Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I create a Server now, will the game be in english or japanese/chinese?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to compile my server without a launcher?
I saw that one has to bypass the RaiderZ.exe, but the following error "ParseArguments failed", how can I resolve my client?

google tradutor sorry =/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@aeigis, it's this server files that the source released by RaiderZ Source? im a little confused here which server files are you using here. i have use the old server files before which has only lvl 20 limited. it's this ones only have lvl 25 max? any comparison with the official RaiderZ server files? sicne they are on Open Beta now, im wonder what's the limits lvl there now and new contents :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
very nice post! my server is work now, but i have one problem . i need client for this server and the package connect.rar is no work "runtime error" whats happends?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unbenannt - [GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files - RaGEZONE Forums

Does anyone have any base under MSSQL 2005

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When trying to connect the MasterServer.exe I get the following error:

"MasterServer.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize enquiry.c (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application. "

If I run as administrator, I get the following error: "

"MasterServer.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because nwzCryptoLib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. "

I use OS: Windows 2003 Server

Anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
I setup server and run smoth
1.JPG - [GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files - RaGEZONE Forums

And the problem is the client, i have extract Connect.rar to root riderz, and recompile the launcher. but i got error bellow.
2.JPG - [GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have successfully made a server using your guide aegis. Thanks for it.
server is on windows xp home 32 bit
the only problem was msvcp90.dll giving error for gameserver and loginserver. I solved the problem by downloading the msvcp90.dll from internet ( find it attached for whoever has the same problem).
I have to say that I find it a bit....overrated that we have to use mssql instead of something a lot more userfriendly like MySQL or even postgre, but it is how it is.
The only problem I have is that I cant seem to find a machable client for it. I have looked into the contents of this package and it has some stuff that's far later then the OBT or CBT of the game. So the question remains.. which client is suitable for this guide and the "etekserver", and with which launcher/connect patch/client modification it can run?

Best Regards

View attachment msvcp90.zip

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the client are the alpha.. 1.88 gb and too many are incomplete.. i wish there are someone could release new client and server files..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was able to get everything running but after character creation and after you hit connect it just stuck on logging to game server. It just stuck there, any help? Might probably be the client, anyone got it working and able to log into the game world?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:grr: all i see here was most of ppl, trying argue with Aeigis, and actuly no1 work (except Aeigis, he keep trying to keep us in touch with files etc... ) on creating or making or programing or whatever is need to make simply RAIDERZ SERVER FILES + CLIENT, working and rly simply for instaling for ppl like me (low lvl on all programing or all kinds of IT things ) i just want make working offline private server for myself. thx Aegis for the work, will keep wait for all files to come out someday

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
error - [GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files - RaGEZONE Forums

i keep getting this error and dont know what to do i have been stumped for the past 20 minutes lol any help?

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Friends hello! i've got error like:

Server Closed. what does it mean?

Reaction score
INDEX​
.1. - Introduction
.1a. - Version Notes
.2. - Files and Links Needed
.3. - Recommended Setup
.3a. - Alternate Setup
.4. - Installing and configuring MSSQL 2008
.5. - Configuring server
.6. - Web Registration
.7. - Client Modification

.1. Introduction
Hello, I have been messing with these files a little and would like to present my vanilla release and setup guide.

These files contain no mods and also were stripped of all unnecessary files. (making the download much smaller)

If you would like to upload mirrors please do so! The more the better for the community. If you are unable to access any of my links in your ISP region please let me know what sites work for you and I will work on another mirror for you.

~aeigis

.1a. Version Notes

1.0 - Completed setup guide to get server functional

To Do - Web Registration Guide (files already included in 1.0)
- Client Modification (Launcher Making etc...)

.2. Files and Links Needed

Lets start you out with getting the proper files needed before you begin setting up

Game Client

.3. Recommended Setup

If you are planning on playing with a few friends and plan on hosting the server on your own machine you should consider using a product like VMWARE to emulate a server without installing a ton of extra stuff on your own computer. I will not provide support or setup instruction for VMWARE considering there is more than enough support on their site. With the link I provided you will need to register (free) and download their software (also free). Obtain your own copy of which ever windows operating system you prefer. I state this as the preferred method because it is the most secure for you and your private information. After you have VMWARE installed continue to .4.

.3a. Alternate Setup

If you do not wish to use VMWARE or you are installing the server on a standalone server continue to .4.

.4. - Installing and configuring MSSQL 2008

I am borrowing a majority of the MSSQL 2008 Setup from sockie who has a guide posted in the sticky section. Why re-create the wheel - his guide is perfect.

.5. Configuring Server

Ok let's start by editing the config files
Open Up you AppServer folder and double click on Server.ini
I've done the liberty of adding in commented examples any line that has a ; infront is an example how how it should look when you are done.
VNaDG - [GUIDE] New Server Setup Guide +files - RaGEZONE Forums

Remember the blue text in the MSSQL setup section, the part I told you to remember? that is the text you put in the spots that say SERVER = "YOURSQLSERVER"

Your LAN IP you should be able to figure out. If you are even attempting this guide without that basic knowledge..... I recommend Google.

USERNAME = "sa"
PASSWORD = "password used in step 1 during MSSQL setup"

The same information is required in all server.ini files
However Gameserver2 has one additional string PUBLIC_IP
you can get this by going to
If you would like to use a forward, you may also do so.

After the above steps are completed properly your server will run without error. I create shortcuts to the server .exes and place them all in one location (like my desktop)

.6. Web Registration Setup
COMING SOON
(needed files already included in this setup)

.7. Client Modification

(client already provided, change connect.ini)

I have a few tips:

If you use sql authentication "sa", ensure that you give the SQL accounts access to the directories where the SQL backups are...
I gave "modify permissions" to these groups:
"SQLServer2005SQLBrowserUser$yourservername"
"SQLServerMSSQLUser$yourservername"

When restoring the backups to databases that you created, go to "options" and then tick "Overwrite the existing database (WITH REPLACE)"

If you are using 64bit windows when creating ODBC connections, create two connections. One in 32bit and one in 64bit.

start > run > %SystemRoot%\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe
AND
start > run > odbcad32.exe

When editing the server.ini files - ensure that ODBC name matches the ODBC info exactly, for example ( ODBC = "SQL Server Native Client 10.0" )

Attachments

Back