Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Help] X/Y Coordinates

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to know the EXACT X/Y's is :

Take a screenshot of your chanarcter WITHOUT equiping the item.
Take a screenshot of your character WITH equiping the item
Open photoshop and open those three images :

1- First screenshot
2- Second screenshot
3- Your item

Now, put them all in one image and line them up like this :
-ITEM
-2ND SS
-1ST SS

Now Drag the item to the same exact place like the second screenshot and delete the screenshot, now you will have like this :
-ITEM
-1ST SS

Now, move up the item wherever you want it to be BUT count with it as pixels, like if you move :
To the right = 1,0
To the left = -1,0
To the top = 0,1
To the bottom = 0,-1

And keep counting, Example : You moved it to the right 5 times and to the top 6 times, its 5,6
Now the last part is add those numbers to the X/Y's , Lets say the X/Y's are 15,30 now they're 20,36

Enjoy~

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to know the EXACT X/Y's is :

Take a screenshot of your chanarcter WITHOUT equiping the item.
Take a screenshot of your character WITH equiping the item
Open photoshop and open those three images :

1- First screenshot
2- Second screenshot
3- Your item

Now, put them all in one image and line them up like this :
-ITEM
-2ND SS
-1ST SS

Now Drag the item to the same exact place like the second screenshot and delete the screenshot, now you will have like this :
-ITEM
-1ST SS

Now, move up the item wherever you want it to be BUT count with it as pixels, like if you move :
To the right = 1,0
To the left = -1,0
To the top = 0,1
To the bottom = 0,-1

And keep counting, Example : You moved it to the right 5 times and to the top 6 times, its 5,6
Now the last part is add those numbers to the X/Y's , Lets say the X/Y's are 15,30 now they're 20,36

Enjoy~

Or.. program an origin finding tool that will automatically do that for you? I do that so I can easily origin any item, not just hairs or chairs. Instead of screenshotting things and trying to get it right in ps or paint.net just load the item design, move it to the template character of choice, and it spits out the proper coordinates and navel's

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or.. program an origin finding tool that will automatically do that for you? I do that so I can easily origin any item, not just hairs or chairs. Instead of screenshotting things and trying to get it right in ps or paint.net just load the item design, move it to the template character of choice, and it spits out the proper coordinates and navel's

Yes but not every item starts from the same exact {o,o} X,Y.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes but not every item starts from the same exact {o,o} X,Y.

No item does, indeed. You use algorithms to make it replicate the coordinates of the game. 0,0 in a regular windows application is not 0,0 on your MapleStory character. You have to add additional coordinates to the items internally to match it with the same as the game yet output proper coordinates. You should also be checking the type of item being displayed to make the origins update.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
and how about mob co-ordinates? ;D

Never dealt with making or designing mobs before, didn't even think you needed coordinates cause I never saw any. ;P

However, same goes for mobs. Make the origins of the finder know where the ground is so when moving the monster up it will output where its footholds should be.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
and how about mob co-ordinates? ;D

Same thing as i said goes to mobs also, try to put it on any X/Y position and spawn it and then follow the steps i said previously.

Back