Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] What to expect in GunZ 2

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nah, the gameplay is completely different. Gunz2 is like mostly strategy, a little skill and some luck. And most of the time you can't defeat strategy with raw skill.
GunZ1 was about skill, and you could beat skill with strategy but you could also beat strategy with skill.
Even if properly tweaked, GunZ2 is a completely different concept. I'll keep playing both, GunZ 2 is more like a play4fun game.

Can't talk with someone who says shooters are based on luck.
And GunZ 1 wasn't ment to be a high skill cap game, it became one by accident which didn't work out well for them. More then enough reason for them to stay away from it.

So this is a perfect sequel to GunZ 1.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't talk with someone who says shooters are based on luck.
And GunZ 1 wasn't ment to be a high skill cap game, it became one by accident which didn't work out well for them. More then enough reason for them to stay away from it.

So this is a perfect sequel to GunZ 1.

As I said before, I agree that GunZ 2 shouldn't have been like GunZ1 and that this is a fine sequel.
But in terms of gameplay, they are two completely different games to be enjoyed in two completely different ways.
That is way I will keep playing both as two different games.

Also, most of the games with the most high skill cap gameplay got their gameplay value by accident (for example, extremely hard glitches in portal 1 for speedruns, same goes for Zelda OOT, strafejumping in Quake (which became a feature in Quake Live), jump canceling and other techniques in DMC3, and so on).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I said before, I agree that GunZ 2 shouldn't have been like GunZ1 and that this is a fine sequel.
But in terms of gameplay, they are two completely different games to be enjoyed in two completely different ways.
That is way I will keep playing both as two different games.

Also, most of the games with the most high skill cap gameplay got their gameplay value by accident (for example, extremely hard glitches in portal 1 for speedruns, same goes for Zelda OOT, strafejumping in Quake (which became a feature in Quake Live), jump canceling and other techniques in DMC3, and so on).

I don't know if you are involved in the GunZ 2 forums, but currently theres a huge suggestion thread with a lot of stuff.
Its filled with suggestions for the combat system and ways to raise the skillcap.

Its going to be sorted out and forwarded to maiet to discuss things that need to be handled differently, keep in mid this is closed beta. If they are going to act like they say they are, then a lot of changes will come.

Back