Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Cape Effects, 155+

Reaction score
Hello yes, recently I started Wz editing again. I quit and start again a lot...

Anywho, before GMS started using the Source properity, it was all good, then they used it, and that caused blinking item's in lower verisons when you were to import it. I found a way around that and it worked all fine and dandy. Now I imported this cape, (there are more like it but this is one I am using as an example.)

Comso Knockout Cape.

Anywho, I would look into the Char.wz to see why it isn't working, all I see is that every node is a WZUOLProperity meaning, (source so to speak) and it all links to default/default so I would look in that node...

religion - Cape Effects, 155+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Ignore the highlighted numbers and pos, I added that in to see if it would work... it didn't...

But the normal nodes would be origin, delay, and z yet none have any images.

So I look at the Effect.WZ. I found the ItemID in ItemEff.img, so I added it into the v83 Effect, as I take a look and this is what it looks like.

religion - Cape Effects, 155+ - RaGEZONE Forums

I took a look in default and it was Effect>images of cape.

So I think it was fixed but I imported it and it still wasn't working.

Does anyone know why it is doing this? Not looking for a direct answer, but a point in the right direction. If you know the answer that would be good too.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What version are you aiming to import the nodes to? Sorry to ask but "lower versions" gives a broad range.

Reaction score
It's due to the client. It won't allow you to add the cape. I don't think the client was yet ready to read from the nodes from the Effect.wz to be able to handle capes on a person like that yet. So, it's being limited by v83 itself, because I know for a fact that it works on v117. I think it might work on v97+ but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
I know it will work in v117, as well as map effects, but that is from a packet in the source. I even tried coping the images and putting them in like the regular capes and that didn't even work lmao. I don't really want to have to do it from scratch but I guess I will have too. Lame but okay. Thanks for the reply though.

Back