Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Character sitting position for v164.1 chairs? (v83)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been looking around for an answer to this but I haven't found a solution, just a lot of unanswered questions. If there is a solved thread out there please be so kind to share and I'll do away with this one.

Anyways, I'm in the process of adding v164.1 items into a v83 server. Right now I'm doing chairs and I've noticed (like many before) that a lot of the chairs are meant to have the character sit on top of them, but in v83 the character is left sitting below them in the normal chair position. Now, after a bit of compare/contrast and intuition, I figured out that in higher versions these are handled by basically "mounting" the character on the chair using the tamingMob property to refer to a mount. Unfortunately, I can't get this property to work in v83. I've updated the tamingMob img's in Character.wz, along with string.wz and tamingmob.wz (figured it couldn't hurt) and still it doesn't work.

So my question is: Is there anyway to get the tamingMob property to work in v83 or is it just not compatible with v83? If not, is there a workaround that I can use to change the positioning of the character while in the chair?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem is with the lower version they don't have the moveCharPosition(something like that) in the wz files. So i'm guessing it needs to be added into the server files or something to do with client? But I have been trying to get these chairs to work for months and months and no luck. I posted plenty of threads and no one knows(or they are not sharing).

Reaction score
It is a real pain, but I have tried a lot of things and can't seem to get it working as well. It would be real nice to have it working but sadly no one really knows how to do it, unless you know how to edit the client...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem is with the lower version they don't have the moveCharPosition(something like that) in the wz files. So i'm guessing it needs to be added into the server files or something to do with client? But I have been trying to get these chairs to work for months and months and no luck. I posted plenty of threads and no one knows(or they are not sharing).

Yeah I've seen a couple properties like that. I think moveBodyRel was the one I saw but there very well could be others. As religion said, I'm now pretty sure it requires client edit. You need a way to add that or others as a readable property. Sadly I have no clue how to do anything client-wise so I think my journey ends here unless someone else gets it worked out.

Best of luck to you Etherialis, would love to see someone figure it out.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with the new year of Uni.

Last edited:
Back