Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Need help on combining sprites

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I can't seem to combine sprites in the right way. What I mean is, if I have a base character sprite and an equipment sprite ("default"), I can't see to join them in the right way (like Maple Design does). For example, if I have these 2 images:

CZVc0xc - Need help on combining sprites - RaGEZONE Forums
ZKujOkF - Need help on combining sprites - RaGEZONE Forums

I want to get this: (From Maple Design) (I)

CfYOxjA - Need help on combining sprites - RaGEZONE Forums

In my first try, I got this: (II)

uetSgMS - Need help on combining sprites - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm using Paint.NET, and I just put these 2 images in the same image without any modification (no wonder it isn't that easy)

After that, I tried using this interesting property called "origin" which is present in those sprites. I tried moving the images according to their origin. Like moving (II) ribbon and the base character X pixels to the left and Y pixels down, where X and Y are given by the origin property. I tried from the bottom left and bottom right too. No avail.

The tool I got my hands into, which is named Hair Origin Finder, also takes account of one of the map (subproperty) vectorproperties, named brow. So I think these map vectorproperties also influence the final result. I don't know how to use the properties to get the resulting sprite, and I'm not even sure if the origin is one of the corners of the image, or some other shady thing.

I searched really hard (lol) and could find some interesting info about this matter, but most of them also put the game client / map / space into account, and so the explanation gets even more confusing. I need it for my tool (HeavenBase), so X / Y coordinates and other in-game concerns aren't relevant.

To sum up, I have:

2 sprites, one is a base character sprite (fixed - ID 00002000 body and arm and 00012000 head) (I don't know if there's a place in the WZ files that give them joined, but if there isn't, I'll need to combine them into one sprite too) and the other one is an equipment (weapon / hat / top / overall / etc). And I can get the origin properties of these, and map properties if necessary. I don't know if there's something else I need to have in order to combine, but assuming it is all, what is the general idea, how to make it work?

P.S.: I don't know if this is the right place to post this question. It involves only extracting, but I couldn't find a WZ extracting Sub-Forum. If this is the wrong place, please message me before removing my post

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just give up. Nobody's still using this site. Also, about your question, no you can't. There's no way to predict the item's placement. You need to do it manually every time. I'm pretty sure that's the way Maple Design does it too, item by item.

Upvote 0
Back