Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Help][WZ Edits]Maplestory Logo location

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the MapleStory logo that appears on the login screen I've changed the one in Map>Obj>Login.xml it still shows as MapleStory the one in UI>Login looks nothing like it so I don't know if it's that one I know Alpha changed it for Wizstory so I know it's possible just trying to find it..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Try creating a new property with your chosen logo. Then by using HaCreator, remove the MapleStory one and replace it with your logo. Then save your UI.wz and you're done ! :)

If you don't know how to do it then report back. I'll give you a step by step guide. Though you should be able to figure it out by yourself by studying your Map.wz

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To be honest I'm quite interested In this as well, Chukiba. Could explain the steps towards this incase I accidentally somehow mess it up ? Please and thank you !

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
[Help]How to edit Skills

Hey I'm trying to change skills entirely not only the effect like the entire skill..
I need to know what I'm missing or doing wrong

I've changed the skill in skill.wz the icon changes and the effect does too.
I've changed the name and description in string.wz so it shows the new info

But Replacing Genesis (Bishop) for Reflection (Luminous) Didn't work out.. The character did the stance effect like to use Genesis and reflection was no where to be seen

Is there something in another wz file that needs to be edited? Or Can Genesis not be changed for a different attack?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Lol lets take care of one problem first kay? Couldn't do this during the week since I was busy. I'll be using RaGeZone's logo as an example in this short TuT. I had to rewrite this due to a powercut -.-

1. Open your Map.wz via HaRepacker and locate MapleStory's logo.
( Map.wz -> Obj -> login.img -> Title -> logo )

Mallissy - [Help][WZ Edits]Maplestory Logo location - RaGEZONE Forums

2. Highlight logo, and create another property. Name the property '1' and make it a SubProperty.
( Property -> Add Property )

3. Now, highlight that newly created Property '1' and add another property to it. Call the property '0' and make it a WzCanvasProperty. In the 'Browse PNG' field, click on it and locate the logo you want to add. I used RaGeZone's logo as an example like I mentioned earlier.

4. Highlight the new '0' Property that you created, and then once again, add another Property to it. Name the property 'origin', and make it a WzVectorProperty. In it's Content's field, put any two numbers with a comma inbetween them. If you're not sure, just copy what I did here.

5. We're almost done! Once again, highlight the '0' and add one final property to it. Name the property 'z' and make it a WzCompressedIntProperty. In it's Content's field, put a '0'.

[/url]

6. Now, close all remaining 'branches' until you're back at the 'Login.img'. Highlight 'login.img' and click on 'XML' and click on 'Dump'.

7. Make sure that the 'Putting it in my server's WZ Directory' is checked. Then, take the xml that you dumped, and place it in your server's WZ folders. To be exact, place it in the 'Map -> Objects' Folder.

8. After that, Save HaRepacker. Open up your Map.wz with HaCreator and make sure that the 'Login' section is checked.

9. Scroll down until you see the MapleStory logo, then after highlighting it, remove it either by pressing 'R' on your keyboard or by pressing the 'Delete' button on your keyboard.

10. Click on 'Objects' then locate your own logo. Click on it, then place it anywhere you want.
( login -> Title -> logo )

11. After placing it, click on 'Tools' then 'Save'.

12. Don't change any settings. Where it says 'Path', click in it's Contents field and save your UI.wz to either your Desktop, or any other secure location that you can access easily. Then place your new UI.wz in your MapleStory folder.

Start up your server, and enjoy! :)

Hope this helped! :) Normally you just have to replace the MapleStory logo with your own, but your case seems to be special lol.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thank you ! but also is doing what you exactly did, able to go and make the background of the login page as well ? or is the process a bit different ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The login screen is 'split' into 3 sections. So it's basically 3 different backgrounds. The process is definetly similar, but still different. Once again, just study your Map.wz and you'll be able to figure it out in no time. If the time comes when you can't do it, report back to me. Give it a shot first though. You learn more from Trial and Error.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
err one question, by doing this, I don't need players to replace their wz folder with this? by replacing the XML in the server source folder, it will be applied to everyone no matter their wz is edited or not?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, since the logo your using will be entirely new. They don't have it in their WZ files so they won't be able to view it. I suggest using a Patcher or just compressing your Map.wz and UI.wz then uploading 'em.
Though a patcher is the best way to go.

Back