Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Compiled in the EXEs? Bingo.
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]void[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]XConsoleCmds[/COLOR]::InitGMCmds()

Before we go any further... may I ask if you've even seen the source code itself yet? No? Okay :cool:
If your answer was actually "yes", my bad; but you're judging low-level code with a high-level perspective!

It's a feature, not a bug :rolleyes:

No kidding? Yes to seeing the source code, besides anyone worth two cents can see the flaws in the programming without even needing a visual of the source. Like... let's use this example... Why does every server require a bunch of the same files to operate (xptable etc etc). That is piss poor programming. For one that is strictly gameserver.exe stuff. And for some reason all servers were programmed to require those .xmls... Ok fair enough but why not use a central library?

As I stated in my response I believe gm commands are in the exe itself.

Please be constructive in your responses.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
..why not use a central library?
It's much cheaper for MAIET to pack in more RAM, than to expend expensive programmer resources on saving it.
In any case, the amount saved would be negligible, and increases the possibility of breaking unit tests.

If it works, don't fix it ( ). That is the corporate mantra.
Besides, the only reason you'd be stingy with RAM, is if you're trying to run Windows on 512MB.

Please be constructive in your responses.
You ask the right questions, and I'll give right answers up to the extent I feel comfortable with.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Lol, at least give credit to the original setup guide which you just copied everything, including the images...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol, at least give credit to the original setup guide which you just copied everything, including the images...

Yes I did give credit, and also added more images. Some parts of the existing guides were confusing to members based on the thread responses.

Is that error I posted fixed already :p ?

I have been trying to replicate the issue you are having, and not able to do so on any of my environments. What environment are you trying to run the server in?

It's much cheaper for MAIET to pack in more RAM, than to expend expensive programmer resources on saving it.
In any case, the amount saved would be negligible, and increases the possibility of breaking unit tests.

If it works, don't fix it ( ). That is the corporate mantra.
Besides, the only reason you'd be stingy with RAM, is if you're trying to run Windows on 512MB.

You ask the right questions, and I'll give right answers up to the extent I feel comfortable with.

I don't have much to say to this I think you are misunderstanding, it's not a matter of ram, it's a matter of organization. There would be no increase in cost considering there would be no increase in programming??? Just simply moving all the same include files into one location.

I didn't say anything like making dll includes or compiling more lines into the executable. Like I sad it's an organization thing - the way things are set up is elementary compared to other server and game server like architectures.

I'm not hating on you, I'm just making sure we get on the same page.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's not a matter of ram
The entire C/C++ concept of "libraries" is to either save compiling time, HDD and/or RAM.

it's a matter of organization
...Ok fair enough but why not use a central library?
There have been no complaints about compilation time (binaries, meh) and HDD is dirt cheap.
It's a matter of RAM; please do note what I wrote a paragraph ago :rolleyes: So... RAM? Yeah. Here be RAM: RAM In Peace. Amen.
There would be no increase in cost considering there would be no increase in programming??? Just simply moving all the same include files into one location.
It's my first time. Asking this. Please be gentle... are you a... programmer?

I didn't say anything like making dll includes or compiling more lines into the executable.
Well :blush: It really makes me quite shy to say this... but... are you a programmer?

Like I sad it's an organization thing - the way things are set up is elementary compared to other server and game server like architectures.
Ha-harh..nuh.. uh :ehh: Okay. I'll just cut to the chase. Are you a programmer?

That said, I couldn't agree more :thumbup1:
Now let's see RageZone do it :rolleyes:

I'm not hating on you, I'm just making sure we get on the same page.
I think so. Are you a programmer? :?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My programming career started when Sun Microsystems was founded. Were you alive then?

I'm not here to argue with a script kiddie or prove my knowledge in programming. I am however here to consolidate and provide support for the current (public) file releases. Could we refrain from the off topic stuff?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My programming career started when Sun Microsystems was founded. Were you alive then?
Person A spends 20 years writing "Hello World".
Person B spends 10 years writing actual coding.

I like to think of myself as Person B. Personal opinion, of course.

Agreed: I'm not here to argue with a script kiddie
Corrected: I'm here to debate with a professional
You're welcome. I suggest finding a C++ programmer to review your solution to the "XML bloat" so far.
I assure you that your qualifications are no less than kiddo, hailing from the Israeli military.

He specializes in Visual Basic. Just thought I'd let you know :):
I am however here to consolidate and provide support for the current (public) file releases.
Don't worry; most moderators here support any side which I am not on. There's really no need to affirm your relevance :cool:

#ifndef off_topic
#define off_topic
#define WE_LOVE_FISHSTICKS
//Now this is what I call off-topic!
#include "gayfish.h"
#endif //credits tanomist

I use a rule of thumb wrt languages for production code:
If you don't know how binary works, use ASM (because ASM = binary + readability).
If you don't know how ASM works, use C (because "trust compilers" from this point on).
If you don't know how C works, don't use C++ (because of so much crap involves "C" interop).
If you don't know how C++ works, don't use C# (because managed memory leaks are not a myth).
If you don't know how Java works, that's fine. (because Java rhymes with Jabba and =strlen(Joke)).

The pseudo-table above, is quite useful for people migrating upwards from VB. Or so I'd like to think :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And yes, I will spend another 20 years making sure the world still receives HELLO's

Thank you for your wise words and incredible source of C++ knowledge Crypticus... My skills are no match for your generations endless supply of libraries and flashy GUI's.

Can we get back on topic now?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your skills were a match, I'd have to eat my words. I don't like eating my words. Not one bit.

Getting a Cannot load dbghelp.dll from the gameserver.exe
And then it crashes.

I will post a new fix for that, thanks for the input
That's the problem with being on-topic; there's no lee-way for pretenders to maneuver. A bummer to be sure, I know.

So.. uh... you sure you want to go there? IIRC, Drift is still waiting for a reply.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your skills were a match, I'd have to eat my words. I don't like eating my words. Not one bit.

That's the problem with being on-topic; there's no lee-way for pretenders to maneuver. A bummer to be sure, I know.

So.. uh... you sure you want to go there? IIRC, Drift is still waiting for a reply.

^^ previous page, before you go off topic again. I prefer to mirror my work space to the similar environment as those having issues before I go off shooting into the dark. Can work that into your pseudo table of fancy know it alls.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I prefer to mirror my work space to the similar environment as those having issues before I go off shooting into the dark. Can work that into your pseudo table of fancy know it alls.
If you ask me, that's just like getting pregnant to understand underage pregnancies. Whoops, I went off-topic again!
. It's their O/S, and their implementation of the C++ runtime. They have both source and resources. Do you?
Alas, my pseudo-table only accommodates intelligent (or at the very least, feasible) methodologies :ehh:

On a side-note, I have everything working in WinXP/7/8 environments. If you're using this on Vista or pre-XP, grow a brain. Pretty please? :laugh:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who can help with setting mssql through TeamViewer?

I don't use team viewer, but I'm willing to help you out if you still need help. (I do use msn/skype which both allow screen sharing)

Send me a PM on here with contact info.

Getting a Cannot load dbghelp.dll from the gameserver.exe
And then it crashes.

What OS are you using Drift?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys i have error when i restore database to my sql 2008 R2... error 3241

Back