Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Help] Some images in HarePacker are transparent

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I've searched around a bit and came to the conclusion that something has changed in more recent versions of MS that prevents HaRepacker from getting certain images from the .wz files. From what I read, it's an issue that can be fixed by updating WZPngProperty. Sadly I'm not experienced enough to do that.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else had an updated version or knew of an alternative? (I know about MapleStory.studio, but you can only export 1 thing at a time there) The only thing I'm really interested in right now is dumping all the NPC.wz images, so if you could do that for me instead that'd be really appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, but still having issues.

I guess it would have been helpful to note I was trying to pull from the latest version. I've settled with 117 for now and am having no problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I've searched around a bit and came to the conclusion that something has changed in more recent versions of MS that prevents HaRepacker from getting certain images from the .wz files. From what I read, it's an issue that can be fixed by updating WZPngProperty. Sadly I'm not experienced enough to do that.

I guess it would have been helpful to note I was trying to pull from the latest version. I've settled with 117 for now and am having no problems.

From the sounds of it, this is a different issue than what you were reading about. The issue you were having with the latest version is that it has new nodes - source and inlink/outlink - that are used similarly to the UOL property in lower versions. Essentially they reference PNG basedata from a pre-existing source so they don't have to store the picture in multiple spots, saving considerable amounts of space. Rather than transparent, the pictures are nonexistent, replaced by a link to where the picture actually is located.

The reason v117 works is because that version predates the addition of source and inlink/outlink. Source appeared in around v140, inlink/outlink a bit after that.

If you're interested in using v140+, you can look at religion's Ultimate XML parser in WZ Releases, and use that to parse source/inlink/outlink. Otherwise you should be fine if you stick to pre-v140.

Back