any way to fix this?

Reaction score
CMB, I got that same error Chouya, followed all the steps of the tutorial, but it's time to test if it works these errors appears, follow all the detailed tutorial, I marked the Pre-Build Event. Make sure Excluded from Build is Set to Yes and yet still these errors please help us? is there any way to fix this?

The error you have is unrelated to the exclusion of the build event. You are probably not within the Korean Locale environment, as that error has to do with some unicode characters that become garbage when turned into the standard ANSI characters.

Reaction score
Followed the guide and getting these errors.

Error 2 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmock/gmock.h': No such file or directory d:\RaiderZ\Develop\CSCommon\include\CSGoogleMockListener.h 3

Error 91 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PmDef.h': No such file or directory d:\raiderz\develop\server\gameserver\main\gplayerobject.h 9

Error 17 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PMPMSConnector.h': No such file or directory d:\raiderz\develop\server\gameserver\main\gpmssystem.h 3

Reaction score
Followed the guide and getting these errors.

Error 2 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmock/gmock.h': No such file or directory d:\RaiderZ\Develop\CSCommon\include\CSGoogleMockListener.h 3

Error 91 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PmDef.h': No such file or directory d:\raiderz\develop\server\gameserver\main\gplayerobject.h 9

Error 17 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PMPMSConnector.h': No such file or directory d:\raiderz\develop\server\gameserver\main\gpmssystem.h 3

I may have forgotten about that step, but others have said they were able to successfully compile the code using the tutorial. Regardless, make sure you have the following lines in your C/C++->General->Additional Include Directories

Code:
For CSCommon
../../sdk/gtest/gmock-1.4.0/include
../../sdk/gtest/gtest-1.4.0/include

For the GameServer
../../Pmang

Reaction score
Thanks for the swift response, I think that was my fault, as I was trying to compile it in Debug not ReleaseMD. Required sdk's are not linked in the debug version :) Long day so I totally overstepped that part

Can you tell me what the difference between the SVN Develop Folder is to the zipped one?

Reaction score
Thanks for the swift response, I think that was my fault, as I was trying to compile it in Debug not ReleaseMD. Required sdk's are not linked in the debug version :) Long day so I totally overstepped that part

Can you tell me what the difference between the SVN Develop Folder is to the zipped one?

The SVN includes some extra stuff, like Item XP, and a couple other features but it was meant to be used to build a sort of brand new game. If you are looking to run a server asap or something then use the RAR'd file, but If you are wanting to spend a significant amount of time developing on the game use the SVN as it is actually further along than the RAR'd version.

Reaction score
I am looking into some serious development time. So i will check the SVN after getting the servers running from the rar'd Do have a link to the data the servers need, along with backed up MSSQL databases?

I cannot find a working link to the complete client + data
Same for the server files.

Back