Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] GunZ 2 Client (Versions 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: GunZ 2 Versions 1-4

Maybe it's arranged as a Main and Secondary versus Melee and Ranged, what with the inclusion of classes, though I certainly hope that's not the case.

I wouldn't know but hope we can see some things done with this soon! :p

Reaction score

Two people in this Ducking thread i praise, Pspboy and dawson, seriously everything else here is spam or OMFG IM GOING TO PLAY GUNZ 2, most of you, NOT all, are pretty useless in this thread.

Sorry but had to be said -.-

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

-Offtopic: I'm going to a concert with my girlfriend in a few hours to a band I have to interest in. I'm going just to make her happy, It's her first concert :]

-Ontopic: I agree with Joe. This thread is to use the files released to see what is to come of GunZ 2, I'll post more findings when I get home.

Maybe it's arranged as a Main and Secondary versus Melee and Ranged, what with the inclusion of classes, though I certainly hope that's not the case.

I wouldn't know but hope we can see some things done with this soon! :p
To this, Here is what I found...
ASCII "CLASS_TYPE"
ASCII "SEX_TYPE"
ASCII "EQUIP_ITEM_HAT"
ASCII "EQUIP_ITEM_JACKET"
ASCII "EQUIP_ITEM_PANTS"
ASCII "EQUIP_ITEM_GLOVE"
ASCII "EQUIP_ITEM_SHOES"
ASCII "WEAPON_SLOT_MAIN_%d"
ASCII "WEAPON_SLOT_SUB_%d"
All of them on top of each other, so it's got to have some significance to what you're able to equip along with how many weapons.

-edit-
I just was searching threw the runnable again and found something quiet interesting.
Seems like there is going to be a cooldown time for machine guns/ rifles.
Search - Text strings referenced in Gunz2, item 397
Address = 00428125
Command = PUSH OFFSET 00C76544
Comments = ASCII "Heat_Max"
Search - Text strings referenced in Gunz2, item 398
Address = 0042815E
Command = PUSH OFFSET 00C76550
Comments = ASCII "Heat_Up"
Search - Text strings referenced in Gunz2, item 399
Address = 00428197
Command = PUSH OFFSET 00C76558
Comments = ASCII "Heat_Down"
Search - Text strings referenced in Gunz2, item 400
Address = 004281D0
Command = PUSH OFFSET 00C76564
Comments = ASCII "Heat_Cooldown"

One last thing for this post. I seem to keep seeing "Transform" and "TransformBACK"
.. So you tell me what you think that means.

~Jesse

Last edited:
Reaction score

Head, Glove, Body, Pants, and 2 weapon slots.
There's one less from GunZ 1. seeing as how there were 2 ranged slots and a melee slot.

No , Look in the Config.xml. It has Weapon1-9.

One last thing for this post. I seem to keep seeing "Transform" and "TransformBACK"

Maybe that has to do with the npc that was in the video. See how it raises? maybe it comes back down.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Neato, hopefully something good comes out of this by the time the official game is released/server perhaps leaked.

This is MAIET afterall.

Reaction score

It uses a rather large keytable, 65536 bytes, which is used to shift bits and xor bytes inside the MRF container to encrypt/decrypt

Edit: Here are 3 XML files from the system.mrf container
Item.xml
strings.xml
weaponsettype.xml

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score

It uses a rather large keytable, 65536 bytes, which is used to shift bits and xor bytes inside the MRF container to encrypt/decrypt

Item.xml
strings.xml
weaponsettype.xml

Thanks

Code:
<ID RWeaponType="52">Bare</ID>

Hand to Hand Combat FTW?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Item.xml
strings.xml
weaponsettype.xml
Tutorial? :D I am really noob at encryption, I didn't expect someone to unpack the MRF files so quickly. I bow to down to you, sir.:D:

Reaction score

Tutorial? :D I am really noob at encryption, I didn't expect someone to unpack the MRF files so quickly. I bow to down to you, sir.:D:

it isn't really a walk in the park ;) First you need to reverse their keytable generation, then dump that, and the keytable, afterwards reverse their encryption/decryption. That happens to be the same algo, just encrypt is forwards, and decrypt is backwards. I might post some of the algo here later, for now just take my word ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

it isn't really a walk in the park ;) First you need to reverse their keytable generation, then dump that, and the keytable, afterwards reverse their encryption/decryption. That happens to be the same algo, just encrypt is forwards, and decrypt is backwards. I might post some of the algo here later, for now just take my word ;)

Otay. Sounds like it would take some time. Which I don't really have right now. Maybe you can give me a lesson later, bik boi ;D

Reaction score

here is some of the encryption algo i promised

Code:
for ( DWORD i = 1;  i < nBuffLen;  i++)
		_buff[ i] ^= ( _buff[ i - 1] >> 1) ^ m_pKeyTable[ i & 0x0000FFFF];

there is a little more, but that is the major part

Reaction score

It may be Related to the Overheating.
Maiet might have given a Overheating Animation to the Items.
Instead of a Blinking Text of "Weapon Overheated!" with some steamy sound.

Reaction score

Guess you decided not to wait for Phi to dump this XD

Phi, me, someone, idc. Nothing stays private it just matters when/how you release it and if it benefits you in any way shape or form. This release greatly benefit fixing that pesky RaiderZ files that you all claimed were so broken (Not as broken as one thinks after a day or two of fixes)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

lmao does this game really have physics? cause im seeing physxloader.dll.

Thanks for sharing + like

Reaction score

lmao does this game really have physics? cause im seeing physxloader.dll.

Thanks for sharing + like

Yes. Realspace 3 has integration with nvidia physix or whatever the duck it is. This makes me pleased, it's not the best physix engine, I still say the best ones are the ones built into the source engine, and the ones built into frostbite 2. But Physx is pretty damn good.

It really shines ingame on RaiderZ on hair, and clothes and such. Maybe you'll all get to experience that soon too? ;) Only time will tell.

edit: You may wanna remove that windows 7/vista poop from your siggy before a smod or visor does, they'll do it along with an infraction too, so take it from me before they getcha.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Here is the command table extracted from GunZ2.

Here is an example of how to read it:
Code:
Command name: ZGAMECMD_REQUEST_ENTERBATTLE
Packet ID: 2710 [MOV EAX,2710]
Parameters:
'IP'[string,I'm guessing]
'GSID'[int]
Some more technical info:
Code:
Arg4 is always 000000FF on the packet description, 0000003F on packet parameters.
Arg2 is 00000100 when describing packet, 00000040 on packet parameters.
I'll edit this post when I find more.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Yes. Realspace 3 has integration with nvidia physix or whatever the duck it is. This makes me pleased, it's not the best physix engine, I still say the best ones are the ones built into the source engine, and the ones built into frostbite 2. But Physx is pretty damn good.

It really shines ingame on RaiderZ on hair, and clothes and such. Maybe you'll all get to experience that soon too? ;) Only time will tell.

edit: You may wanna remove that windows 7/vista poop from your siggy before a smod or visor does, they'll do it along with an infraction too, so take it from me before they getcha.

hmmm i will see :D

and i removed the key thing from my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back